• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer Targets - choose 4 - You are the Manager.

We need forwards, wouldn't mind going for two who can cover flanks as well as play the lone role.

Jan Vertonghen
Loic Remy
Olivier Giroud
Andriy Yarmolenko

Sorry, I don't see any available englishmen good enough to strenghten us immediately.
Wouldn't be against signing Nathan Redmond, Nick Powell, Harry Maguire etc. for the future though.
And I'm also among those who are willing to give our own youth their opportunity:
Kane, Smith, Caulker, Bostock, Carroll, Townsend, Parrett ..

Adler has signed a pre-contract with Hamburg. We missed our chance with him in January (when non-German clubs could do pre-contracts but German ones couldn't)

Ah...bugger! Surely we would have had a chance if he went to Hamburg too.

Utd and Chelsea have won plenty of league titles recently with English players and City have plenty in their squad [-X

Wouldn't you say that for the most part they have the best english players though?
Leaving us with the second rate players if we chose to build upon english players.
Kind of like Liverpool when they sign Downing, Henderson etc.?

I love to have a english/british line up, but I feel we have to catch them at a young age.

Funnily enough, a fair few of them yes! If a player is English and over 21 he is brick apparently.

look around though, how many decent English players in their mid twenties are there and how many would want to join Spurs?

id take Milner and Johnson from City, after that im struggling to think of anyone

foreign players now dominate English football

Handanovic (Free)
Vertonghen
Cissokho
Giroud

*Seems Handanovic recently signed a new contract.

Last edited:
Handanovic (Free)
Vertonghen
Cissokho
Giroud

Handonovic is on a free?????? no frickin way!! get the bad boy in, jeez id pay over 10 mill for him if he was contracted

free???

look around though, how many decent English players in their mid twenties are there and how many would want to join Spurs?

id take Milner and Johnson from City, after that im struggling to think of anyone

foreign players now dominate English football

Really? I'd say they are the type of players we should be avoiding (well, after the Phil Nevilles and Joe Coles of this world). They are just more Downings, Hendersons and Adams.

If we didn't want to buy Flemish with Verts, we should have gone for Phil Jones 18 months ago.

As for forwards - Carroll, Zamora, Holt and Crouch are all England has in the Ade/Ade back-up position and 2 of them have already flopped with us.

Really? I'd say they are the type of players we should be avoiding (well, after the Phil Nevilles and Joe Coles of this world). They are just more Downings, Hendersons and Adams.

If we didn't want to buy Flemish with Verts, we should have gone for Phil Jones 18 months ago.

As for forwards - Carroll, Zamora, Holt and Crouch are all England has in the Ade/Ade back-up position and 2 of them have already flopped with us.

id say Milner and Johnson would be the best from a bad bunch of mid twenties english players. That demonstrates the lack of talent out there

they are a step above Henderson and Downing though

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896...d-to-sign-phil-jones-before-manchester-united

Back