• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Subway.. What no bacon!?

There are plenty round my way, thing is that the religious schools be they catholic or c of e tend to get better results. I would also want my child growing up with the tolerance that for example my Catholic school I went to in London showed me.

As we only have one son we could afford private school and they have a big **** chapel in the grounds, we go there at xmas for carol services and love it but I doubt anyone inside thinks the is a guy sat up on a cloud with a white beard controlling us all. I may not be clever but aint that stupid.

There's not much in the way of non-religious schooling though near us.

Obviously our boy's not going to the standard state schools so that leaves us with the choice of Luffa (very good school, but a bit Jesusy) or paying. Which school did your one go to Chich, PGS?

There's not much in the way of non-religious schooling though near us.

Obviously our boy's not going to the standard state schools so that leaves us with the choice of Luffa (very good school, but a bit Jesusy) or paying. Which school did your one go to Chich, PGS?

Yep 13 this summer, soon be going to university....I hope.

Last edited:
Scara I know a couple of teachers at Our Lady of Sion is a little drive to the west but I think they do a pick up in Chichester so that might interest you, I know it is religious but not in your face, we looked into because of having friends over there.

East/west you know what I mean, geography not my strong point haha.

Last edited:
Scara I know a couple of teachers at Our Lady of Sion is a little drive to the west but I think they do a pick up in Chichester so that might interest you, I know it is religious but not in your face, we looked into because of having friends over there.

East/west you know what I mean, geography not my strong point haha.

Thanks mate - not interested in religious schools though. I just think it undermines the teachers when you tell your kid that what they say is right except when they talk about zombie Jesus and his secret gay club of 12.

Isn't Westbourne a prep school? Which secondary is he going to?

I have a friend who works at Ditcham Park, but don't know if I want to send my kid where a friend works.

I like PGS (turned it down as a kid after getting a scholarship) but it's in Portsmouth. I was really hoping my boy would never have to go into Portsmouth - much like he'll probably never see the wrong side of the river or East London.

Thanks mate - not interested in religious schools though. I just think it undermines the teachers when you tell your kid that what they say is right except when they talk about zombie Jesus and his secret gay club of 12.

Isn't Westbourne a prep school? Which secondary is he going to?

I have a friend who works at Ditcham Park, but don't know if I want to send my kid where a friend works.

I like PGS (turned it down as a kid after getting a scholarship) but it's in Portsmouth. I was really hoping my boy would never have to go into Portsmouth - much like he'll probably never see the wrong side of the river or East London.

He has been accepted for portsmouth but it is all up in the air at the moment because we are looking to moving over to Hurstpierpoint in east sussex and the are places available at Hurstpierpoint College but we have to sort out the house and everything first.

Wife has a new job she is leaving the prison service for a womans mental hospital haha.

great article

i'm fed up with all this ********, people lap it up though, its exactly the sort of things those cretins in UKIP feed on

Exactly. If you don't like the way an animal is slaughtered for food, become a vegetarian, not a racist

Exactly. If you don't like the way an animal is slaughtered for food, become a vegetarian, not a racist

That's a terrible idea (the vegetarian bit, not the racist bit).

Am I allowed to become a religionist instead of eating **** food? I promise to be equally disparaging of all religions, so I can't be accused of being a muslimist or whatever the term would be. I suppose you could then level criticism at me for being gullibleist or maybe sandalist (they do still all wear sandals, right?).

Utter bollox.

My point is that there is a certain amount of Halal that is not regulated and you cannot trace the journey the meat has taken whether its stunned or not is immaterial, the article clearly does not want to mention. It was the same with horse meat getting into the food chain, those outside of the UK took the **** where we as a country are not hands on and food companies took a blind eye because they were getting away with it and making profits..

Yes a large proportion is stunned, but unless its 100% I will not eat it. That is my choice, it does not have to be Halal meat, it can be meat from other countries, i.e New Zealand Lamb.

Its these combined factors which will stop me eating Halal. Not because of the religious reasons, not because its Muslim.. not for anything to do with race, colour of skin. I want a British standard placed on the packaging like the tractor, so I know its 100% safe.

I ask, you have two chickens infront of you same size, same price, same product name.. one has a British Standard Mark on it the other has nothing.. what do you think people will buy.

Your issue then isn't about halal. It is about cruelty to animals. The argument put forward is that killing an animal to eat it and killing it by causing it a bit of pain and then eating it are both bad from that perspective just one worse than the other.

The fact is that most halal meat is stunned and not brutal. Probably about as much as non halal meat as some of the abattoirs have atrocious conditions and are brutal also.

Your issue then isn't about halal. It is about cruelty to animals. The argument put forward is that killing an animal to eat it and killing it by causing it a bit of pain and then eating it are both bad from that perspective just one worse than the other.

The fact is that most halal meat is stunned and not brutal. Probably about as much as non halal meat as some of the abattoirs have atrocious conditions and are brutal also.

no. its where it originates the journey.. whether the animal has been farmed right, had the right injections, been fed EU regulated feed etc etc. Farming is a fine art these days.. contamination is a major worry.

Yes I don't like animals not being stunned because I think its out of order. Unless Halal is 100% stunned and the journey is mapped then I will not be eating it. The only time I do is because I don't really have a choice other than become a vegetarian (although the question is still there with vegatables, what has been put on them before they reach your dinner table) is when I go abroad. Going to the Phillipines in August I will probably live on rice. :lol:

Remember I have started threads about buying meat from British farms, farm shops as I believe its better.. and safer, you know the animal has come from there grounds or if it hasn't then you know the footprint because its come from another farmer down the road. I also like to champion local producers of meat. I certainly am not a fan of meat brought into the country unless it has a footprint, remember Bernard Mathews. :lol:

Last edited:
If that's the case SuperHudd, why on earth do you care about Halal meat served in Subway? Surely as a purveyor of richly sourced meat you wouldn't ever venture into a fast food joint?

Just to clarify, I'm not trying to call you out for being a closet racist or other such nonsense SuperHudd, I just feel your debating points have been inconsistent in this thread and it confuses me. Or maybe I'm just consistently confused ;)

Last edited:
Back