• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Subway.. What no bacon!?

I will agree to me being right, you being wrong and for us to leave it at that.

If you wish to you can pretend that it says "also right" instead of wrong there, just like Auro pretends that there are moral reasons for not eating animals that transcends the taste of bacon...

How about that for a compromise? ;)

I didn't want to say all that myself, but as you have can I suggest you take your own advice. :p

Wow Pizza hut now guess this thread will run and run for a bit now http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...led-more-clearly-campaigners-say-9330471.html

I find it odd that this is getting more news space then the "muslim overthrow" of some schools. That seems pretty serious and troubling and suggests that some of our population are so alienated that they wish to change the country they live in and do away with our fine long standing liberal social views and laws. Would like to see if anyone can defend that.

Whether a restaurant is serving meat in a certain way is or no real concern. But the school thing is real serious, very very serious.

Wow Pizza hut now guess this thread will run and run for a bit now http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...led-more-clearly-campaigners-say-9330471.html

I find it odd that this is getting more news space then the "muslim overthrow" of some schools. That seems pretty serious and troubling and suggests that some of our population are so alienated that they wish to change the country they live in and do away with our fine long standing liberal social views and laws. Would like to see if anyone can defend that.

Whether a restaurant is serving meat in a certain way is or no real concern. But the school thing is real serious, very very serious.

Did you say the same when they were selling horse meat?

Yes the schooling thing is a bigger problem, and one that should get more airtime.. problem though as it does not affect people personally. Its funny as this whole situation harps me back to when I used to listen to Ceaser the Geezer.. around 15 years ago on talk radio and he used to say that that in 20 years time Muslim way of life will have a hold of the schooling systems to teach sharia law. They would be the judges, doctors, MPs and whatever other job that held substance in the community, and that slowly things would change ever so slowly towards the way they wanted to live life... at the time I laughed it off as total scaremongering.. now.. not so sure.

But Chich I totally see your concerns regarding our schooling. I have a 2 year old and this gives me the heeby jeebies thinking what school he will go to. May move out to the sticks before then so doesn't become an issue.

Did you say the same when they were selling horse meat?

Yes the schooling thing is a bigger problem, and one that should get more airtime.. problem though as it does not affect people personally. Its funny as this whole situation harps me back to when I used to listen to Ceaser the Geezer.. around 15 years ago on talk radio and he used to say that that in 20 years time Muslim way of life will have a hold of the schooling systems to teach sharia law. They would be the judges, doctors, MPs and whatever other job that held substance in the community, and that slowly things would change ever so slowly towards the way they wanted to live life... at the time I laughed it off as total scaremongering.. now.. not so sure.

But Chich I totally see your concerns regarding our schooling. I have a 2 year old and this gives me the heeby jeebies thinking what school he will go to. May move out to the sticks before then so doesn't become an issue.

Actually I may have put that the wrong way, of course the horse meat thing was wrong. Personally I do not mind eating halal meat as it is not as badly treated as I first thought. I thought halal was like veal which I would never eat. I do eat meat and I want to know nothing has been added to it like the horse meat stuff.

So all food should be labelled so we know what is in it.

But yeah the really serious thing going on in the country is the attempted take over of schools by a small portion of the muslim community who have lied to get non muslim head teachers sacked so that they can change the school and try to remodel it in an extremist image.

I did try to write a comment on the Guardian website but they are not accepting comments on the muslim school stories, often they do not on stories like that.

I will not get into political debates anymore on this site but I think the real interesting debate would have been to discuss the problems in the schools in Birmingham and other areas.

Just lifted this from the comments from the Guardian and couldn't agree more
FredericMoreau rightwinggit
What bothers me is the fact that, after centuries of decline, prayer and religion are increasingly invading public life and the public sphere (whether through free schools, dress codes, "purity rings," crucifixes or seating plans in university lecture halls).

I don't want to live in a society where the idea that people will only eat food that has been "blessed" is not challenged (or even laughed at).

Mr Muir is treating this as an issue about ethnicity (by conflating two separate news items from the last week) - when in fact it is not, it is an issue about secular, enlightened values vs. religious practice.

I thought that the Guardian stood for enlightened, secular values - and I would like to see a comment piece that questioned whether this instance of yet another religious intrusion into public life is good for British society.

I don't want them brainwashed with all that ********

Christianity is very good at subtle suggestion, all the other religions are obvious nut jobs and even a 5 year old can see through them, these ****ers are sneaky though

I don't want them brainwashed with all that ********

Christianity is very good at subtle suggestion, all the other religions are obvious nut jobs and even a 5 year old can see through them, these ****ers are sneaky though

Lol ok. I went to a church school but I never really paid much attention to it. Yes we sang hymns every morning about GHod, attended monthly Eucharist etc but it was just something you put up with amongst all the normal **** kids do. I respect what you want for your kid though.

Didn't know this..quote below lifted from the latest Mail article. Looks like New Zealand lamb is off the menu too. :lol: Its become an epidemic. How the fcuk did it get so entrenched into the food chain.

Take Sikhs, whose faith strictly and specifically forbids them from consuming animals which have been 'ritually slaughtered'. They currently have no way of telling what meat or ready meals they can or cannot consume.

Also like this quote too.. well said that man

Maajid Nawaz, of the Quilliam Foundation – a Muslim think-tank set up to challenge extremism – said: 'All halal meat in the UK should be pre stunned (all chicken already is), halal should not be a secret and no national chain should ban bacon. Muslims can simply not order it.'

Hey AuroRaman, all this is a secret plan isn't it to make us veggies

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ghtered-meat-dont-label-it.html#ixzz314aEcDzz

Last edited:
Lol ok. I went to a church school but I never really paid much attention to it. Yes we sang hymns every morning about GHod, attended monthly Eucharist etc but it was just something you put up with amongst all the normal **** kids do. I respect what you want for your kid though.

I didn't go to a church school, but we still sung bloody hymns in morning assembly in both Junior and Senior School.

I did too, and it becomes normal, and then you have kids, and people ask when the baptism is, and they grow up and think they have to get married in a church, and then they think you have to go to church and pay the tithe so their kids get into the "good school", and the cycle begins again, and you can't criticise it, you can't question it, logic and reason are thrown back in your face with claims that you need to have faith, and that becomes a reasonable position, so they accept the faith of others, and don't question the wrongs and the double standards, yet they don't know why

I can't remember if it was me, but it does sound like something I would suggest! Perhaps it was your old sparring partner Gifter? I miss your duels with him.

Could have been. Yeah, those where the old days ;)

Nah, Gifter was cool, I disagreed with him on so many issues, but he seemed genuine and honest.

I didn't want to say all that myself, but as you have can I suggest you take your own advice. :p

I try to avoid it as far as possible ;)

Absolutely indefensible.

I watched a Dawkins documentary that had some clips from a UK school, might have been "enemies of reason" or something like that. Scary stuff.

Could have been. Yeah, those where the old days ;)

Nah, Gifter was cool, I disagreed with him on so many issues, but he seemed genuine and honest.

I try to avoid it as far as possible ;)

Gifter was one of my favourites again did not always agree with him but I loved his outlook and he brought something to the table. Anyone who is prepared to think differently is often shot down unfairly.

i have two young kids, its finding a non christian school thats causing us problems

There are plenty round my way, thing is that the religious schools be they catholic or c of e tend to get better results. I would also want my child growing up with the tolerance that for example my Catholic school I went to in London showed me.

As we only have one son we could afford private school and they have a big **** chapel in the grounds, we go there at xmas for carol services and love it but I doubt anyone inside thinks the is a guy sat up on a cloud with a white beard controlling us all. I may not be clever but aint that stupid.

Back