• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Steven Caulker

Just want to say i'm so proud of this young man! Hopefully got lots of confidence after his debut goal, and will develop to a great CB we will have for many years. England were winning while he was on the pitch :)

Just want to say i'm so proud of this young man! Hopefully got lots of confidence after his debut goal, and will develop to a great CB we will have for many years. England were winning while he was on the pitch :)

No Ryan Shawcross though.

FIRST CAP, FIRST GOAL AND A SPURS RECORD FOR CAULKER

Posted 14 November 2012 11:13pm

Steven Caulker scored on his England debut against Sweden on Wednesday night - claiming a Spurs record along the way.

The central defender was selected to start the friendly in Stockholm and at 20 years, 321 days, became the third-youngest Spurs player to earn a full England cap behind Aaron Lennon (19 years, 48 days) and Jimmy Dimmock (20 years, 125 days).

However, when Steven converted Steven Gerrard's free-kick to hand the Three Lions a 2-1 lead in the 38th minute, he became the youngest Spur to score in a full England international, beating Jermain Defoe's record of 21 years, 337 days.

Steven performed well up against Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Udinese's Mathias Ranegie at the official opening of the new Friends Stadium.

Ibrahimovic opened the scoring with a slice of fortune as Steven blocked his initial shot in front of goal, but the Paris St Germain star poked home the loose ball.

Danny Welbeck and then Steven's close-range effort saw Roy Hodgson's men 2-1 up at half-time and England looked in control at the start of the second half.

Steven departed with the score still at 2-1 in the 74th minute, replaced by Stoke's Ryan Shawcross.

Tom Huddlestone also entered the fray at that point for his fourth cap and first since May, 2010 in place of skipper Gerrard, who earned his 100th cap on the night.

Ibrahimovic then took over.

He vollyed home the equaliser on 77 minutes, drilled in a free-kick from 30 yards for 3-2 on 84 and then capped the lot with one of the best international goals of recent years, an overhead kick from fully 30 yards after Joe Hart had raced out of his area to head the ball clear.

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/spurs/News/first-cap-first-goal-for-caulker-14112012.page?

Jinking Jimmy Dimmock ...... brings back memories of cringeworthy FA Cup Final songs!

I just want to point out now. 2 years later after he made his first appearance for us against the scum in the League cup game. That at that point i said Caulker was a very good goal threat. At the time I got ridiculed.

Im here now to say. Told yer!!! ner ner

But its great to have a player come through the ranks all the way to national team and is doing so well. I think we have to thanks AVB a bit for this. It would have been easy to stick with the experienced guys. But we needed to give Caulker playing time and we are going to reap the rewards for it now.

I think we Caulker, Vertonghen and Kaboul we have a great trio of atheletic, strong guys who can also play it on the ground and be a goal threat. be great when everyone is fit and we can get a partnership from them three going.

Jinking Jimmy Dimmock ...... brings back memories of cringeworthy FA Cup Final songs!

My Grandfather's all-time favorite Spurs player...

A1071.jpg

...he's the chap in the centre of the frame.

Steven Caulker could return to the Tottenham team for tomorrow’s Europa League tie against Lazio, despite continuing to suffer from the knee problem that caused him to miss the derby defeat by Arsenal.

Caulker was expected to travel with the rest of the squad to Rome today for a match that may determine Tottenham’s future in Europe’s secondary competition. The centre-back sustained the injury while on international duty with England, when he earned his first senior cap against Sweden.

The decision on whether to risk Caulker will be a difficult one for Andre Villas-Boas. The Portuguese is determined to progress into the knockout phase of the Europa League but Spurs’ Premier League results have deteriorated in recent weeks and they have a tough match against West Ham at White Hart Lane on Sunday.

Villas-Boas regards Caulker as one of his best defenders and the former Chelsea boss is not concerned about the 20-year-old suffering tiredness. William Gallas, 35, on the other hand, is likely to be rested against Lazio.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/andre-villasboas-might-risk-steven-caulker-for-spurs-test-at-lazio-8340029.html

Good interview. The young man's rise has been fantastic. Couldn't have gone better.

Of course there will be mistakes and the odd off game but it's fantastic having such a confident English academy grown player as a mainstay in our defense, he is just 20 years old and we'll hopefully see him for many years to come at the Lane.

Back