• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Steven Caulker

Re: Caulker

I believe it was just first team football. Reports out there say he rejected Arsenal because he wasn't guaranteed first team football.

Caulker looks like a very good footballer, not just a very good centreback. I reckon he would do very well at fullback just like Ledley used to do when he was younger.

I think Kaboul and Vertonghen will be first choice when all are fit, with Caulker being 1st reserve. He's still young so inevitably will have a bad game occasionally, which might knock his confidence if our fickle fans start getting on his back. We have the luxury of a bunch of very good central defenders and we should use that to our advantage.
That is not a nailed-on combo..good points otherwise. Right now Walker is suffering a backlash on this site from some.
Just as a matter of interest..how many here know Caulker's first name (without looking it up?)

That is not a nailed-on combo..good points otherwise. Right now Walker is suffering a backlash on this site from some.
Just as a matter of interest..how many here know Caulker's first name (without looking it up?)

are you for real, i think everyone knows, all the reports call him buy his name stephen caulker, for years we have been looking up to see if our young defender stephen caulker is playing and how he is doing. I think everyone would know his first name.

Is a bit strange. Why wouldn't we know one of our most promising talents in absolutely YEARS' first name?

are you for real, i think everyone knows, all the reports call him buy his name stephen caulker, for years we have been looking up to see if our young defender stephen caulker is playing and how he is doing. I think everyone would know his first name.

It's actually Steven!:-"

Is a bit strange. Why wouldn't we know one of our most promising talents in absolutely YEARS' first name?

Do people you are friendly with call you by your first or last name?

This thread title is "Caulker" why not call it "Steven Caulker?"

Only a minor point, but still a point.

It's a thread title, I don't know. When you're talking to your mates about football and the question of whos the best footballer in the world come up, do you say Lionel? Lionel Messi? or Messi?.. personally, I say Messi and the majority know who I'm talking about.

actually they do, well they do not even say it all, my last name is lambert but people who i am close with call me lambo quite a lot.

Although i admire caulker i can not really say im close with him.

A0762.jpg

Steven Caulker was happy to claim a slice of luck for his first Spurs goal - he was simply delighted to make the key breakthrough against Villa.

The defender was in the right place at the right time to open the scoring in the 57th minute in the Premier League encounter at the Lane on Sunday.

Gareth Bale’s deep cross fell to Jermain Defoe, the striker took aim and his shot clipped off Steven’s heel and flew into the net.

Aaron Lennon soon added the second and it was one-way traffic at 2-0 as we made it four wins on the trot in the Premier League.

“I’ve got to be honest, Jermain went for goal and it hit me and went in,” he said. “I was just delighted to get the team 1-0 up.

“It was very fortunate but it’s my first goal for Spurs and hopefully the first of many.”

Fortunate or not, the importance of the goal cannot be underestimated.

“I thought Villa were a good side and they set up well,” added Steven. “That’s why it was important to get that first goal.

“From there, we pushed on and controlled the game. Villa were a threat, they’ve some good strikers, so we’re delighted with a clean sheet.

“We’re on a fantastic run of form and hopefully we’ll continue that after the international break.”

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/spurs/News/caulkers-delight-08102012.page

Steven Caulker happy to be given first-team chance

Spurs defender happy at being given chance at White Hart Lane by Andre Villas-Boas

Steven Caulker has expressed his delight at being given the chance to shine at Tottenham Hotspur this season.

After being sent out on loan for the past three seasons, Andre Villas-Boas has put his faith in the 20-year-old this campaign by starting him in Tottenham's last four matches after Younes Kaboul suffered a long-term knee injury.

The defender's performances have put him ahead of Michael Dawson in the pecking order, and also earned him a first call-up to the England squad for August's friendly against Italy, although he missed out on the squad for the latest round of internationals.

"You want to know that if you are playing well and you are training well you will be in the team," Caulker said. "It's not nice when there are favourites, I think AVB has brought that into the team and I am happy.

"The manager has come in, he's brought a few youngsters in, myself included, and he has pushed a few of us forward. When I came back he said I was in his plans, so I have to trust that and be patient and so far it has worked well.

"The main thing now is that I'm going into the international break having played in the team. I have played in a few games now and my confidence is up."

Villas-Boas and his assistant Steffen Freund have talked up Caulker as an England star of the future, something which has gone down well with the player.

"To hear that from the boss is fantastic," Caulker said. "You always have to have that self-belief that you can go all the way. That is what I am in the game for."

Caulker's performance in Sunday's 2-0 win over Aston Villa, in which he scored a first goal for the club, drew high praise from Villas-Boas.

"He looked impressive for the age that he is," the Spurs manager said. "He has come in to the team and has had no fear.

"It's thanks to the work of the development team and the Academy that we are bringing these quality players through."

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/news/news/news-in-brief-101012.html

Steven Caulker happy to be given first-team chance

Spurs defender happy at being given chance at White Hart Lane by Andre Villas-Boas

Steven Caulker has expressed his delight at being given the chance to shine at Tottenham Hotspur this season.

After being sent out on loan for the past three seasons, Andre Villas-Boas has put his faith in the 20-year-old this campaign by starting him in Tottenham's last four matches after Younes Kaboul suffered a long-term knee injury.

The defender's performances have put him ahead of Michael Dawson in the pecking order, and also earned him a first call-up to the England squad for August's friendly against Italy, although he missed out on the squad for the latest round of internationals.

"You want to know that if you are playing well and you are training well you will be in the team," Caulker said. "It's not nice when there are favourites, I think AVB has brought that into the team and I am happy.

"The manager has come in, he's brought a few youngsters in, myself included, and he has pushed a few of us forward. When I came back he said I was in his plans, so I have to trust that and be patient and so far it has worked well.

"The main thing now is that I'm going into the international break having played in the team. I have played in a few games now and my confidence is up."

Villas-Boas and his assistant Steffen Freund have talked up Caulker as an England star of the future, something which has gone down well with the player.

"To hear that from the boss is fantastic," Caulker said. "You always have to have that self-belief that you can go all the way. That is what I am in the game for."

Caulker's performance in Sunday's 2-0 win over Aston Villa, in which he scored a first goal for the club, drew high praise from Villas-Boas.

"He looked impressive for the age that he is," the Spurs manager said. "He has come in to the team and has had no fear.

"It's thanks to the work of the development team and the Academy that we are bringing these quality players through."

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/news/news/news-in-brief-101012.html

Good old Harry.

Back