• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Starting X1 for next season if don't sign anybody else?

-------------------------------- Friedel ---------------------------------------
Walker -------- Gallas ---------- Kaboul ----------- Vertonghen -------- Ekotto
--------------- Parker -------- Livermore ----------- Sandro ------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------- Lennon ------------- Bale ------------------------------

-----------------------------------Friedel---------------------------------

Walker------------------Gallas--------------Vertonghen-------------Ekotto

----------------------------Sandro-----------Hudd------------------------

-------Lennon-------------------Sigurdsson-------------------Bale--------

-------------------------------------VdV--------------------------------

........................Freidel

Walker.......Dawson.......Kaboul........BAE

...............Sandro.....Huddlestone

Lennon................VDV.................Bale

.........................Defoe

If Parker was fully fit and raring to go from the start of the season he'd be in just ahead of Sandro I think, but he isn't! So it'll be Sandro's place to lose from the off!

------------------------------------------Friedel------------------------------------------------
Walker----------------------Gallas----------------------Kaboul----------------------------Ekotto
----------------------------------------Sandro-------------------------------------------------
---------------------------Hudd------------------------VdV------------------------------------
Lennon---------------------------------Sigurdsson---------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------Bale------------------------

..................Friedel
Walker - Daws - Kaboul - Bae
........Sandro - Huddlestone
Lennon - Sigurdsson - Bale
..........Van Der Vaart

------------------------------------------Friedel------------------------------------------------
Walker----------------------Gallas----------------------Kaboul----------------------------Ekotto
----------------------------------------Sandro-------------------------------------------------
---------------------------Hudd------------------------VdV------------------------------------
Lennon---------------------------------Sigurdsson---------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------Bale------------------------

making full use of the width of the pitch i see;)

---------------Gomes-----------------

---------Kaboul----Gallas------

--Walker--------------------BAE

--------------Sandro------------

----------Gylfi--------Hudd-------

Dos Santos-------------------Bale

--------------Clive Allen-----------

Bale -------- Defoe -------- Lennon
------- Carroll ---- Sigg
------------- Sandro
Benny ---------------------- Walker
--------- Verts --- Kaboul
------------- Friedel

Carroll's never gonna start, but thats how I'd line em up. We're desperate for Ade. I'd almost rather play Bale upfront than Defoe

.....................Friedel
.........Kaboul...Gallas...Vert
......................Hudd
Walker...Sandro...Modric...Bale
.............VdV...Sigurdsson

Don't even wanna think about the possibility of not signing anyone else. We need two strikers and a replacement for Modric if he's sold.

We could actually go into the season with Harry Kane and Defoe as our only out and out strikers :eek:

We're mid table with Defoe as a lone striker, definitely keep Bale up front if we sign no one.

Friedel
Walker, Dawson (Vert), Kaboul, Assou-Ekotto
Sandro, Modric (Hudd)
VDV, Sigurdsson, Lennon
Bale

So if everyone is fit, Modric is sold, and we don't sign any more players (i still think we're gonna sign a striker btw) what would your starting X1 be? (formation and personnel)?

Mine would be:

-----------------------------------Friedel----------------------------------

Walker-------------------Gallas------------Kaboul/vert-------------Ekotto

----------------------------Sandro-----------Parker------------------------

-------VDV-----------------------Sigurddson---------------------Lennon---

-------------------------------------Bale-------------------------------------

thats my team , except i'd have thudd in for either parker or sandro.......leaning more towards dropping sandro cause wit sandro and hudd it could be some serious immobility issues.

Dont think I want to think about that scenario, but think I may have to very soon.

I'll be very very disappointed if we havent added to our squad before the 18th

As we stand right now

Gk Friedel
Rb walker
Lb BAE
Cb vert
Cb Kaboul
Rw Lennon
LW bale
Cm Parker
Cm Sandro
Am VDV
St defoe

--------------Friedel---------------
Walker--Verts-Kaboul--BAE----
----Sandro--------Huddlestone
----------Siggurdson----------
-Bale-----VDV-----------Lennon

I love Lennon, but I'd worry that he wouldn't carry enough of a goal threat to play without a real striker. That said, I still think he gets the nod over Giovani for me. I think GDS is the first sub off the bench and can play in any of the attacking four roles.

Am beginning to get really worried. We really need to sort out the Modric and Ade scenario ASAP. We surely can't go in to the season with just Defoe and Kane as recognised strikers. Please sort it quickly and let us all breathe easier!

Am beginning to get really worried. We really need to sort out the Modric and Ade scenario ASAP. We surely can't go in to the season with just Defoe and Kane as recognised strikers. Please sort it quickly and let us all breathe easier!

Another day passes. No striker. Unhappy sulker still in the squad. I'm worried too.

Friedel
Walker
Dawson
Vertonghen
Ekotto
Lennon
Parker
Sandro
Bale
VDV
Defoe

4-4-2. Assuming Modric is off of course. Lock up central midfield, really stretch the width with Bale and Lennon and allow VDV to pull the strings. Won't be as good as ball retention as last season, but still very attacking and balanced.

Friedel
Walker
Dawson
Vertonghen
Ekotto
Lennon
Parker
Sandro
Bale
VDV
Defoe

4-4-2. Assuming Modric is off of course. Lock up central midfield, really stretch the width with Bale and Lennon and allow VDV to pull the strings. Won't be as good as ball retention as last season, but still very attacking and balanced.

i dont think that would be any good

Back