• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Stand Up Comedians

I want to kill you with a toothpick and a bag of cotton. Patton Oswalt is the most unfunny asshat ever to field a stage. I loath him so much. I rarely want to abuse other living things, but this crapsack makes me want to jump on his head, wearing high heels.

Listen to this brick!

[video=youtube;xs4v-zexx8M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xs4v-zexx8M&sns=em[/video]

Nah, give me Mitch Hedberg any day of the week!

:(

It's not that you're just a die hard Night Ranger fan? ;)

I do agree that Mitch Hedberg is funny though.

Stewart Lee

[video=youtube;tGiZcH1OTOU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGiZcH1OTOU[/video]

Off his new DVD

I'm sorry, you'll have to tell me where the appropriate points are in that clip to be laughing.
I smiled at the Nuremburg/Argentina line and the 7:30 bit was funny.
But the rest...should we laugh every time he puts on a smug, self-satisfied, knowing smirk?

Dylan Moran is a great shout

Check out Steve Hughes (long haired Aussie guy)
Dont think he'll be releasing a dvd any time soon - but tours extensively.

It will be one of the best £15's you'll ever spend

I've seen Steve Hughes, he's brilliant.

Andrew Lawrence is another who I think is fantastic, very clever comedy, also did the greatest put down to a heckler I've ever heard.

Current favourite of the newer guys is Milton Jones, have him saved on my Ents24 Tour Alerts, really want to see him live, his one-liners are class

Newer guys? he's been around for aaages.

My advice to you people is to go out and support live comedy. I've seen acts like Milton Jones live several times for far less than the price of a DVD.

Find out which pubs/bars nearby have comedy nights, pay your fiver. It's a completely different experience to watching a DVD or watching a big name comedian at the O2.

Some of the comedians you see will be SH1T. However when they have 5-10 minutes each it won't be that painful and the next one might be better,

Go and see Edward Aczel, George Ryegold or David Trent if you ever get the opportunity.

I'm sorry, you'll have to tell me where the appropriate points are in that clip to be laughing.
But the rest...should we laugh every time he puts on a smug, self-satisfied, knowing smirk?

Stewert Lee is one of those things, if you have to ask you'll probably never know.

It's true that if I put on a stewert lee dvd with certain mates it'd be silence apart from me who'd be having a great time. It'd probably be the opposite if some brick like live at the apollo with michael mcintyre/jack whitehall/generally any of the comedians that do that kind of thing I'd probably be in silence not knowing when to laugh.

Which was?

There was a bird in the club who just wouldn't shut up, yank girl, at one point she actually got up on the stage after he gave her a little telling off, then as she stepped off after asking him to apologise he said "oh I am sorry, but if you step up on this stage again I will literally fudge you with a screwdriver"

It doesn't sound all that funny but his delivery was immense and the place absolutely erupted with laughter and she left feeling pretty embarrassed :D

Just one of those things. Whereas some might see smugness I see a genuine talent, at odds with the style of other comics. His bit about observational comedy for instance is a keen take on Michael McIntyre, who for me, is awful. Can't bear him, his running around and wagging his head fills over his lack of substance. He did a bit about people waiting for a train and moving to stand in front of the door, hardly keen insight is it? I can see why people do enjoy him, just not for me.

George Carlin is brilliant if you like Bill Hicks

My favourites:

Chris Rock
Sean Lock
Ricky Gervais
Jerry Seinfeld
Russell Howard

Can't stand Frankie Boyle

Lee Evans is funny, but a bit overhyped IMO.

Just one of those things. Whereas some might see smugness I see a genuine talent, at odds with the style of other comics. His bit about observational comedy for instance is a keen take on Michael McIntyre, who for me, is awful. Can't bear him, his running around and wagging his head fills over his lack of substance. He did a bit about people waiting for a train and moving to stand in front of the door, hardly keen insight is it? I can see why people do enjoy him, just not for me.

George Carlin is brilliant if you like Bill Hicks

love them both, i'm not sure it's right to call them comedians though, doesn't do them justice, they were on another plain of intellect

Seeing Russell Brand this week. Got tix for the wife for her birthday. Looking forward to it.

Back