• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Stand Up Comedians

The roast master general...Jeff Ross!

[video=youtube;BrrpcZ4dYN4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrrpcZ4dYN4[/video]

She is not everyone's cup of tea, but took the missus to see Sarah Millican at Llandudno a few weeks ago, and to be fair she was very good, granted its mostly female-based comedy, but still plenty of laughs for the blokes.

The wife also likes Miranda Hart so I treated her to tickets to see her in Sheffield next month. I think her TV show is quite funny, but I am not sure how good she will be as a stand-up show

Omid Djalili is touring which I got tickets for.

Comedy Gala in May I think... Didnt go to the one last year - anyone been? I unfortunately only got tickets today and all that was left was the back row high up - bet ill end up watching the ****ing screen instead - may as well have watched it on TV

Omid Djalili is touring which I got tickets for.

Comedy Gala in May I think... Didnt go to the one last year - anyone been? I unfortunately only got tickets today and all that was left was the back row high up - bet ill end up watching the ****ing screen instead - may as well have watched it on TV

I saw Omid do a gig at my local town hall around the time that he starred in The Mummy / Gladiator and his comedy was very edgy (I remember a couple of shocked individuals storming out as he ripped into the crowd :lol:) but the last couple of times I've been to one of gigs the material was more mainstream which was a bit of a disappointment. I see that his new tour is called "Iranalamadingdong" tho...

never seen Jeff Ross before but i very much enjoyed that clip above

The best one is Pamela Anderson, mainly because he threw the shackles off (due to Courtney Love being...well Courtney Love, the whole evening) and he really pulls no punches...."can you feel the hush in the room? I ****ing love it!"

[video=youtube;k3_aK6TqIK4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3_aK6TqIK4[/video]

I'm watching a "Live from the Apollo" now, and the first guy is so annoyingly "in character" it's bloody ****ing annoying. What a tool. He's incredibly intense, speaks like he's the presenter of a TV show for kids, Irish, I think. What a ****er, can't stand the guy, had to turn off. Rhod Gilbert! What a ****ing ****er, shut up already. Ah, finally, he's off. Lady from 'Derek' on now, she's cool.

I'm watching a "Live from the Apollo" now, and the first guy is so annoyingly "in character" it's bloody ****ing annoying. What a tool. He's incredibly intense, speaks like he's the presenter of a TV show for kids, Irish, I think. What a ****er, can't stand the guy, had to turn off. Rhod Gilbert! What a ****ing ****er, shut up already. Ah, finally, he's off. Lady from 'Derek' on now, she's cool.

Don't know the guys name, but does he look like Peter Schmeichel has been in a car crash and got a lazy eye?

If so, you are right. Irritating.

The whole 'Live from the Apollo' show annoys me, getting a tight 6 minute slot for the TV isn't really indicative of a good show for a comedian. Daniel Kitson (one of the best comedians around who would never be seen on there) is brilliant at long rambles with a call back after 30 minutes. Not to everyone's tastes, but for me much better than what has been left behind in the wake of McIntyre and Kay

She is not everyone's cup of tea, but took the missus to see Sarah Millican at Llandudno a few weeks ago, and to be fair she was very good, granted its mostly female-based comedy, but still plenty of laughs for the blokes.

The wife also likes Miranda Hart so I treated her to tickets to see her in Sheffield next month. I think her TV show is quite funny, but I am not sure how good she will be as a stand-up show

Took my daughter to see her last week in Cardiff.........she was quite good,on stage in two 50 minute segments...if you like her tv show then you be ok......same sort of style,looks at the camera various times of the show when she says a 'rude word!!'........she says a few stories about general day to day things,so quite amusing........her merchandise stall was quite big,tee shirts,onesies and everything,programmes £10........so milking it a bit.

Onto my kind of comedy ,saw Alexi Sayle year and half ago,first tour for twenty years i think,never laughed so much in my life hit the tickle my balls with a feather on so many things......the tories,big coperate companies,the banks......he may go back on the road again but on his website he may do a residency somewhere.

Don't know the guys name, but does he look like Peter Schmeichel has been in a car crash and got a lazy eye?

If so, you are right. Irritating.

The whole 'Live from the Apollo' show annoys me, getting a tight 6 minute slot for the TV isn't really indicative of a good show for a comedian. Daniel Kitson (one of the best comedians around who would never be seen on there) is brilliant at long rambles with a call back after 30 minutes. Not to everyone's tastes, but for me much better than what has been left behind in the wake of McIntyre and Kay

You're thinking of Michael Schumacher!

I have done two stand up comedy shows, 5 minute sets and it was exhilarating.

I really recommend taking a punt on your local comedy night. Can get in for a fiver, drinks are reasonably priced and there'll be a mix of dross (me), average comedians but you quite often find a gem.

Don't know if he's already been mentioned, but I'm a big fan of Russell Peters. Slight bias due to my Indian heritage but having been brought up amongst so many cultures, especially South and East Asians/Oriental people, some of his observational stuff is absolutely spot on!

[video=youtube;k2W8aGgmn1A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2W8aGgmn1A[/video]

Took my daughter to see her last week in Cardiff.........she was quite good,on stage in two 50 minute segments...if you like her tv show then you be ok......same sort of style,looks at the camera various times of the show when she says a 'rude word!!'........she says a few stories about general day to day things,so quite amusing........her merchandise stall was quite big,tee shirts,onesies and everything,programmes £10........so milking it a bit.

Onto my kind of comedy ,saw Alexi Sayle year and half ago,first tour for twenty years i think,never laughed so much in my life hit the tickle my balls with a feather on so many things......the tories,big coperate companies,the banks......he may go back on the road again but on his website he may do a residency somewhere.

Back in the hotel now after watching Miranda Hart, you were spot on mate. Thought it was always going to be a strtuggle for her to transfer the TV show to a live show, still funny though, as you say, more day to day humour that all the women, and the few blokes there, could relate to.
Off down the M1 tomorrow for the match. Just want 3pts now to complete a good mini-break from work

I'm watching a "Live from the Apollo" now, and the first guy is so annoyingly "in character" it's bloody ****ing annoying. What a tool. He's incredibly intense, speaks like he's the presenter of a TV show for kids, Irish, I think. What a ****er, can't stand the guy, had to turn off. Rhod Gilbert! What a ****ing ****er, shut up already. Ah, finally, he's off. Lady from 'Derek' on now, she's cool.[/QUOTE]

Cheers for the heads-up, I never knew she did stand-up, gonna have to do a bit of searching on YouTube, I like her in Derek, looking forward to the 2nd series

Back