• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Spurs: Your worst moments......

Hard to beat the lasagne situation. You can even add in Henry fouling Stalteri on the sideline before they equalised against us at Highbury. Or Gerrard's brick backpass straight to Henry again when Liverpool played them, drawing 1-1 with seven minutes to play. Or Gallas' 94th minute screamer to beat us at Stamford Bridge. Urgh.

The season after wasn't much better. Didn't we keep on conceding 30+ yard strikes from almost every team? I think it started on the first day of the season away at Bolton when reknowned goalscorer Ivan Campo fizzed one in from 35 yards and then it just went on and on.

Ironically, That was actually Adebayor lol! Took his ankles away and then flicked it inside to Henry......blatant foul.

I remember being 3-0 down at Emirates Marketing Project and the sudden realisation that we were about to be relegated!

Us being 3rd in the league is no way us having an unlucky season.

Lasagna gate all the way.

Us being 3rd in the league is no way us having an unlucky season.

Lasagna gate all the way.

In terms of bad decisions it has be. And our manager looking like he might do some porridge.

Lasagna gate is probably the unluckiest single moment in our entire history though

As soon as I started reading that I was going to say Campo, that was an absolute thunderbolt of a goal into the left corner. The difference, I think, is that you can make your own luck. Leaking goals in the dying moments and letting in 30yd screamers is down to the team. But this season we seem to be getting an unprecedented number of bad decisions against us that are completely out of the teams control. And it always seems to be in games that we are struggling in.

Mind you, we seem to be struggling all the time at the moment. I'm still waiting for that 3-0+ scoreline!

To be honest, Robinson should have saved that Campo goal. He also should have saved West Ham's first goal in the last game of the season. Could argue he cost us points at Old Trafford and at home to the scum as well.

I agree the lasagna incident was horrendous luck.

We've been fudged over in two high profile games on Sky this season, still waiting for a ref to have a nightmare and WE benefit from it. You don't often see teams in the top 4 getting done over on such a scale twice in the same season, it usually happens to teams down at the bottom.

* Started the season at the centre of the August riots. Puts us back a game, oh and in the middle of a devastated community.
* Emirates Marketing Project-Man U "randomly" drawn as opening fixtures, followed by Arsenal, Liverpool in 2 of the next 4 games.
* Chelsea get away with unsettling our star player.
* Harry goes in for heart surgery.
(A few other things that are maybe a bit self-inflicted but still there nevertheless:)
* Olympic Stadium fiasco
* Northumberland Park saga dragging on
* Harry's court case

Regarding injuries on the face of it maybe we have been lucky not to lose one of the core key players of Modric, Bale, Parker, Friedel, Adebayor for an extended period. But Kaboul, Huddlestone, King, Dawson, Gallas, Sandro, Lennon all with significant injuries at some point or the other, along with minor knocks for Modric, VDV, Defoe, Adebayor, Bale, Parker keeping them out of the side for the odd game. Putting injuries in perspective, only Friedel, BAE and maybe Walker of our first choice XI have been available for every game.

Looking at the dropped points (after the first two games when we were a mile off getting anything)
- abysmal refereeing at Stoke, Adebayor onside goal and neither of theirs should stand, should have been +3 points
- Chelsea 1-1 Adebayor onside goal again disallowed + 2 points
- Wolves 1-1 Adebayor onside go...[anyone seriously still doubting this isn't unlucky?!?!?!]..al again disallowed + 2 points
- poor reffing again at City, from the point of the errors (Lescott, Balotelli stamp) again should have been +3

That leaves Swansea and Saudi Sportswashing Machine away, two matches we were a combined total of ten minutes away from WINNING but drew. Have to say in both cases it was sloppy rather than unlucky. That would be it.

Whatever the case, we'll see nothing back from any of that lot. All points lost. Just have to keep moving forward and hope that things start to balance out a bit more as the season goes on.

COYS

The Blackburn worthless cup final
The loss against bricky - but more a WHAT IF type game. Running it in my mind again and again AND again
Real Madrid 4-0 was harsh

Man, there's quite a few of those, some from the top of my head;

- 1-7 at Saudi Sportswashing Machine
- 0-6 at 1st Division Fulham (searching for it now, but can't find it, hmmm, was it that other big defeat vs Saudi Sportswashing Machine?)
- 1-6 at home to Chelsea
- 0-3 at Ipswich, I actually think this is the poorest game I've ever seen us play
- losing to Arse*al in the FA-Cup, 2001
- losing to PSV in the UEFA cup a few years back
- 3-5 United, and 3-4 City
- Lasagnagate and Arse*al nicking the CL-spot

I have to say though, that Defoe miss and cheating fudge Ballotelli penalty 5 minutes into overtime is pretty high up there as well.

Last edited:
bricky in the 4-3 FA cup game hurt more for me. Not much to look forward to or optimism as fans at the time. I'd love to know what David Pleat said to the players at HT.
Lasagnagate was tough to accept as we had 4th to lose, which we did, but reaching Europe was our goal that season which we acheived

there's so many it's hard to pick. here's some lowlights:

3-0 against United. 5-3 full time.
3-0 against city. 4-3 full time.
losing 3-0 at home to fulham, barry hayles netting 2.
losing 4-0 at home to blackburn.
losing 2-1 to west ham final day of the season.

#nobodybreaksyourheartliketottenham

Was that the 5-0 game in 1977?
It certainly was...I remember that game like it was played yesterday... if it weren't for Pat it would have been double figures...and the abiding memory that just as I was about to leave, I've looked over my shoulder and Peter Barnes nutmegs Pat to score the fifth...It was the last thing I remember of seeing Jennings in a Spurs shirt as I didn't go to the last game of the season the following week. :-(

Obviously the West Ham game, losing to Bolton after Bill Nicholson died and losing to Arsenal in the semi final in the Fa cup.
5-3 against Utd should have been there but its more a cringe worthy moment.

Absolute laughing stock forever and ever

Knee jerk thread?

Never. We bottled it. Were woeful and had a couple of lucky breaks.

I'd say that win for them equalled our 3-2 win our 4-4 draw and everything that we have ever given them.

That was our chance to make a claim for our dominance and we fcuked it.

Completely outclassed and outplayed and we will forever be in their shadow.

I guarantee they will end up above us now.

We lose to united they win against Cnut fc or whoever they play.

Back