• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Spurs: Your worst moments......

March 11th 2006 - Chelsea 2 Tottenham Hotspur 1

Gallas scored an injury time rocket to give us an undeserved defeat as we had battled all game for a point. I wasn't expecting anything from the game and so to have a point ripped from our grasp at the death hurt so much more.

Sevilla in the UEFA Cup Quarter Final

From the ridiculous penalty given when leading 1-0 in the first leg, to the crowd trouble, to the tie being over five minutes into the second leg.

February 2nd 2008 - Tottenham Hotspur 1 Manchester United 1

Last minute goal from Tevez/Dawson og, still not sure because I never want to see it again. One of the best performances under Ramos and we still couldn't break the hoodoo. And I still haven't forgiven Steed for not running the ball into the corner in the last minute of injury time.

March 11th 2006 - Chelsea 2 Tottenham Hotspur 1

Gallas scored an injury time rocket to give us an undeserved defeat as we had battled all game for a point. I wasn't expecting anything from the game and so to have a point ripped from our grasp at the death hurt so much more.

Sevilla in the UEFA Cup Quarter Final

From the ridiculous penalty given when leading 1-0 in the first leg, to the crowd trouble, to the tie being over five minutes into the second leg.

February 2nd 2008 - Tottenham Hotspur 1 Manchester United 1

Last minute goal from Tevez/Dawson og, still not sure because I never want to see it again. One of the best performances under Ramos and we still couldn't break the hoodoo. And I still haven't forgiven Steed for not running the ball into the corner in the last minute of injury time.

I couldnt believe that United 1-1 game. My stream died with what I thought was 20 secs left. Their goalie had the ball in his hands as it died. Safe in the knowledge we must have won, I turned on Sky Sports to see the scenes at WHL as the players left the field the pitch with the scoreline 1-1. I couldnt believe what I had seen, had to wait unitl MOTD that night to suffer watching the Tevez goal

Spurs 1 Burnley 4. FA Cup in 82 or 83.

I was there with my Burnley supporting flatmates.

Moved out shortly afterwards as sensible conversation became impossible.

Seeing Burnley reminds me how close we were to what possibly could have been the worst night of the lot. I think had we lost 3-0 in that 2nd leg at Turf Moor a few seasons ago, that evening would have been high of peoples list.
We got out of jail that night.

Was that Alnwicks last app for Spurs by the way??

Whaaaat? 82 we won it again, in 83 we were knocked out in the 5th round at everton (we took nearly 14,000 up there, steward told me at the time he'd never seen more away supporters, incl the bin dippers)...

Whaaaat? 82 we won it again, in 83 we were knocked out in the 5th round at everton (we took nearly 14,000 up there, steward told me at the time he'd never seen more away supporters, incl the bin dippers)...

1982 what a season, so so near, so many games, we just ran out of steam in the end

It was a League Cup quarter final. I am still in pain.

Was in the City section on Sunday, celebrated Defoe's goal and got serious abuse from a couple of City fans. Told me to sit on my fudging seat. Fair enough. When Bale rolled the ball across I thought the title was ours. Balotelli's winner was gut wrenching but I then had both the aforementioned in my face giving it plenty. Defoe's miss cost us the game but probably saved me a trip to A + E.

Port Vale away, FA cup think it was season after we lost to Coventry in the final. What a sorry excuse for a town that place is.

5-2 at Old Trafford - Another bad decision by Webb cost us the game after we were 2-0 up at half time. Watched it with United fans as well which made it even worse.

THIS. April 2009: Man Utd 5 Spurs 2

Mainly because I was in with the prawn sandwich lot and after Modric scored I went absolutely mental at them all giving it large (including all through half time) only for 'the referee that shall remain nameless' to gift them a pen and it all went downhill from there. I did stay until the end though even though I was getting pelters.

spurs v Saudi Sportswashing Machine at old trafford 99. genuinely never felt more confident, extra time alan shearer. I think I smashed something. we were on for the double ffs.

also, spurs 1-6 chelsea, mid 90s sometime. horrible, horrible

Burnley 4 - 2 Spurs was a surprisingly depressing one for me. Having beaten City midweek for the CL spot we went 2 goals up in the final game of the season and then completely forgot to give a brick whatsoever after half time and tinkled away four.

Burnley 4 - 2 Spurs was a surprisingly depressing one for me. Having beaten City midweek for the CL spot we went 2 goals up in the final game of the season and then completely forgot to give a brick whatsoever after half time and tinkled away four.

haha that is a strange one. Quality goal from Modric that game I think...

I reckon the players were still buzzing and as soon as they found themselves in front just kind of unclenched and it didn't go too well from there. Was there ever any hope for that game with Alnwick on?

Youre kidding me! The team were already on holiday for that match, in fact I had written it off. One that no-one has mentioned yet was the 81 league Cup Final. Archibald put us in front very early on, then Liverpool equalised in the last minutes of added time. They went on to win it in extra time with two goals I think.

Gary.

Youre kidding me! The team were already on holiday for that match, in fact I had written it off. One that no-one has mentioned yet was the 81 league Cup Final. Archibald put us in front very early on, then Liverpool equalised in the last minutes of added time. They went on to win it in extra time with two goals I think.

Gary.

Our first ever defeat at Wembley as well....

Gary.

Yep, I was always bragging about that to my mates that we had never lost a cup final and never lost at Wembley.

Gary.

Back