• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Spurs: Your worst moments......

NewmarketYid

Fraizer Campbell
Yesterdays result hit me pretty hard and one of the worst feelings I've had after a match.

It got me thinking what were your worst moments supporting Spurs? Came up with these - any more????

Saturday 29th September 2001 - Spurs 3 - 5 Man U

3 up at half time, Dean Richards Debut Goal, all going wonderfully..... and then half time came!

Wednesday 4th February 2004 - Spurs 3 - 4 Emirates Marketing Project

3 up at half time (sounds familiar)! Emirates Marketing Project down to 10 men..... we all know what happend next!

SUnday 7th May 2006 - West Ham 2 - 1 Spurs

Champions League football beckoned at the expense of Arsenal..... then comes Lasagne Gate!

Any more games that have left you sick beyond belief???

Tottenham 2-2 Arsenal

Sure we came from 0-2 down at home to Arsenal, but it felt like a loss, they had just won the league (still unbeaten) on our own turf and boy did they celebrate. fudging horrible moment.

Being at Upton Park on the day of Lasagne-Gate

Worst footballing day of my life, was simply awful...

Losing 4-1 v Everton in the Amokachi semi final.

Getting routinely thrashed by Saudi Sportswashing Machine & that 6-1 Bolton loss.

December '97

Coventry 4 - 0 Spurs

I had the great mispleasure of being in with the Cov fans (as my mate had a season ticket), my Sister bought me a ticket for my birthday, thanks Sis!

Back then we were a train wreck.

Tottenham 0 Portsmouth 2

FA Cup Semi-Final

11 April 2010

I was there for that as well, but i was so drunk i did not care that much.

Im not trying to be funny now but my worst moment was having to do a poo against bolton a couple of seasons ago, absolutely horrible thing to have to do, the toilets at the lane are a disgrace.

December '97

Coventry 4 - 0 Spurs

I had the great mispleasure of being in with the Cov fans (as my mate had a season ticket), my Sister bought me a ticket for my birthday, thanks Sis!

Back then we were a train wreck.

Go on give the team line up so we can marvel at how far we have come.

The scum winning the league on our turf.
Losing 4-3 to Emirates Marketing Project after being 3-0 up.
Getting pumped 4-1 by Everton in the fa cup semi final in 1995.
Yesterday ranks high up there in regards to recent disappointments. I was gutted for the rest of the day. Even Arsenal losing didn't cheer me up.

The heartbreak after the lasagna game was like nothing else I've felt watching Spurs. Yesterday came pretty close, but at least there's still lots of football to be played.

Blackburn in the League Cup Final was hard to take too - I was only 14 and it was the beginning of my obsession.

Worst ones for me that haven't already been mentioned:

Worthington Cup final in 2002 - If only that penalty on Sheringham had been given in the last minute. Could have all been so different for Hoddle at Spurs if he'd won a trophy in his first season.

Real Madrid away last season - I didn't expect us to win but to get spanked so hard and to have the dream killed off before we even got back to White Hart Lane was hard to take

Arsenal in the Carling Cup semis in 2007 - I was in town going for a night out after the game. After "the kids beat the yids" I was so angry I literally left my mates, stormed off home and went to bed.

Charlton at home in the 00/01 season - A fourth successive 0-0 draw. George Graham had well and truly brought his "boring boring Arsenal" style to White Hart Lane, except instead of challenging for the title we were in the bottom half.

Charlton at home in the 03/04 season - Yet another defeat against brick opposition, at home, meant we ended 2003 in the bottom 3.

Man Utd away in 2005 - Pedro Mendes. Need I say more.

Lasagnagate - lost to both Arsenal and West Ham that day. Crushing.
Spurs 3 Emirates Marketing Project 4 - before the CL decider above, at the time the most deflated I have ever felt as a Spurs fan.
Coventry 3 Spurs 2 (FAC 1987) - the end of the first season I really followed Spurs properly. Superb exciting Spurs side beaten by the greyest dullards around.
Everton 4 Spurs 1 - thought we were destined to win the cup that year. If we had one, Klinsmann would have stayed and the next 10 years would have been VERY different
Spurs 1 Arsenal 2 (FAC 2001) - ditto but more cos the year ended in 1

Wasn't too fussed about 2-2 with Arsenal, at the time we were in free-fall and in danger of going down. I couldnt see where we would get the points from, certainly didnt expect anything off the "invicibles". So to come back from 2-0 down, last minute penalty, brilliant. A shame they won the league on our ground but thats that I suppose. (What is inexcusable is the fact that there was a picture of the gooner team celebrating that title in the Spurs-Everton match programme last week!!!)

Funnily enough, I wasn't too gutted yesterday on the whistle, I actually felt thoroughly entertained and proud that we'd played our part in such a fabulous match. It was only after when you saw the Defoe miss for the umpteenth time, then the Balotelli kicking when I thought "what if" and feel pretty gutted about it now.

Losing 3-4 to Emirates Marketing Project was a tough one for me. 3 nil up after 45, Barton sent off at half time. Defoe just signed and watching from the crowd. Could, and should, have been a momentous night. Instead, that all too familiar emotion of deflation accompanied me to bed that night

It could be because it is still raw but yesterday is in my top 3 bricklist. I was a believer but that defeat has ended any title hopes we had. And the manner of defeat is a bitter pill to swallow.
I'll be disgusted if that shower of tossers wins the league.

Three of our last five at OT have left me feeling sick for weeks. The Mendes one, the 2-0 at half time and being robbed by a penalty that I still cannot fathom how Webb gave, and Nani's bizarre goal which was just as bad from Clattenburg.

Tottenham 2 - Coventry City 3 - 1987 FA Cup Final
Tottenham 0 - ArseAnal 5 - First Division
Tottenham 3 - Everton 3 - First Division (3-1 with less than 10 minutes to go)

Back