• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Spurs v Woolwich Official OMT.

Sorry I posted this in another thread, but it's only my second time in London and I'm desperate..

If anybody's on could you please help me purchase tickets real fast? I think all I need is somebody here with a OneHotspur membership. I will do anything.

please please direct message me if you're on. Trying to buy tickets tonight

Thanks much guys!

I'll even throw in a tenner if anyones down there to help me pick them up. I'm free to meet up anytime. annybody ??

Saw that earlier and winced...

players never learn.....run your mouth off when you have done something to run your mouth off about...

even then it aint classy...

still after Walcotts actions cant say Id mind any of our players sticking it to their fans.....but our players dont get the NLD....do they??

Just when I thought our lads had learned to STFU before a NLD, step forward Adebayor in the great tradition of Keane, Harry, Bale etc

Sigh...

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/9214573/tottenhams-emmanuel-adebayor-says-pressure-gets-to-arsenal-ahead-of-north-london-derby

Tottenham's Emmanuel Adebayor says pressure gets to Arsenal ahead of North London derby

"Emmanuel Adebayor does not believe Arsenal can handle pressure and has called on his Tottenham Hotspur team-mates to take the fight to the Gunners in Sunday's North London derby.

The capital rivals lock horns at White Hart Lane this weekend in a vital clash for both sides, as Spurs look to keep their top-four hopes alive and Arsenal strive to stay in touch with Premier League leaders Chelsea.

Adebayor played for Arsenal for three years and admires the way Arsene Wenger's team play, but believes there are weaknesses that can be exploited due to a lack of tenacious midfielders.

He told the Daily Mirror: "Arsenal are a good team when they have the ball. When they don't, they are not that good. When you put them under pressure, they can't handle it.

"They don't have a lot of physical presence. Apart from Flamini, I don't see anyone who puts themselves into a proper battle.

"Rosicky is not that type of player, Cazorla is not the type of player who defends. Arteta is trying to do it, but that's not his job.

"They don't have anybody who can say, 'if I have to kick, I will kick. If we have to fight, I will put myself at the front of it'. That's how we have to play. Push them and force them to make errors."

The character of some of Tottenham's own players has been called into question by boss Tim Sherwood after a couple of demoralising defeats this week, with a 4-0 drubbing at Chelsea followed by a 3-1 loss at home to Benfica in the Europa League.

Adebayor accepts that Spurs have not shown enough hunger in certain games, but says there will be no problem with motivation on Sunday.

He said: "In some games, some players, including me - I have to include myself - we have lacked that personality. We have lacked that desire and things have gone wrong.

"That's why we have to look into the mirror and say, 'OK, I judge myself, I didn't play well today, but in the next game I will be better'.

"On Sunday I don't even think we will need a team meeting.

"There are some games where you have to give a little bit of motivation to the players. But we know how good we are at home when it comes to Arsenal and we won't have to motivate anybody for this game."

Adebayor added: "The is the game that everybody will be talking about in London from this point," said the striker, "Tottenham v Arsenal: The north London derby.

"So I cannot see anybody telling me, 'Manu, you have to run. You have to give 100 per cent'.

"No one will need to tell me that. I know. And people like Aaron Lennon, who has been here for ages, you won't have to tell players like him anything either. He knows how big it is for the club and the fans. To be honest with you, we are all looking forward to it."

Even naming players...Why? Why?????

Unbelievable.

Dont they ever learn.....

I'm just worried we'll just be so focused on making crunching tackles that we'll get somebody sent off within the first 20mins; probably Sandro, Ade or Walker..

We need blood and guts, sure, but calm heads and nous as well. Arsenal will look to exploit what seems (from Ade and TS quotes) to be our sole tactic of turning the game into a battle. We will need more than that...

Also the silence from their camp is deafening (and very worrying: suggesting a level of focus not often seen by them; e.g. where is the Chesney BS?? Even he's focused:eek:)

I'm just worried we'll just be so focused on making crunching tackles that we'll get somebody sent off within the first 20mins; probably Sandro, Ade or Walker..

We need blood and guts, sure, but calm heads and nous as well. Arsenal will look to exploit what seems (from Ade and TS quotes) to be our sole tactic of turning the game into a battle. We will need more than that...

Also the silence from their camp is deafening (and very worrying: suggesting a level of focus not often seen by them; e.g. where is the Chesney BS?? Even he's focused:eek:)

They've been told the STFU I presume.

Need a bit of luck in this one if we are to take anything. My forlorn hope is that the players realise that this is almost it for the season if they loose, whereas it is not as critical yet for Arsenal.

We need both Dembele and Sandro to play if they are fit or even close. For me those two are the key to keeping us in the game long enough for someone like Ade or Eriksen to make some sort of difference.

Well done Ade. Thats done it. I cant ever recollect a match where our players have spouted something to the press beforehand and have then actually 'walked the walk'

I know have actually won 3 of the last 4 home NLD, but dont actually remember too many players 'chirping' beforehand, save the words, and just go out and perform on the day

Well done Ade. Thats done it. I cant ever recollect a match where our players have spouted something to the press beforehand and have then actually 'walked the walk'

I know have actually won 3 of the last 4 home NLD, but dont actually remember too many players 'chirping' beforehand, save the words, and just go out and perform on the day

Tbf, I think Bale said before last March's home NLD that "Spurs are now better than Arsenal" or some other usual spiel like that.

But then Bale is Bale...

The last 3 Spurs managers have all managed to win Home games vs Arsenal...Sherwood must step up to the plate otherwise he will be seen as the manager that brought back our timidity at home vs Arsenal....

Got a feeling the team will be:

---------------------Lloris----------------------

Naughton----Kaboul-----Vertonghen----Rose

Lennon---Sandro---Eriksen---Dembele--Siggy

---------------------Adebayor-------------------

Getting nervous as hell now the game is approaching. Not confident in the slightest but will sing my heart out for the Spurs, that I can promise you.

COYS

Oh FFS Ade that's the last thing we needed.

He talks about them not having any physical players - does he not remember how he tries to run Koscielny and ended up running into his bloody pocket

This is spurs, we play with panache not just grit and determination!

Oh FFS Ade that's the last thing we needed.

He talks about them not having any physical players - does he not remember how he tries to run Koscielny and ended up running into his bloody pocket

This is spurs, we play with panache not just grit and determination!

Wow.

I'm so glad you're here on this forum. Firstly if we win. Secondly you're amusing! Thirdly you add intriguing. Why!? Was posting on an arrse forum just not enough, you needed more of a fix, or do you despise spurs so much you wanted to undermine from the inside :) Either way I hope you stick around and I hope we funcking rub your nose in it tomorrow! COYS funk those dirty gooners :) We need this.

It will be a full blooded game. I worry about second half - after only 3 days rest vs their 5.

Got a feeling the team will be:

---------------------Lloris----------------------

Naughton----Kaboul-----Vertonghen----Rose

Lennon---Sandro---Eriksen---Dembele--Siggy

---------------------Adebayor-------------------

Good GHod no, please, no. Anyone but him.

Well Dawson's definitely out, he's out for six weeks. Walker, Dembele and Ade are doubts. There's nothing about Sandro in the team news. If they all make it then I'd just pack the midfield, our ineffective wingers can come on later on:

Lloris
Walker Kaboul Vertonghen Rose
Invisiblinho Sandro Bentaleb
Dembele Adebayor Eriksen

I like it. Though there has to be role for Soldado. He will be fresh, so I'd start him and either bring Ade on from the bench, or play both of them.

Back