• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Spurs V Chelsea Semi-Final 6PM Sunday 15th April

Would United have been happy letting them use OT? The Mickey Mousers would probably wreck the place.

That said, the very first match I ever attended was the '71 Cup Semi at OT, between Liverpool and Everton. I was 9 and can still remember it vividly.

Wembley / FA needs the money

This.

Rightly or wrongly Wembley still needs to be paid for and won't turn a profit until 2015.

If one of the semis was moved from Wembley then there will be less money going into grass roots, community projects etc.

This.

Rightly or wrongly Wembley still needs to be paid for and won't turn a profit until 2015.

If one of the semis was moved from Wembley then there will be less money going into grass roots, community projects etc.

Damn your reasoned arguments!!

It's not the FA Cup Semi-Final unless it's being played at Villa Park or Hillsborough, we all know that... ho hum, Wembley will JUST HAVE TO DO I guess!

(but in this one year, the way the SF draw has turned out, The Emirates & OT would be much better from a Policing/travel point of view... though I imagine the FA would still probably have all the Spurs & Chelsea fans going to OT, and all the Scousers heading to North London!!!!)

I'm not sure Arsenal would have been too happy with 60k Spurs and Chelsea fans descending on their stadium!

It's not the FA Cup Semi-Final unless it's being played at Villa Park or Hillsborough, we all know that... ho hum, Wembley will JUST HAVE TO DO I guess!

So, you'd be happy with an allocation of just 13'000 tickets at Villa Park instead of 31'000 at Wembley. Never mind the additional travel to the Midlands.

As for the Ashburton Grove. As it has already been mentioned. The residing club there won't particularly happy about the prospect of 20'000 yids celebrating a victory. And with Stamford Bridge and White Hart Lane being far too small for a semi-final these days there isn't even the chance for them to play an All-London semi-final at a club ground in London themselves.

im pretty sure Arsenal wouldn't give a fudge if it meant they got an extra 3 or 4 million quid by letting us play there in a semi

Wouldn't know tbh as I'm a st holder not sure what you get per home game etc but from what the few lads who I go with who are members their general opinion on tuesday night was that it'll be around the 200 mark fingers crossed for ya who know could be way lower or way higher

Thoughts on loyalty point cut off?? I put in my application and have 200, I'll be surprised if I get one.

Could be borderline I would say. Cant remember what Pompey was, but CC Final v United with a similar allocation was 151 I think. Bear in mind everybody will have accrued more LP's in the time since then, I would say 200 is around the mark, at a guess.
We'll all know by Thursday night I would assume

What a strange time for a FA Cup semi final. I think people outside Europe, especially Asia, will find it hard to watch it as it comes in the early morning of Monday. I think most of our match schedules this season has not been good for us, mostly coming at unsuitable times, either too early or too late in the day.

Last edited:
Personally, I think the KO time is great. Be out of the door by 11AM and in the Pub by Midday. 8 Hours of non-stop drinking!
Im going to be a huge mess.
Going down Wembley without a ticket in the hope i'd be able to grab one for around ?ú100-?ú150.

EDIT: Does anyone know what pubs we have got this year?

Back