• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Spurs V Chelsea Semi-Final 6PM Sunday 15th April

That is bizarre time for kick-off. But imagine what a good day out it could be if it's a hot, sunny day and Spurs win!

Cant believe there are spurs fans unhappy with this decision?? This can only benefit us and is a massive fcuk you to chelscum. Perhaps this explains why our players are so mentally weak? if our fans get upset that poor chelsea havent got their wish? Jeez.

I think its totally wrong the ko's of both games, yes it will help us for sure but its wrong...

No doubt its been made 6 o clock just so ITV can get decent ratings after the Sky Sports 4pm kick off no doubt

This, TV have fudged the fans again, and it will keep happening as lone as fans give their money to Sky and ESPN. :-#

Wow totally amazed. Not too bothered myself, even though 2.00pm would have suited us personally. Cant see Chelsea being impressed one bit in their bid to to win the CL

Gonna be so much trouble.Loads of people be on the tinkle as soon as the pubs open

Not sure why it fudges everyone so much? It is madness giving people an extra 3 hours on the lash but other than that I don't know everyone is so upset.

Gonna be so much trouble.Loads of people be on the tinkle as soon as the pubs open
Yeah won't be surprised at all. We're Chelsea's biggest rivals, so giving both sets of fans so much time to drink before the game won't help the police at all. Not that I'm complaining...

Why is everyone mad? Ok I get some people are travelling down from far flung places but you could also argue that it gives you time to come down from these far flung places.

chelsea are due to play Liverpool in the league on the cup final weekend....omen?

Why is everyone mad? Ok I get some people are travelling down from far flung places but you could also argue that it gives you time to come down from these far flung places.

Well personally it only takes me 30 minutes to get to the game, however i have mates coming down from Manchester and IF the game goes to extra time and penaltys will not get back too the early hours, not much fun if you have work the next day.

Probably means getting back home around midnight, but we've had much later ones. But as stated earlier the ko doesnt bother me that much, just came as a surprise.
I really thought the FA would make some concession for Chelsea by having an early afternoon ko for this one too, a real poke in the eye for them putting it back a few hours

Saw an article that said it had been moved because ITV can charge more for advertising if the match is played later in the day. Quite funny that Chelsea, who have got where they are thanks to money, have been screwed over because of money.

People are just worried that the late kick off times will give two sets of fans, who can't stand each other, all day to go on the lash, then both sets of fans have to make the journey across London. It's not so bad for adults, but imagine if your going to the game with kids! Spurs v Chelsea in the FA cup semi final rarely happens! It's a special occasion and it wouldn't surprise me if it kicked off outside Wembley and in various other parts of London before and after the game.

The majority of us, obviously dont give a f*ck,

but for a group of responsible people, that must include the fa, police, emergency services, tfl, local council, spurs, chelsea, liverpool, everton and lastly (but sadly most importantly) the tv companies, to sit round a table and discuss all possibilties and eventualities and come up with those two kick off times beggars belief.

If the FA can come out with these kind of decisions then harry may be staying (hello woy)

One thing i would say is i have a feeling the scouse game has been made early and 'awkward' because the bottom line is the authorities don't trust the scousers (especially the red half)

Absolutely terrible decision. Why so late?

London derby on a Sunday night, when the fans will be drinking all day? Crazy.
Chelsea also (probably) have THE hardest game in world football to play 48 hours later. A Chelsea win is beneficial to the general English game - note, not necessarily Spurs - and therefore the FA should have done what it can to help, no matter how small. Friday is probably not on, but why not 12 noon Sunday? Or 3, or 4? TV the answer, well it is ridiculous that it takes priority over, as Chelsea put it, "common sense".

Liverpool automatically being allowed to rule out 15th because of Hillsborough? That's wrong. It is 23 years on now, the event itself is significant but the date itself does not have to have the influence it does. Time to move on, and a semi final against Everton, of all teams, would be perfect. Opportunity missed.

There is some merit in the plans:

Liverpool-Everton to be on Saturday? Now from that point of view, it makes sense. Why make them travel up and down late on a Sunday?

Spurs-Chelsea to play on the Sunday? Equally, this tends to be a calmer day, travel is harder but the fans have generally shorter distances.

All in all, ineptitude from the top. But, clearly we have done really well out of it. Double whammy would be to beat a half strength Chelsea team in the semi, then see them lose at Barca to remove that threat of them stealing the 4th CL spot by winning the CL. Very similar to the Cahill decision at home to Bolton in the league.... totally shambolic decision, but we'll take that any day, every day :)

People are just worried that the late kick off times will give two sets of fans, who can't stand each other, all day to go on the lash, then both sets of fans have to make the journey across London. It's not so bad for adults, but imagine if your going to the game with kids! Spurs v Chelsea in the FA cup semi final rarely happens! It's a special occasion and it wouldn't surprise me if it kicked off outside Wembley and in various other parts of London before and after the game.

Could be 'tasty' at Wembley Park Station after the game

Back