• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Spurs pre-season Perth, Australia

Kane looks like that in every game, regardless of whether its for Spurs or England and regardless of competition or friendly
I'll say the controversial. It might be a good time to sell. He seemingly can't press anymore, he can't play on the last shoulder, hes not looking to pick up bits and pieces in the penalty box. He looks like the perfect striker for the previous 4 years of null creativity, but right now he seems to be getting in the way of the 8 and isn't linking up particularly well with him. Hes not stretching the play by giving our players a through ball passing option.

I'll say the controversial. It might be a good time to sell. He seemingly can't press anymore, he can't play on the last shoulder, hes not looking to pick up bits and pieces in the penalty box. He looks like the perfect striker for the previous 4 years of null creativity, but right now he seems to be getting in the way of the 8 and isn't linking up particularly well with him. Hes not stretching the play by giving our players a through ball passing option.

If Kane is one of our biggest problem as your post suggests, then I wish we had many more of them!!!

If Kane is one of our biggest problem as your post suggests, then I wish we had many more of them!!!
He's not our biggest problem at all. [emoji1787]

Just that maybe selling right now suits all parties? If he signs an extension then obviously that changes everything.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

I don’t think that’s controversial tbh. I think having him and Son up top has been one of the reasons we’ve been so passive in pressing in recent seasons. Jose and Conte are counter attacking managers anyway but even so I think they knew they couldn’t ask Kane and Son to press from the top, it’s just not their game (anymore).

feel I should end this point with saying Kane is one of the best players I’ve ever seen, so not having a pop.

The way ange plays doesn’t suit Kanes game
Both could adapt but I’d say that with all the other factors it just makes sense for Kane to go

Watching the highlights - it was a pure friendly. Spurs were taking shots at will. A bit more shooting practice will do the boys. Porro should not play RB!! The sailors were tired by second half and it showed.

The biggest takeaway from this game is both the first half line up in this game and the called off game.

It shows that in Ange’s mind we have one centre back capable of playing his system in Romero and Ben Davies a left back is deemed as a better fit to play centre back in his system than all the rest of our so called centre backs. Even Tanganga failed the audition against west ham. At least he made the audition though as the rest aren’t even good enough to earn that.

Our current centre back situation is therefore deeply alarming. With no europe I think we can roll with three for two positions and then have Phillips (when he signs) and Dorrington as fourth choice although its important one or both go on loan (albeit with a recall clause) or they can play u21s games for us.

We need to therefore sign Tosin who shouldn’t cost much with a year left. So Phillips and Tosin are easyish to do but wth is going on with signing a top class partner for Romero? Spend the fudging cash and get on with it. Levy trying to shave £4.3m off a deal again probably. Pathetic when you watch the villa’s and Saudi Sportswashing Machine’s in recent years. We are falling behind hopefully a takeover happens soon.

And where is Spence? Especially as concerns remain over whether Porro can play right back. Was Porro awful again in that position today? Even against a sailors 11 ffs!?

The biggest takeaway from this game is both the first half line up in this game and the called off game.

It shows that in Ange’s mind we have one centre back capable of playing his system in Romero and Ben Davies a left back is deemed as a better fit to play centre back in his system than all the rest of our so called centre backs. Even Tanganga failed the audition against west ham. At least he made the audition though as the rest aren’t even good enough to earn that.

Our current centre back situation is therefore deeply alarming. With no europe I think we can roll with three for two positions and then have Phillips (when he signs) and Dorrington as fourth choice although its important one or both go on loan (albeit with a recall clause) or they can play u21s games for us.

We need to therefore sign Tosin who shouldn’t cost much with a year left. So Phillips and Tosin are easyish to do but wth is going on with signing a top class partner for Romero? Spend the fudging cash and get on with it. Levy trying to shave £4.3m off a deal again probably. Pathetic when you watch the villa’s and Saudi Sportswashing Machine’s in recent years. We are falling behind hopefully a takeover happens soon.

And where is Spence? Especially as concerns remain over whether Porro can play right back. Was Porro awful again in that position today? Even against a sailors 11 ffs!?

Still think we'll sign 2 senior CBs, probably VdV and Tosin, and then clear out all but one of Sanchez, Dier, Tanganga and Rodon. One of those will stay as 4th choice til next summer I'd imagine. Think we'll also sign Phillips too, and maybe loan him out but I wouldnt have a problem with him being 4th choice and all the surplus 'CBs' leaving.

Might not be top class CB which we'd all prefer but would be far better than the current situation

re RB: Ange has 3 options there are seeing them in training every day and obviously knows what he wants from a RB

Thanks for posting. Judging from highlights, Maddison looks lively and not afraid to shoot. Great to see GLC contributing again and the comments from Ange to back that up. Seeing Dier wearing the captains armband gives me the shudders.....

I really think we give Dier too much of a hard time - he was a good player under Poch; made it to the England squad.
He obviously cares about the club and wants to play for Tottenham and has a good reputation in the squad.
He had some crappy years under managers that required him to defend all game and put him under loads of pressure.

I really think we give Dier too much of a hard time - he was a good player under Poch; made it to the England squad.
He obviously cares about the club and wants to play for Tottenham and has a good reputation in the squad.
He had some crappy years under managers that required him to defend all game and put him under loads of pressure.

Cannot play in Ange’s system at all.

He was decent as a midfielder. He's been a crap CB under every manager we've had.

I've never been one to particularly go in on him, but I don't think he's good enough for us but to his credit he has always given it his all.

But I stand by what I said, seeing him with the captains armband on gives me the shudders:D....

Are you willing to make the same excuses for Sanchez? Please consider that Sanchez has actually had an impressive season playing CB for us. Albeit paired with Jan/Toby but, still a set of more impressive performances that Dier has ever delivered at CB.

If you're not willing to give Sanchez the benefit of the doubt, you shouldn't be giving Dier any either.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Back