• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Spurs pre-season Perth, Australia

Some of the attacking on show was just sublime.
I think we have a hell of a season on our hands, boys and girls. Love to see it. We've got our Tottenham back. :D

Yeah, from the highlights and comments on here, I'm certainly sucked right back in and suddenly very optimistic. Now I believe we'll be back in contention for top four, and hopefully a domestic cup win, LOL. :D

Clearly the better team (as if it wasn't super obvious) and should have scored at least 2-3 more.

View attachment 15739
This is very promising but also shows the game of two halves. West Ham didn't make any HT subs whereas we cleared our entire slate. To me, it shows the system and style Ange wants to implement is something the players have taken to fairly well. Sure, our 2nd half players were fresher so it's not a 1:1 comparison. Just simply stating that we have some reason to be optimistic even after one friendly.

Just watched the highlights. Poor defending on the first two WH goals. First was poor individual defending. Second was poor team defending - lack of ownership. Then Spurs scored twice from set pieces- assisted by Perisic. The third goal by WH ... Davinson Sanchez was not good. Poor defending in the middle albeit it is a friendly.

Looking at stats, it is interesting we created more chances and we didnt convert enough. However we conceded goals due to poor concentration.

This is very promising but also shows the game of two halves. West Ham didn't make any HT subs whereas we cleared our entire slate. To me, it shows the system and style Ange wants to implement is something the players have taken to fairly well. Sure, our 2nd half players were fresher so it's not a 1:1 comparison. Just simply stating that we have some reason to be optimistic even after one friendly.
You mean the half where we scored two goals without Kane on the pitch? Maybe there is life after Kane ;)....

Just watched the highlights. Poor defending on the first two WH goals. First was poor individual defending. Second was poor team defending - lack of ownership. Then Spurs scored twice from set pieces- assisted by Perisic. The third goal by WH ... Davinson Sanchez was not good. Poor defending in the middle albeit it is a friendly.

Looking at stats, it is interesting we created more chances and we didnt convert enough. However we conceded goals due to poor concentration.
So didn't take any positives from it then?

You mean the half where we scored two goals without Kane on the pitch? Maybe there is life after Kane ;)....
Right, I'm not worried whether he stays or goes and I know that Ange hasn't been worried either. That's the exact mentality a manager should have, and who knows, it might actually have the effect of drawing Kane back into the project.

Thanks @Yid Boy
It was great to see Spurs create so many chances
We had about 30 shots and 10 occasions where we didn't get a shot away but were inches away from a tap in.
Once things start to mesh together better, we could look really good.

We could have won the game 7-0 and everyone's heads would be spinning.
It was probably the perfect outcome i.e. some great play whilst making it clear to Levy that we need to buy 2 centre backs, and reinforcing that Porro and Reggie cannot defend crosses whatsoever.

By the way, I had a look at Singapore's Lion City Sailors to see who they are.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lion_City_Sailors_FC
Founded in 1997 as a Police Team
Used to play in red
Bought in 2020 by Forrest Li
...which rang a bell... he is 'mates' with Levy and previously 'might' have wanted to invest in / buy Spurs:

This article is from a couple of years ago
https://m.allfootballapp.com/news/E...give-Antonio-Conte-more-to-moan-about/2779999
Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy had been hopeful of attracting fresh investment with which to bolster Conte’s squad last month, with Li seen as a prime candidate after he recently visited the club, but it failed to materialise as the internet entrepreneur lost billions on the New York Stock Exchange.

Li’s gaming and e-commerce company Sea Ltd was worth around £15billion last October, but the stock has almost halved in value since, following a number of set-backs, including the Indian government banning many of its gaming apps.

Li has denied an imminent bid for Tottenham.

By the way, I had a look at Singapore's Lion City Sailors to see who they are.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lion_City_Sailors_FC
Founded in 1997 as a Police Team
Used to play in red
Bought in 2020 by Forrest Li
...which rang a bell... he is 'mates' with Levy and previously 'might' have wanted to invest in / buy Spurs:

This article is from a couple of years ago
https://m.allfootballapp.com/news/E...give-Antonio-Conte-more-to-moan-about/2779999
Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy had been hopeful of attracting fresh investment with which to bolster Conte’s squad last month, with Li seen as a prime candidate after he recently visited the club, but it failed to materialise as the internet entrepreneur lost billions on the New York Stock Exchange.

Li’s gaming and e-commerce company Sea Ltd was worth around £15billion last October, but the stock has almost halved in value since, following a number of set-backs, including the Indian government banning many of its gaming apps.

Li has denied an imminent bid for Tottenham.
Busy day?

I'm guessing we'll see a MF three where Maddison (GLC back up) has freedom to roam and create and Bentancur, Skipp, Bissouma, Sarr, will be more box to box players and be responsible for reading the game to decide when one goes, or both sit, or both go and the inverted wing back covers the vacated space.

We seemed to attack with relentless intent. Like a swarm. That will be frustrating at times, because it's basically playing percentages - the more you attack, you more you'll create opportunities through skill or opposition errors. But equally, because that will result in more half chances, the chance to goal ratio will be small. Our fans will need to be patient when something doesn't come off - another chance will come along in a minute. That will be quite a big adjustment after three years of coaches that would happily have one goal scoring shot in a game and then shut up shop.

Back