• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Spurs pre-season Perth, Australia

I'm guessing we'll see a MF three where Maddison (GLC back up) has freedom to roam and create and Bentancur, Skipp, Bissouma, Sarr, will be more box to box players and be responsible for reading the game to decide when one goes, or both sit, or both go and the inverted wing back covers the vacated space.

We seemed to attack with relentless intent. Like a swarm. That will be frustrating at times, because it's basically playing percentages - the more you attack, you more you'll create opportunities through skill or opposition errors. But equally, because that will result in more half chances, the chance to goal ratio will be small. Our fans will need to be patient when something doesn't come off - another chance will come along in a minute. That will be quite a big adjustment after three years of coaches that would happily have one goal scoring shot in a game and then shut up shop.

Regarding the bolded part - iirc both Conte & Jose put blame squarely on the players for how we often would retreat in to a low block after taking the lead, will be interesting to see if this continues under the new manager

Regarding the bolded part - iirc both Conte & Jose put blame squarely on the players for how we often would retreat in to a low block after taking the lead, will be interesting to see if this continues under the new manager
That can happen if you manage to the point where players are scared brickless of making a mistake.
As both managers have shown a historical propensity for shutting games down, I'll be taking a spoonful of salt with their comments

That can happen if you manage to the point where players are scared brickless of making a mistake.
As both managers have shown a historical propensity for shutting games down, I'll be taking a spoonful of salt with their comments

People usually make mistakes, if you set out to defend and allow your opponents possession you're bound to let in a goal and you can't just flick a switch and start attacking in the hope of getting back in the game. I appreciate teams must have a strategy but a lot of coaches strangle the joy out of the game.

what are people's thoughts about lack of Europe next season? Whilst i'll miss it, i really hope we benefit with the less game time.
As a fan the 2 games a week is good as its lots of football, 1 game a week may benefit us but could get a little boring not having Spurs to watch during mid week.

At the open training session in Bangkok and, whilst I could be reading into it too much, it definitely looks like a ‘moving on’ group of players training away from the main group:

- Sanchez
- Rodon
- N’dombele
- Spence (loan?)
- White (loan?)
- Devine (loan)

IMG_8717.jpeg

At the open training session in Bangkok and, whilst I could be reading into it too much, it definitely looks like a ‘moving on’ group of players training away from the main group:

- Sanchez
- Rodon
- N’dombele
- Spence (loan?)
- White (loan?)
- Devine (loan)

View attachment 15742

think that’s probably right, apart from Devine who seemed to do well last weeekend

Romero and Davies aren't going to win any headers for us.

If we're not getting CBs in early enough I'd try Romero and Royal at CB.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Fapatalk

Back