• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Son Heung-Min

I’ve been so impressed seeing Son as captain.

I had my doubts about whether he was the right choice but he’s really stepped and knows he’s got a huge responsibility as a senior player to represent the club and set the example of what we are about.

He seems to have such a aura and aggressiveness to himself now that I didn’t believe he had in him.

He’s Spurs through and through and a credit to the team.

Seeing him pumping up the fans after the second was pure class. Such a synergy between him and us supporters.
I've yet to see him talking to the ref.

Part of the captain's role is to pressure the ref and ensure we get the decisions we want.

I wonder how long it will be for Son to be accepted as a world class finisher/player and really take his spot at the Spurs top table when discussing legends? Gets written off time and again and comes back to prove his class.

I honestly think he is up there with Kane for different reasons in his importance to Spurs.

View attachment 16072

This record is insanely good
2015-2020 I always called Son our most important player. He was an unpredictable livewire that made things happen around him. It's only in the last 2 or so seasons that his quality has started to be recognised, we've known for ages how good and important he is but it's taken the rest of the football world quite some time to realise.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

He's changed from scoring goals outside the box to inside the box. Very versatile and he is still fast compared to all the youngsters out there.

Why does Ange insist on taking him off every game?

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk
I think it was a mixture of trying to conserve his energy levels across the season as he's our main goal threat and we don't have a replacement (Veliz to be seen) and trying to continue coaxing something out of Richarlison. Bringing him on at that stage for Some shows a great deal of trust and belief by Ang in Richy. It was the wrong decision imo but hopefully it all goes towards getting Richy performing to a decent level.

I've yet to see him talking to the ref.

Part of the captain's role is to pressure the ref and ensure we get the decisions we want.
You weren't watching yesterday. He was talking to the ref during VAR penalty viewing. You see him run over to the ref over the course of the game and shoo our players away so they don't get cards.

Son plays for Korea full 90. And he doesn't stop sprinting.
A player like him up top in the dying minutes is useful as a potential threat.

Hojberg and Richy subs was risky. We got pegged all the way back... I'd leave a tired son up there if its only to occupy saliba and drag him out of position.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

Had a knock before the game, so did Maddison, we were risking them

No Kane? No problem! Son was an absolute assassin yesterday. I still can't get over the finish for his first goal. Maddison also seems to have established some kind of telepathic link with Son given he's been here for all of about five seconds.
I'm happy for Son being captain as he might not fit that role in the traditional sense, but I think the most important thing is that he leads by example and that is generally infectious. He and Maddison pressed really well but I know that as a team, we could be doing better in this regard. Obviously, we can revisit that in January and at the end of the season to see any progress made there.

No Kane? No problem! Son was an absolute assassin yesterday. I still can't get over the finish for his first goal. Maddison also seems to have established some kind of telepathic link with Son given he's been here for all of about five seconds.
I'm happy for Son being captain as he might not fit that role in the traditional sense, but I think the most important thing is that he leads by example and that is generally infectious. He and Maddison pressed really well but I know that as a team, we could be doing better in this regard. Obviously, we can revisit that in January and at the end of the season to see any progress made there.

He has had 3 finishes this season (both yesterday and the first goal of his hattrick, the chip over the keeper) that were the mark of top level player with confidence.

Son has always been a very good player with moments of greatness, if he can switch to that mode more consistently, it will be very interesting.

He has had 3 finishes this season (both yesterday and the first goal of his hattrick, the chip over the keeper) that were the mark of top level player with confidence.

Son has always been a very good player with moments of greatness, if he can switch to that mode more consistently, it will be very interesting.
Just that first goal alone was absolutely stunning. The number of opposition players around him, it was basically threading a needle at high speed. And agreed, he's had some extremely technical finishes so far. We know he can smash them in from distance with bend into the top corner but for him to score like that yesterday was even more satisfying for me, like a sucker punch out of nowhere.

Finally watched the highlight on MotD2 last night. Anyone else spot Son give a quick shhhh to the Goon fans as he ran past them celebrating his 2nd?

Managed to get a screengrab but it works better as a video:
Screenshot (66).png

Finally watched the highlight on MotD2 last night. Anyone else spot Son give a quick shhhh to the Goon fans as he ran past them celebrating his 2nd?

Managed to get a screengrab but it works better as a video:
View attachment 16084

F68EOPVWQAA3epx

Deserves the chant 'He's one of our own'. Genuinely believe we should sing that to him. Get a petition sorted lads. Make it happen. He's earned it.

I like your idea. But. That chant is meant for players that have come through the ranks. And re-using a chant on another player after one has just left feels a bit cheap to me. I remember after Hoddle left they started using his song on Waddle. Felt disrespectful to me.

Back