• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Son Heung-Min

As great as it is seeing Son tear it apart for us centrally - how do the rest of you feel about him being 31 now?

It makes me feel nervous. I know he has great finishing and technical ability and they're the last things to go, but he has relied a lot on his pace down the years.

I'm so praying he can keep doing this for the next 3 seasons but I do worry. Having lost Harry last thing we need is to end up replacing Son as well.

As great as it is seeing Son tear it apart for us centrally - how do the rest of you feel about him being 31 now?

It makes me feel nervous. I know he has great finishing and technical ability and they're the last things to go, but he has relied a lot on his pace down the years.

I'm so praying he can keep doing this for the next 3 seasons but I do worry. Having lost Harry last thing we need is to end up replacing Son as well.
we already have Richie and Veliz, giving different options. Even now if Son is injured, we have to think of alternatives - apart from finishing, we need good crossers such as Perisic on the left and Pedro on the right, everything was 'cut inside' by Manor and Kulu, too easy and congested for a low block defense.

Can understand the nervousness. Players that rely on pace have a tendency to suddenly drop off rather quickly when they start losing that edge.

For now I'm just happy that Son getting back to a role that suits him (and back to better fitness) has seen him return to some of his best form ever. Hopefully it will last quite a while. I think he's a very good pro, looks after himself. Didn't break through ridiculously early iirc. Hopefully has some years left at the top.

I also think a positive about selling Kane this summer is that we get to stagger the losses of Kane and Son instead of dealing with the loss (or decline) of both at the same time.

Replacing Son at some point in this role, this system will be a challenge. But it's far from an impossible task. Replacing Kane on the systems we've used in recent years looked an impossible task.

Fitness wise his injuries have been slightly more notable with his age but in reality now we need him every game with his finishing
I think he has 3 season left in him and I can see him keeping his speed up too as he seems to be a player that’s for quicker with age

No concerns honestly

- Model pro who takes care of himself
- Switch to central will probably prolong his career, does not need the long/top speed runs that being wide demands, just needs to keep his first step pace
- Has a manager who will manage his minutes and not run him into the ground

2-3 seasons would seem completely doable for him, at which point we should have other options so as someone else mentioned we avoid the replacing him and Kane in the same timeframe.

Feels like the “how do we score without Harry Kane” fears to me. We won’t be playing with 10 men, someone will replace Son, we have Richarlson and Veliz already, if they’re not up to it then we’ll buy someone else.

Exactly, we have another year and half at least with Son, I am not worry about something that has not happened yet.

He’s been picked for a friendly for South Korea. Don’t suppose he will pull out considering he hasn’t managed 90 minutes in neither of the last two games?

Can understand the nervousness. Players that rely on pace have a tendency to suddenly drop off rather quickly when they start losing that edge.

For now I'm just happy that Son getting back to a role that suits him (and back to better fitness) has seen him return to some of his best form ever. Hopefully it will last quite a while. I think he's a very good pro, looks after himself. Didn't break through ridiculously early iirc. Hopefully has some years left at the top.

I also think a positive about selling Kane this summer is that we get to stagger the losses of Kane and Son instead of dealing with the loss (or decline) of both at the same time.

Replacing Son at some point in this role, this system will be a challenge. But it's far from an impossible task. Replacing Kane on the systems we've used in recent years looked an impossible task.

No, i definitely remember when we first signed him our central back ups to a young Harry Kane were Chadli or Son.

Seeing Son centrally then was a completely different beast. He wasn't terrible but he was distinctly unremarkable. In fact I think at that point I actually preferred Chadli in the absence of Kane.

It is amazing to think back to how rapidly he developed once he settled in. Now he's part of the furniture.

No, i definitely remember when we first signed him our central back ups to a young Harry Kane were Chadli or Son.

Seeing Son centrally then was a completely different beast. He wasn't terrible but he was distinctly unremarkable. In fact I think at that point I actually preferred Chadli in the absence of Kane.

It is amazing to think back to how rapidly he developed once he settled in. Now he's part of the furniture.

He is now Grandad's chair that you would not want to be the one to get rid of, dominates the room, everyone loves and wants to be called towards. I feel a gable end mural coming on......

Back