• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Son Heung-Min

He was a good player but he was definitely overrated on here in some quarters. You would think he scored 20 goals a season given the praise he got at times and not the 3-4 league goals he typically averaged in his time here. He was technically good and had a defence splitting pass in his locker, in the context of the calibre of players we had at the time (Kane, Eriksen, Son) he wasn’t as gifted as them though.

He was a good player but he was definitely overrated on here in some quarters. You would think he scored 20 goals a season given the praise he got at times and not the 3-4 league goals he typically averaged in his time here. He was technically good and had a defence splitting pass in his locker, in the context of the calibre of players we had at the time (Kane, Eriksen, Son) he wasn’t as gifted as them though.

Lamela being good is a meme. Massive disappointment, to the point he became a cult hero.

Son is an excellent captain. He also connects with the crowd very well, taking every opportunity sincerely.

His work rate was immense and Maddison has to thank Son for forcing the keeper to make a poor pass/clearance from which he eventually scored at Burnley. Shows Richarlison up for what he is - spoilt and entitled.

First touch not exquisite but he has the most effective1-2s in build up play yesterday. Shoots with left or right effortlessly as we know well. We saw that last week with udogie breaking the lines and crossing for Kulu's goal.

I back son for at least 20 goals and a challenger for golden Boot this season.

When Spurs win the league in March, we will look back at the small pieces of luck which enabled it to happen e.g. Haaland's injury in October, playing Burnley in scorching sunshine rather than cold horizontal driving rain, Romero side-footing one into the top bins from outside the box. Love it.

Think I prefer Son as a CF? Obviously given the choice of him or Kane as a no9 then it’s always Kane, but now I think I’d just go with Sonny there.

One of the effects of the Ange revolution before yesterday was that Sonny was being pushed wider left than I'd seen him in years. He has always played "off" the left but it was a roaming position which invariably ended up with him and HK being close together and assisting one another.

I don't think Son at wide left is as effective, which was why yesterday when we played him through the middle with Solomon left, things improved in front of goal. That's not to say he won't play there again this year, I suspect Ange will assess how much we need a true number 9 (which although out of form is what Richie is being used as) at times but that yesterday was an indication of how less mobile central defences will be delivered their Angeball experience.

It's going to be so much fun!

Such a difference having CF who knows how and when to move
So nice to see he hasn’t lost his pace either
I still think Richy as a battering ram and sonny as the finesse could work but son has the shirt as CF now vs Sheffield United surely

Back