• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Son Heung-Min

Really hard to know exactly who it is when they are sitting behind you. Still said my bit though,even though it felt like shouting at the air. He was called a dog eater over and over again.

I guess that is just proof that fans of all clubs have filth among their ranks

Actually he was initially shockingly bad after coming on today. He gave the ball away every time he got it and didn't do a thing right. Then he did well for the two goals and made himself a bit of a hero (together with Kane, of course).

I think he is very inconsistent, but he is a bit different from our other attacking players in the sense that he is a bit quicker and more direct.

He did give the ball away several times when he first came, however that can happen when a player is pushed into a fast hectic game we are chasing a result in. What i like about Son he is always looking to make a positive move forward and try and run in behind players. To be honest we do not have many ( if any) that really do that on a regular basis.

He frightens defenders by doing that and with the pace he has he will cause problems for any defence, it will not always work for him but when it does he is hard to mark.

He did give the ball away several times when he first came, however that can happen when a player is pushed into a fast hectic game we are chasing a result in. What i like about Son he is always looking to make a positive move forward and try and run in behind players. To be honest we do not have many ( if any) that really do that on a regular basis.

He frightens defenders by doing that and with the pace he has he will cause problems for any defence, it will not always work for him but when it does he is hard to mark.

True. But had we ended up losing the game there would be a lot of unhappiness with his performance after he came on.

I agree with what you like about Son. He offers something different to some of our other attacking midfielders in that and that makes him extra important to us.

Has been awesome this season overall and I would easily have forgiven him an off game, but I'm delighted he ended up delivering again. Top class involvements for both the goals.

I think Son is a very intelligent player who presents opposing managers with a difficult task in deciding how to close him down.

He's got the wheels to outsprint most markers which either produces scoring chances or works to win the war of attrition by grinding down defenders till their leggy in the late stages. His close control and passing skills make double teaming him a mug's game. He strikes me as someone who has his head in the game from the off. He made that clear last season with that crafty goal against Watford - back to goal in a packed box, he niftily backheels a pass into their net for a vital win.

Fleet of foot, fleet of thought, this is Pochettino's prototypical player.

Agreed. Son has that Xtra Factor which offers us something different. With Eriksen out of sorts , Son often provides that extra quality (and goals) we sometimes need in games. That is especially important if we don't have Alli there.

Agreed. Son has that Xtra Factor which offers us something different. With Eriksen out of sorts , Son often provides that extra quality (and goals) we sometimes need in games. That is especially important if we don't have Alli there.
Not only goals but assists. (Though not too sure he'll actually get awarded the assists he warrants for either of the two goals he sparked yesterday. One a pen, the other a pass across the face of the goal that was deflected towards Kane by the keeper).

Last edited:
It's a shame really he was constantly racially abused by some of our own yesterday really. It was embarrassing.[/QUOTE
Its not clear if you reported that or at the very least had words with whoever had the nerve to say these things, disgusting our fans are doing this, I know what I would have done if I had heard this.

Don't really understand the logic behind starting ANY game without at least one of Son, Lamela, N'Koudou or at least Sissoko in the starting XI. You pick a team full of slow players who can't run with the ball or find any space then you get a slow and laboured performance where we don't create anything.

Poch got the tactics very wrong on Saturday - we got lucky. Son's introduction made a big difference and he will be absolutely crucial in the next two games.

Don't get me wrong, I can see the logic behind giving him a rest after he's travelled a long way on international duty and has two big games that he'll need to start coming up. When Son is poor he's been very poor. I'd have just liked to have seen SOME pace and directness in the starting XI. Am guessing N'Koudou was injured?

Don't really understand the logic behind starting ANY game without at least one of Son, Lamela, N'Koudou or at least Sissoko in the starting XI. You pick a team full of slow players who can't run with the ball or find any space then you get a slow and laboured performance where we don't create anything.

Poch got the tactics very wrong on Saturday - we got lucky. Son's introduction made a big difference and he will be absolutely crucial in the next two games.

Don't get me wrong, I can see the logic behind giving him a rest after he's travelled a long way on international duty and has two big games that he'll need to start coming up. When Son is poor he's been very poor. I'd have just liked to have seen SOME pace and directness in the starting XI. Am guessing N'Koudou was injured?

So for the four you listed -> coming off injury, injured, never started PL game and either suspended or coming off suspension. I agree in general, but Poch didn't exactly have a ton of options available.

Son is an interesting player, said it before

- He's a wide forward that takes the game to opponents. Will run at defenders (no one likes that), is two footed and unlike Lamela/Eriksen will go wide instead of constantly cutting in.
- Downside, his first touch isn't always the greatest, he isn't a midfielder as he often fudges up simple release passes and/or holds on to ball for too long.
- His performances for Spurs have been excellent when fully fit, his performances when carrying a knock/injury (heel last season, ankle this) have been poor, a reflection on him being most effective when playing that dynamic style game (injures obviously hinder).

Until we have an in form 2nd striker option, he is a critical part of any success we will likely have.

I am coming round to the idea that we need to sell Son. When he's good he's very good. But there are far too many games like last night where he's been diabolical, particularly in European games. It's not about form, it's literally game to game where he can tear the opposition apart and then follow it up by being the worst player on the pitch in the next game. We have no idea which player is going to turn up and we can't plan for that kind of thing.

Regardless of how he's settling in, I refuse to believe N'Koudou would have been as poor as Son was last night. He needs more game time.

I am coming round to the idea that we need to sell Son. When he's good he's very good. But there are far too many games like last night where he's been diabolical, particularly in European games. It's not about form, it's literally game to game where he can tear the opposition apart and then follow it up by being the worst player on the pitch in the next game. We have no idea which player is going to turn up and we can't plan for that kind of thing.

Regardless of how he's settling in, I refuse to believe N'Koudou would have been as poor as Son was last night. He needs more game time.
Agree, by rights N'koudou would have been the closest like-for-like off the bench last night but for some reason Poch preferred Janssen, who to be fair did quite well when he came on. But sadly it's not looking like Poch has too much faith in h so far. Only four PL appearances to date, average 3 mins per game, plus four in others average 38 mins p/g.

I've said it before in other threads, its not just Son. All of our attacking players behind the forward are not of the sufficient quality to carry us through and kill teams over the course of a season. When you compare what we have to Liverpool in those areas, it is embarrassing really. In isolation they are decent players but we need 1-2 of the 4-5 we have being an option on the bench with better quality starting but I don't expect that to change anytime soon.

Back