• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Son Heung-Min

Thought he did well at times, his ability to run with the ball is something we lack in most areas and you could see the Arse players were stretched at times by him.

And wasn't it good to see Mustafi panting behind, straining to get there but not making it. Shame that Bellerin and Koscielny are rapid, without those two he would have been in.

He is one of the few we have that can run with the ball at pace... it's a great alternative and it's why he now has a first 11 slot rather than a squad player one
The way he did Mutsafi was actually really clever and when he did kocielny he simply kicked him as he had no answer

Thought he did allright today, apart from the pussying out. Why he did that, I will never know. Stick your foot out at least. Looks a bit like a tried to anticipate a Cech clearance.
Looked to me like a simple case of bottling it. Had he not done so I think Cech would've seen red (with Le Scum having already made 3 substitutions) but it would also have seen Son get clattered. It seems he wasn't prepared to take one for the team there. Now imagine that had been Kane instead?

Looked to me like a simple case of bottling it. Had he not done so I think Cech would've seen red (with Le Scum having already made 3 substitutions) but it would also have seen Son get clattered. It seems he wasn't prepared to take one for the team there. Now imagine that had been Kane instead?
I wonder if the rumour that Son is still having some injury problems caused him to no make contact with Cech. It was a surprise to see him seem to avoid him.

It is a savage and unforgiving league!
Performing 'sometimes' is now not good enough.
But they get paid a huge amount of money these days so they 'shouldn't' complain

thats generous, for some it appears to be the last 90 minutes

Some times it does not take that long, i am usually at games but on those occasions i can not be there i very rarely read match threads ( to many hysterical utterances) calling players brick 10 minutes into a game.

Maybe he was also thinking the moment you touch the goalie it's a certain fk and a booking.

What would have been the harm in that. Either way Arsenal would have the ball.
He's not exactly in danger of ever getting suspended with 1 booking in 52 games for us.

As for his form. He had a handful of good games, nothing to get carried away with.
The likes of Alderweireld, Wanyama, Lloris and Rose have been consistently good all season.

As for his form. He had a handful of good games, nothing to get carried away with.
The likes of Alderweireld, Wanyama, Lloris and Rose have been consistently good all season.

All defensive players, thats usually the case.

Nature of the beast that these attacking players have lulls, he is decent and was good on Sunday, had their much like defender on toast and gave him food for thought

Nature of the beast that these attacking players have lulls, he is decent and was good on Sunday, had their much like defender on toast and gave him food for thought

Pretty much. Quite a few Arsenal fans on Reddit were pretty shocked at how easily he skinned Bellerin on multiple occasions. He just takes a touch too many at times - if he can work on his decisiveness in key areas, we'll have a properly dangerous inside-forward on our hands.

Especially as a huge influence on how people rate (some) attacking players is based on if they scored a goal or not. Had he scored against Arsenal, but otherwise put in the exact same performance, people would be praising his overall performance and contribution. And it's pretty much a given that attacking midfielders will score somewhat randomly.

Both Son and Chadli are very similiar to each other. Both are too inconsistent. Both can go on a goal scoring run and then go missing after that. Both would always look very good when they are scoring goals but look very poor when they are not scoring. Both just don't have the work rate.

Back