• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Son Heung-Min

Danny Blanchflower? For captain you have to look at what the team achieved.
Yep. As likeable and talented as he is, Sonny needs to lead us to a trophy or two just to be in the conversation.

Blanchflower is before even my time, although I remember him as a Sunday newspaper football columnist.

Mabbsy is my fave but I wouldn't pretend he had the same sort of tactical nous as Danny boy.

I think Mabbutt is a bit underrated, he was in between successful periods, but he played in pretty much every position at some point and was trusted by every manager.

I think Mabbutt is a bit underrated, he was in between successful periods, but he played in pretty much every position at some point and was trusted by every manager.

He's my captain. I grew up in the 80s. But greatest ever? My dad would say Blanchflower (if they were alive).

Thought he should have been manager after bill nic.

Didn't he just hate the idea he was a tough guy. Rather than skillful?
It was his first game back after a year out from a leg break and that little C Bremner went through him with a late one, then the blue mist descended and that photo is the outcome. You’re right, he did t like the way the photo portrayed him.

As fans though I think we love it! I know I own the photo and have it framed.

It was his first game back after a year out from a leg break and that little C Bremner went through him with a late one, then the blue mist descended and that photo is the outcome. You’re right, he did t like the way the photo portrayed him.

As fans though I think we love it! I know I own the photo and have it framed.

Think most spurs fans have that photo.

It was 2 breaks wasn't it? At a time you didn't really come back from one.

Didn't he just hate the idea he was a tough guy. Rather than skillful?

Yes. I believe the incident came about because Bremner, whom he considered a friend, had gone in hard on Mackay soon after Mackay had recovered from his first or possibly second broken leg; this was in an era when players rarely, if ever, came back from a broken leg.

I'd assumed Mackay was never captain for Spurs but he might have been in between Blanchflower and Mullery. I think he was also captain of Derby when they won the title.

Yes. I believe the incident came about because Bremner, whom he considered a friend, had gone in hard on Mackay soon after Mackay had recovered from his first or possibly second broken leg; this was in an era when players rarely, if ever, came back from a broken leg.

I'd assumed Mackay was never captain for Spurs but he might have been in between Blanchflower and Mullery. I think he was also captain of Derby when they won the title.

He won the league with derby as manager.

Think most spurs fans have that photo.

It was 2 breaks wasn't it? At a time you didn't really come back from one.

Yes it was, i was at old trafford when he got the first a ( bad tackle by Cantwell), in those days we had no subs so we played with ten men and got knocked out of Europe. I will always remember him sitting up while being carried off on the stretcher and clapping us fans.

Yes it was, i was at old trafford when he got the first a ( bad tackle by Cantwell), in those days we had no subs so we played with ten men and got knocked out of Europe. I will always remember him sitting up while being carried off on the stretcher and clapping us fans.

My dad told me the same. Mad for me when you think about it. Substitutes.

Back