• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Son Heung-Min

Interestingly Danny Blanchflower was highly controversial as a captain. He fell out big time with at least three of his managers prior to Billy Nick because he believed he was better place to make tactical changes on the pitch.

As well as being cunning, astute and a bit of a motormouth, Danny was also possibly the most stylish player I have ever watched. And that includes the likes of John White, Jimmy McIlroy, Glenn Hoddle (possibly the most gifted) and Dimitar Berbatov.

I remember to this day my reaction - one of excited anticipation but also disbelief - when it was reported prior to the start of the 1960/61 campaign that he'd told the Spurs directors he believed the team would do the Double that season. Excitement because it certainly seemed possible the way Spurs had dazzled but missed out through sloppiness the previous season, but disbelief because it seemed his arrogance could be the very reason it might not happen.

I'm always a bit nervous of loving pro-sports stars because they are people and a Tiger Woods style fall from grace is always possible especially given the temptations open to them.

But I think my whole belief system would be shattered if Sonny was anything other than what he presents himself to be. My son's favourite player by a distance and I think he's mine too.

I dont understand. I have no medical background yet it does not make sense as to why he would want to continue to play and everyone allows him to..... won't it be possible he could do himself more damage?

I dont understand. I have no medical background yet it does not make sense as to why he would want to continue to play and everyone allows him to..... won't it be possible he could do himself more damage?

I do think personally part of it is on the player, their loyalties (which are different based on nationality IMO) mean they push harder than they should at times

I do think personally part of it is on the player, their loyalties (which are different based on nationality IMO) mean they push harder than they should at times
I wasn't clear, i mean i get why he wants to play but how he played all of last season and we had options for us i dont get. And last night werent they were like 4 nil up before half time? Why come back out?! I bey he doesnt play full 90 for us next week. We got tough games.
I guess im asking how we manage injuries.....

I wasn't clear, i mean i get why he wants to play but how he played all of last season and we had options for us i dont get. And last night werent they were like 4 nil up before half time? Why come back out?! I bey he doesnt play full 90 for us next week. We got tough games.
I guess im asking how we manage injuries.....

On the Spurs side, Ange and his medical/coaching staff have clearly identified it as he's been taken off in 6/8 games this season (only played the full match against Bournemouth and Man Utd). It would be nice if Korea did the same thing (or just don't call him up for a window or two) but it's far more than just football for them.

Great to see him back at his best. Looks incredibly sharp and works his socks off.

Fits the striker role in this system really well. So happy for him and us.

Not the most pointy shouty captain around, but that's absolutely fine. Sets the standard on the pitch, and by all accounts he's equally good off the pitch both with unifying the dressing room and setting high standards for professionalism.

Back