• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Son Heung-Min

Some of the best and most entertaining football I've ever seen, more so by Spurs, has come in the 4231. I like that formation, with the right players.

Hugo
Back 4
Eric - Pierre
Bryan/Lucas - Dele - Heung-Min
Harry

Might work, at least against certain teams.
I like the system
Just need a player in the position you have dele there as dele can’t play 10 IMO
Needs a player who can pass like Eriksen

I like the system
Just need a player in the position you have dele there as dele can’t play 10 IMO
Needs a player who can pass like Eriksen
Agree, but to find a player with both the skill, mentality (pre-not-so-good-mentality-phase) and total unselfishness as Eriksen is going to be extremely difficult. And where we have lost Eriksen, we have gained Højbjerg for defensive protection. I firmly believe we could have won the CL final with him as DM. Alli has shown that he has some of Eriksen's qualities to an extent as well, like vision and unselfishness. As opposed to, say Winks, who's main shortcoming is poor vision (IMO of course), and will create in 1 out of 30. Problem is of course that Alli sometimes is too sloppy/"tricky" for such an important part of the field, but that particular part should be coachable. And he's at least as good as Eriksen holding on to the ball, and quite good at spotting open teammates and runs as well. At the moment we have no creativity or initiative coming from the middle of the pitch, so I'd say it would be worth a try. Can't be much worse than creating 0 chances against Crystal Palace anyway.

Agree, but to find a player with both the skill, mentality (pre-not-so-good-mentality-phase) and total unselfishness as Eriksen is going to be extremely difficult. And where we have lost Eriksen, we have gained Højbjerg for defensive protection. I firmly believe we could have won the CL final with him as DM. Alli has shown that he has some of Eriksen's qualities to an extent as well, like vision and unselfishness. As opposed to, say Winks, who's main shortcoming is poor vision (IMO of course), and will create in 1 out of 30. Problem is of course that Alli sometimes is too sloppy/"tricky" for such an important part of the field, but that particular part should be coachable. And he's at least as good as Eriksen holding on to the ball, and quite good at spotting open teammates and runs as well. At the moment we have no creativity or initiative coming from the middle of the pitch, so I'd say it would be worth a try. Can't be much worse than creating 0 chances against Crystal Palace anyway.
Winks and Rose were out 2 best players in the CL final IMO

Ndombele or Gil as the 10 and Dele out on the right. Dele is at his best coming from wide into the box
But that’s shifting Gil into a position he may or may not be suited too currently
It’s the age old problem of the player not playing suddenly being better
I say that as someone who thinks Gil we become a brilliant player but he needs time and games on also position where he can grow
If he can play as a 10 and do it well im all for giving him a chance

But that’s shifting Gil into a position he may or may not be suited too currently
It’s the age old problem of the player not playing suddenly being better
I say that as someone who thinks Gil we become a brilliant player but he needs time and games on also position where he can grow
If he can play as a 10 and do it well im all for giving him a chance
From what I've seen of Gil so far him and Ndombele look the most suited to playing that position.
But there's issues with both, Gil is young and learning (but worth trying imho) and Ndombele, well we all know the issues.

Some of the best and most entertaining football I've ever seen, more so by Spurs, has come in the 4231. I like that formation, with the right players.

Hugo
Back 4
Eric - Pierre
Bryan/Lucas - Dele - Heung-Min
Harry

Might work, at least against certain teams.
Dier in midfield?!?..... *shudder*

From what I've seen of Gil so far him and Ndombele look the most suited to playing that position.
But there's issues with both, Gil is young and learning (but worth trying imho) and Ndombele, well we all know the issues.
Agree
Tanguy is a CM being forced into a 10 (he does have the passing range)
And Gil… well we will see with him as he looks to have a lot of great things in his locker

Winks and Rose were out 2 best players in the CL final IMO
Admittedly I was drunk plus during the final, but can't remember being very impressed with Winks (or any other for that matter). I do remember Son being pretty wasteful, Kane being not very present and Sissoko launching the ball into low orbit though.

Admittedly I was drunk plus during the final, but can't remember being very impressed with Winks (or any other for that matter). I do remember Son being pretty wasteful, Kane being not very present and Sissoko launching the ball into low orbit though.
I was drunk in the ground
And I haven’t watched it back
But my recollection at the time was they were our two best players IMO

Perhaps I've said this in another thread, but what I really like about Gil is his apparent exceptional "first step speed out of a stationary or near stationary dribble when in a bodily non advantageous position" (in lack of a better technical term). I've seen him almost at full pelt going between 2 opponents when thye're still turning their bodies. This is a very useful atletic ability to have, and something not too many players has. I'd say Cruyff, Messi and a prime Ronaldo (the real one) off the top of my head. Bale is an example of a player who preferably needs to be at speed.

I was drunk in the ground
And I haven’t watched it back
But my recollection at the time was they were our two best players IMO
I'll take your word for it. Still, the Winks pre-injury was a player I thought we could build upon. The current one, not so much unfortunately. He is a player more suited for a team not wanting to be poorer than a team wanting to be better IMHO.

Back