• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Son Heung-Min

It’s easy to say in hindsight that another forward would have been helpful, but was it worth spending the money on someone who potentially would never be needed when we have two potential superstars coming through in Scarlett and Parrott.

The way we are playing at the moment we don’t need a striker.

Arguably the best striker in the world and he had no shots and no touches inside the oppositions box. Absolutely fudging terrible.

It’s easy to say in hindsight that another forward would have been helpful, but was it worth spending the money on someone who potentially would never be needed when we have two potential superstars coming through in Scarlett and Parrott.

That's massive belief you are putting in those two. I'm not sure that it's justified. But I hope you are right. Or maybe you are taking the tinkle?

That's massive belief you are putting in those two. I'm not sure that it's justified. But I hope you are right. Or maybe you are taking the tinkle?

I’m not taking the tinkle, and I’ve not seen enough of either to be convinced, but I think that the feeling in the club is that they are both PL level forwards.

Bare in mind this is the guy who rates AVB as the best coach in world football and Lamela and Sissoko as two of our best players in the club’s history.

The way we are playing at the moment we don’t need a striker.

Arguably the best striker in the world and he had no shots and no touches inside the oppositions box. Absolutely fudging terrible.
You know I’ve always argued Son shouldn’t be the first alternative to Kane but yesterday if both had been playing I would have subbed Kane off and left Son up top on his own when we went down to 10. I know we hadn’t created anything but Son would have at least pressed and given us the ball over the top as a release.
I wish this rest has happened pre the window closing as I feel that may have made the need for a replacement CF more obvious, especially as I’d like the option of subbing or dropping Kane. To get the best out of Kane we need two pacey options beside him too, Dele didn’t work further forward at all, would like to see Gil in the team if Son is out against Chelsea.

It's not hindsight. We've been having this back and forth debate for the last 5 years. As a club we have been happy to have paper thin options in certain parts of the squad.

You buy a player for now
That may develop enough to be sold for more in the future
Spend that money on Vlahovic and sell him for double in 3 years

Daka will be worth £60m in 2 years
Edouard always looked like a progressive striker and was available for a cheap price

Back