• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Son Heung-Min Signs - Official

Fergie used to play park in there big games in all completions quite a lot more than just shirt money imo .

Exactly. Park played for United on merit, the margins in top level football are too small to carry a passenger who sells t-shirts.

As a superstar, Dave will demand a multi-year contract with high wage. Say something like £40,000 a week or about £2 million a year for 4 years. Transfer fee could be anywhere. Swansea paid £6 million to Celtic for Ki Sung-Yueng. The overall investment (transfer fee + wage + others) will easily be in excess of £10 million. To recoup the investment, Spurs will have to play Dave regularly to continue getting that overseas coverage. This would be detrimental to Spurs and its ambition if Dave is not good enough to take Spurs to the next level. We are now better than signing Asian players to just sell shirts. Man United did not buy Park and Kagawa just for commercial reasons. Sure, overseas advertisement, overseas tour, shirt sales and game day benefits are parts of the overall consideration. However, first and foremost is that the player must have the potential to make it at our level.

For David Beckham, the MLS signed him for a lot of money. However, Beckham was also one of the top 2 players for LA Galaxy (the other one is Landon Donovan).

Tottenham could eat that transfer fee and wage easily, they have been doing it for years for players like Jenas and Bentley for the past GHod knows how long. Its a commercial gamble.

As I said, I have already said that when I meant shirt selling, I meant commercial investment as a whole. The big picture. Shirt selling is a small part of that big picture.

Fergie used to play park in there big games in all completions quite a lot more than just shirt money imo .

Yes he did, he is a good player and someone I wish many a time we got when we sold Berabatov and Carrick.

Its still a point of if I buy Park and everything that goes with him, and a similar player for the same price and wages, then Park and everything that comes with him wins all day long.

Yes he did, he is a good player and someone I wish many a time we got when we sold Berabatov and Carrick.

Its still a point of if I buy Park and everything that goes with him, and a similar player for the same price and wages, then Park and everything that comes with him wins all day long.
I see your point but can't see shirt sales being part of any clubs transfer policy bar arguably buying Beckham

Any chairman worth his salt would factor the commerciality of a player into their decision to buy him or not. It may not be the #1 or #2 reason, but it should be considered for sure, given the global nature of the game nowadays.

Tottenham could eat that transfer fee and wage easily, they have been doing it for years for players like Jenas and Bentley for the past GHod knows how long. Its a commercial gamble.

As I said, I have already said that when I meant shirt selling, I meant commercial investment as a whole. The big picture. Shirt selling is a small part of that big picture.

We spent big on Jenas and Bentley because we thought that they had it. I even thought that Pav looked like the next big thing in Euro 2008. Every player buy is a gamble. It does not matter what country the player is from. British players are thought to be less of a gamble because we can judge them from their performance in the Premier League.

Back to the subject, Son Heung-Min is currently the joint-top scorer for Hamburg in Bundesliga and he is a winger. I have not seen him in person but he looked good & promising on the games I saw him on TV. He will offer us something different from Lennon, Dempsey and Bale. To me, he seems like a quicker & more direct version of Dempsey that can shoot with either foot.

Last edited:
Any chairman worth his salt would factor the commerciality of a player into their decision to buy him or not. It may not be the #1 or #2 reason, but it should be considered for sure, given the global nature of the game nowadays.

For sure.

I don't think for a second United signed Kagawa just for the commercial value, but I do think it factored into their willingness to put serious money on the table. It almost becomes a discount on the transfer fee and wages so you can be willing to pay a bit more than for a player that was equally good, but not from a country like Japan or South Korea.

As if anyone in South Africa bought a spurs jersey because of Khumalo. He was brought because Levy thought we could get him in cheap and sell him on for a profit.

Did I mention shirt sales anywhere? I suggested PART of the reasoning amongst other factors would have been the commercial aspect. For example, by having both of those players at our club you have more scope of building a large following in South Africa which is thus far, an untapped resource by comparison to Asia and the US. You also build stronger ties with South African companies and the economy, ie Investec by showing what pull you can have financially.

Khumalo was widely feted as one of the brightest young talents in South Africa at the time we signed him as well as being a full international. The fact he isn't great is irrelevant, if you think that signing wouldn't have been noticed by the everyday football fans in SA and wouldn't have helped create more of a potential fanbase and given us increased exposure then you are incredibly naive.

Did I mention shirt sales anywhere? I suggested PART of the reasoning amongst other factors would have been the commercial aspect. For example, by having both of those players at our club you have more scope of building a large following in South Africa which is thus far, an untapped resource by comparison to Asia and the US. You also build stronger ties with South African companies and the economy, ie Investec by showing what pull you can have financially.

Khumalo was widely feted as one of the brightest young talents in South Africa at the time we signed him as well as being a full international. The fact he isn't great is irrelevant, if you think that signing wouldn't have been noticed by the everyday football fans in SA and wouldn't have helped create more of a potential fanbase and given us increased exposure then you are incredibly naive.

He was 24 when we signed him and wasn't feted by anyone, he had to go on a trial ffs.
Everyday football fans will be cheering him on at POAK and drawing no connection behind him and us considering he never played a game for us.
Actually they're probably not even watching him there and are watching the Premier league cheering on United and Liverpool like football fans do all over the world.

He was 24 when we signed him and wasn't feted by anyone, he had to go on a trial ffs.
Everyday football fans will be cheering him on at POAK and drawing no connection behind him and us considering he never played a game for us.
Actually they're probably not even watching him there and are watching the Premier league cheering on United and Liverpool like football fans do all over the world.

A gorgeous, stunning but flat chested 26c page 3 model won't get as many looks as one that has had 34 DD implants.

Alleged Tottenham and Liverpool target Heung-Min Son is close to joining Bayer Leverkusen, according to Hamburg director of sport Oliver Kreuzer.

Wait, I thought his move to Dortmund was all sewn up? Or is this Hamburg just trying to start a last-minute bidding war?

I would have thought that if we really wanted him we would be able to pick him up ahead of Leverkusen... Players choosing Dortmund over us at the moment is no surprise, but Leverkusen? Nah...

Back