• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Someone had to do it... the positives thread.

Great to read all the positives. Glass half-full and all that. Todays game is already history.

Well done to AVB to seeing the some light with team selections and substitutions. Dont think too many can argue on those scores.
The going ahead in games is a double-edged sword. Its great that we are taken the lead in a lot of games, but worrying that we've blown 13pts from winning positions.

Although it didnt matter to the result. A littl disappointed we conceded a goal in the last 10mins for the umpteenth time this season.

Regards being another week nearer certain players returning, they cant come soon enough. But so frustrating none of Parker,Dembele,Ekotto and Kaboul seem to be near returning. Are we cursed?

I'm assuming it's fairly positive that I wasn't able to watch the match today.

I was watching in the pub and I walked out at HT and went to the bookies and won a few quid and went back and I enjoyed? the second half.

Bale could have passed to Defoe to make it 4-3 and at least it was not worse than last year.

We're higher in the table and closer to the top 4 then I thought we would be.

That was arsenals best team out today.

We won at old Trafford.

Dembele, Kaboul, Parker will be back soon.

Levy may swallow his pride and go for berbatov.

I was watching in the pub and I walked out at HT and went to the bookies and won a few quid and went back and I enjoyed? the second half.

Bale could have passed to Defoe to make it 4-3 and at least it was not worse than last year.

That could have been a massive goal. The crowd were getting edgy, a 3rd goal would have really set the alarm bells ringing

We're higher in the table and closer to the top 4 then I thought we would be.

That was arsenals best team out today.

We won at old Trafford.

Dembele, Kaboul, Parker will be back soon.

Levy may swallow his pride and go for berbatov.

But I sure he cant until next August. 3 clubs in 12 month rule?

I think most people on here have been reasonably positive after the game so far at least, hardly even a need for a "positives thread" :)

A lot of very good things to take away from that game, same result as last season, but a completely different feeling after this one personally at least.

Get Dembele and Ekotto back and I think we'll look very good again. We also have Kaboul and Parker coming back at some point. We made them look ordinary at best while it was 11 vs 11 out there today and I think we will again when the home game comes around.

We've played most of the big teams and 3 of the top 4 contenders away from home, no easy games coming up for sure, but I think we'll do well.

they still cant better the 5-1 at the Lane in 2008

Ar5ena1 =D>

No positives for me

Saw the defeats against City and Arsenal a mile off

Sadly, I don't think we'll get 3 points next Sunday either

We are in free fall

The main positive for me was the fact that AVB dared to play two strikers and also made a relatively succesful change to 3-4-1-1 at ht. I feared that he was a manager that would rather fail than change his tactical stance. Very happy that he seems to be able to adapt the formation according to what's at his disposal.

Now he just needs to drop Gallas and play Caulker or Dawson next to Vertonghen, then I'll be happy.

Oh and btw Chelski, Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Everton also lost against lesser teams.

lol, I honestly dont blame him for today, in fact the subs he made at half time were excellent.

Not just the subs. Mentally we were on the ropes at the end of the first half, couldn't get near them.

Second half we came out attacking them and thinking we still had a chance. Whatever he said worked, not just the subs.

Yep. The game was ruined by the sending off. I think many refs would have given a yellow. The Arsenal players' antics got the red card and I am proud of the Spurs guys today. Nearly every time they passed the ball a foot was left in by the Arse but none of our guys were rolling around.
Right, being as this is the positive thread I'm going to put a positive spin on your comments re Webb, I personally think that it was a straight red, reckless rather than malicious but a red nevertheless, I'm pleased that Webb didn't do the ridiculous "it's too soon in the game to send him off" thing, a rash challenge should be punished with equal vigour whether it occurs in the fourth or fortieth minute, and if that challenge had gone in on one of our players we'd have been crying out for a red and castigated Webb for being bent if he'd have left a gooner on the pitch.

So the game was ruined by the sending off (from our pov) but it wasn't a bad decision imo.

Moving on, lots of positives in this thread, brave substitutions from AVB that may have worked, even though we didn't save the game it gave us a look at an option we could use in the future.

A third of the team out through injury still to come back promises well, we just need to get back on track, a decent result against Lazio, winning in West Ham's cup final next week and we can put a bit of a run together.

Last edited:
11v11 we were the better team despite them being at full strength and us missing at least 4 players who would've played today if they'd been fit.

Exactly what I said to a gooner mate of mine.

And that will be the highlight of their season, where we've got better things to come. I believe that with 11 we would have won and with a full team we would have smashed them!

Back