• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Someone had to do it... the positives thread.

Hotshot-Tottenham

Edgar Davids
not a great day, but what can we take from it?

Lloris started, and will now hopefully continue. we need stability there, one or the other not rotation.

Carroll. is ready to play.

spirit - we didn't give up. undone by a silly red and two deflections for their 2nd and pretty decisive goal.

Dembele is a week nearer fitness. and one day, Kaboul, BAE, Parker and Caulker will also be fit.

we've now been in winning positions against Man U, City, Chelsea and the gooners. the shame is we only saw one of those out, but at least we're getting in those positions.

dont-feed-the-troll.jpg

Ade and Defoe actually look like an explosive partnership potentially - if we can keep them on the pitch together!

'Stubborn' AVB changing the way we line up
dominated the opposition when 11 v 11 - more so than i have seen in many years
Carroll looked good when coming on (by all accounts)

we don't have to play them ****s away from home again this season

For the first 20 mins, contrary to a few concerns, we did not get overrun in midfield with 4-4-2. Both Defoe and Ade looked as though they taking turns dropping deep and we were in total control. Granted it was only 20 mins. but still.

11v11 we were the better team despite them being at full strength and us missing at least 4 players who would've played today if they'd been fit.

For the first 20 mins, contrary to a few concerns, we did not get overrun in midfield with 4-4-2. Both Defoe and Ade looked as though they taking turns dropping deep and we were in total control. Granted it was only 20 mins. but still.

Yep. The game was ruined by the sending off. I think many refs would have given a yellow. The Arsenal players' antics got the red card and I am proud of the Spurs guys today. Nearly every time they passed the ball a foot was left in by the Arse but none of our guys were rolling around.

Bossed it when we had a full compliment of players and showed some real spirit in the second half. Lloris is a world class 'keeper, Sandro and Vertonghen are beasts and Carroll is a quality little player. Also, had goose bumps at 4-2, when our singing echoed around the stadium.

Only 4 teams have won more times than us this season and they're all in the top 4!

Nice one!!
Top four is still attainable IMO but TBH I don't give a fudge. I hope we can do well in the cups and bring some players forward.

You know what, part of me just wants us to love our club again. Sing loud and proud at every game whoever we're playing. We've lost something in the past few seasons more important than just results.

Back