• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Someone had to do it... the positives thread.

AVB for me is a big positive from this game. I know we are on a bad run, but its still early for him in his Spurs Career and we lost a lot of players so he needs to be given a chance. Before the Ade sending off i thought we set up tactically very well to take advantage of their weaknesses, Defoe was staying near Mertesacker to gain the pace advantage which lead to the first goal and also the way that Ade and Jermain took it in turns to come back into midfield and not let us get out numbered.

Sandro put his all into the game and is getting to become a dominant player for us.

The change of tactics at half time was brilliant, at one put in the 2nd half with 10 men we had over 66% possesion. You could tell at 4-2 they were worried. They started to waste time and we forced them back. Sadly if felt like they scored from their two chances.

Verts is excellent at the back. But he likes to play on the left side, and so does Caulker and i believe so does Gallas. Which is why i think Gallas is not playing so well on the right side.

I must say Arsenal showed that they are really nothing special; only our weak mentality allowed them to look good.
If we can arrest this current slide quickly with a win agaisnt the Spammers, the race for 4th is still on!

Glad that West Brom winning meant Arsenal are still reaching upwards to get to top 4; in fact yesterday was like their cup final; I'd rather lose like that now against them than in mid-February...more time to regroup and recover..

Positives? Sigh.

One game closer to January.

One game closer to Kaboul, Parker, Dembele and BAE returning.

One game closer to Gallas being gracefully retired and Hudd returning to the bench.

United away, City away, Arsenal away, Saudi Sportswashing Machine away and Chelsea at home all done with.

Points from those five games; 3. But they came from the least expected source.

And I got to drink and smoke myself to sleep yesterday with no one blaming me for it, for once. :)

I must say Arsenal showed that they are really nothing special; only our weak mentality allowed them to look good.
If we can arrest this current slide quickly with a win agaisnt the Spammers, the race for 4th is still on!

Glad that West Brom winning meant Arsenal are still reaching upwards to get to top 4; in fact yesterday was like their cup final; I'd rather lose like that now against them than in mid-February...more time to regroup and recover..

Most teams hit a bad patch and it is better to have it now rather at the business end of the season.

Last 12 games last season 4-4-4 16 points

First 12 games this season 5-2-5 17 points

1) AVB really impressed me with the way he set up for the second half. But for a sloppy concession of the 4th, we wouldve had them worried. Would Harry have been wise enough to change it up so quickly? Lets not forget last season we went there with a fully fit squad, with 11 men on the pitch and had the same result.

2)Despite everyones fears about Adebayors second season syndrome, one thing that can come out of the game is that he has the passion to succeed at Spurs, he would not have even attempted to go for that ball if he didnt want it enough.

3) Carroll, the kid looks comfortable on the ball and isnt afraid to play a forward pass.

4) Another derby at the Emirates that Gareth Bale has influenced, may have been quiet in spells but got on the score sheet as he did in 10/11 and last year won a pen.

5) We have now played Emirates Marketing Project, Manchester United, Arsenal away and are 3 points better off against this set of opposition than we were last year

6) We will have the experience of Parker, Kaboul and Benny back, this can only be more positive.

One result means nothing, we are more than capable of going on a run of games and fighting for 4th, its nowhere near over in November, we of all people should know this.

COYS

10 men down for most of the game
without a few key players
decent performance at the emirates
big win if this win convinces arsenal not to strengthen in Jan - we'll take them in the return game.

Back