• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

So, your final thoughts 2011-2012 season?

nice little reminder that we are still in top 3/5 in a season where no more than a month went by without something off the pitch! (riots, players in life threatening conditions, long court case, England mgr job)

many clubs would have been a long way down the league with such upheaval

puts things into perspective doesn't it.
still some humility would have been welcome. we were good, but we were that close. could we have done that little more, taken a little more risk on the books?

nice little reminder that we are still in top 3/5 in a season where no more than a month went by without something off the pitch! (riots, players in life threatening conditions, long court case, England mgr job)

many clubs would have been a long way down the league with such upheaval

Pity it all settled down, we were doing well while all of that was happening!

(Come on Bayern!)

Would have absolutely settled for 4th and awaiting the outcome of the champions league final back in August, and i would have ripped your arm off for it after the first 2 league games.

So i have to say i am satisfied, but what a lead to blow for 3rd place......and damn the Arsenal.

Decent for us. Another sad day for football not that the city fans who have supported them for 3 years mind.

good season.

fa cup semi finalists

top 4.

if you told me this beginning of the season i would have taken it without hesitation.

only thing is that now i have alot of "oooo so close, if this and if that .......shiiiiit. ah well...onwards and upwards"

good season.

fa cup semi finalists

top 4.

if you told me this beginning of the season i would have taken it without hesitation.

only thing is that now i have alot of "oooo so close, if this and if that .......shiiiiit. ah well...onwards and upwards"

Agreed. Whenever I look back on this season over the summer, the first words that will come to my head are going to be "If only we had/hadn't of...". It's going to be very annoying.

A season of missed opportunities, I'd say. I think we had a better squad than the red scum and played better football. We stopped playing our high tempo passing game just after christmas and let them back in it. Just have to hope that the blue scum fudge it up in Munich.

This season has confirmed my belief that redknapp is a fool and a nearly man and im sad at the thought of him managing us next season.

Apart from that im glad we are a little closer with the stadium and sandro is developing nicely, i was suprised at how well livermore fitted in which now gives me the belief that townsend can do the same and maybe we should be trying out a few more of the youth players, at least looking to make one a season a real part of the squad.

Will cheer on bayern next week and then have a break from football for a bit and focus on the cycling.

top 4 was the objective, but after Chelsea reaching the CL final we needed to push harder for 3rd.....we should have blown Villa away last week, our fault that we now have to play the waiting game

so kinda disappointed right now after the season being over

Back