• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

So, your final thoughts 2011-2012 season?

markysimmo

Johnny nice-tits
Chairmans Message

Dear Supporter

Today will see the final League positions of several Clubs decided, ourselves amongst them. We may, however, find that we still have to wait on the outcome of the Champions League Final next weekend to know in which European competition we shall be competing.

It is a mark of our progress and the quality of our squad that each season we now look and expect to be competing at the top of our game.

Once again we have seen football played at home and away which has shown our brand and style of play around the world and led our competitors to describe us as the most entertaining team in the Premier League.

We saw several of our younger players debut in the Europa League this season and several senior players listed in the industry honours ÔÇô and we were all delighted to see Kyle Walker win PFA Young Player of the Year,

Our squad has top players at all levels and we shall continue to seek stability and to retain key players this summer and beyond. We are a Club that is focussing on growth and moving forward.

This season has been one of progress for our Ladies team as they finished sixth in the Southern Division of the FA WomenÔÇÖs Premier League after being promoted last year and for the first time in Spurs Ladies history of 20 years they won the London Cup.

It was, however, off the pitch that we experienced some of the more remarkable and outstanding events of the season - moments of high drama and intense emotion which put a perspective on this game we love so much.

We witnessed our medics help save Fabrice MuambaÔÇÖs life and saw the true humanity of the footballing world as fans united on a night when shocked silence was broken by the inspiring chanting of FabriceÔÇÖs name.

Our young academy player Ollie Modeste fought for his life after an accident and is now well on the road to recovery.

Our manager, Harry, underwent heart surgery and a lengthy court case.

We are grateful for the positive outcome on all these matters.

This brings me to a further positive outcome we must now look to achieve.

Last summer, at the start of the season, a local Tottenham resident died in an incident which sparked riots on our doorstep and made headlines around the world. Our first game of the season was postponed in the wake of the damage to buildings and our focus swiftly became our role in this community and our position as the major economic driver.

With a commitment to invest in the area around the stadium from the Mayor and Haringey Council, an investment of some ?ú90m in land and planning by the Club and with planning applications granted, we are now pushing ahead with what is widely acknowledged to be the single most important development capable of delivering social change in the area ÔÇô an iconic new stadium at the heart of a true sport-led regeneration scheme, delivering new homes, shops, restaurants, jobs and opportunities.

The scale of demolition around the stadium should leave no one in any doubt as to our intent to forge ahead with this project and we shall devote our full attention and energies to it. Work is expected to start on the construction of the supermarket to the north of the stadium towards the end of the year. We shall continue to make best use of the new space the demolition process affords and to provide extra catering and entertainment during that time.

Your support for the Club is therefore now support for the regeneration of a part of London that is in desperate need of hope and new beginnings and a reversal of the sense of hopelessness and economic deprivation that has been here for too many years.

The Foundation has and will continue to play its major part and its concentration will be on increasing education and employment opportunities for the local community. This season saw two player endorsed and supported schemes launched - E18HTEEN with Jermain Defoe as a positive role model to around 80 young people in care from four different London boroughs working to gain education and employment opportunities; and Ledley King put his name to Skills, a project run at the newly-refurbished site in the centre of Haringey, open throughout the week for young people between the ages of 12 and 19 to take part in sports, extra-curricular learning and life skills workshops.

By the time you return for the new season the First Team and the Academy will have moved to their new home ÔÇô the Tottenham Hotspur Football Training Centre, Hotspur Way, in Enfield. The completion of this fantastic facility comes at the end of seven years of planning and three years of construction and fit out, costing ?ú45m. We are proud to have seen it come to fruition.

Speaking of proud - I have been so proud on so many occasions this year ÔÇô not just of our players, medics and all our staff ÔÇô but also of the manner in which you, our fans, have conducted yourselves and represented our Club around the world.

Your support is what this Club is all about and I know you will be giving the team immense support today for an all-important win.

Thank you and I wish you and your families an enjoyable summer. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Lane in August.

In closing, I should like to send our best wishes to Steve Perryman after he underwent heart surgery last weekend. Steve was a fantastic player at Tottenham for so many years, a real legend and one of the great players in the ClubÔÇÖs history. I am sure you will all join me in hoping he makes a full and speedy recovery.

Yours,

Daniel

Our squad has top players at all levels and we shall continue to seek stability and to retain key players this summer and beyond. We are a Club that is focussing on growth and moving forward.

So Modric and Bale stays - end of story ;)

Not really said with half the determined stance that he put out in last years statement. I fear for our big players if the worst happens today or next week,

Not really said with half the determined stance that he put out in last years statement. I fear for our big players if the worst happens today or next week,

It will tinkle me off if the same bunch of players who fudged up a 13 point gap to 4th come out with some baloney saying they have to leave as they have to play CL football

I think most of what he says in that statement is true. Which, in this age of spin and lies, isn't bad at all.

Not really the right statement to come out and talk about players not being for sale is it? Im happy with what i read.

would have liked him to have said we were going to focus on improving our squad this window but, all in all was a great letter for us and I wouldn't swap that fella for any chairman in the world. Bravo Sir! =D>

I've seen the retain players worded far more strongly in previous years.

But as he says stadium is most important thing, once we get that we can start thinking about big name players on a regular basis.

As we all know after Spookys gonzo-journalism, Daniel Levy is a true pinnacle of sheer evil with the looks of a nosferatu vampire. A vertically challenged vampire, but evil nevertheless.

However, his speech writer is a pure genius. Brilliant read.

Am a big Levy fan. WOuld have been nice for some v positive news in this, either re signings or a start date for building teh stadium. Probably too much to wish for that the timing of those and one game would have coincided

What a bunch of whingers. That is a thoughtful and eloquent statement from the Chairman, full of perspective and hitting the highlights of the past year's events, and a tip of the hat to an ailing legend.

The riots, the community, the investment in a new training ground, breaking ground on the new stadium development - a cogent reminder that the club is bigger than any particular players or a season's results, and is well placed for a long and healthy future.

Have I sipped the Kool Aid?

Back