• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

So, your final thoughts 2011-2012 season?

Yeah i see your point. i think also my problem is that i already get defensive on people's point of view without trying to appreciate them

i see what you mean in that you rather have accomplishment before anything else. in which case you would rather have the FA cup say than getting into the CL

i see what you mean , but in all honesty i was more concerned with finishing 4th if i'm honest. so i guess we wanted different things

I understand the importance of qualifying for the CL, the greater income and prestige and (hopefully) better players it brings to the club but do we want to be like arsenal? Trophyless for so many seasons despite what is it, thirteen straight years in the CL?

We have wonderful memories of our run in the CL but only because that is our one and so far only participation in that tournament. I wonder if an arsenal fan will look back on fond memories of yet another run in the europes top trophy competition or whether he'd have preferred to have missed out once in exchange for an FA cup win?

I understand the importance of qualifying for the CL, the greater income and prestige and (hopefully) better players it brings to the club but do we want to be like arsenal? Trophyless for so many seasons despite what is it, thirteen straight years in the CL?

We have wonderful memories of our run in the CL but only because that is our one and so far only participation in that tournament. I wonder if an arsenal fan will look back on fond memories of yet another run in the europes top trophy competition or whether he'd have preferred to have missed out once in exchange for an FA cup win?

The main plus points for me of the CL are playing teams we would never see otherwise - Milan (both), Real, etc and the better players doing so attracts - meaning we get to see more skillful players every week. Cup wins are great but they do neither of these.

its noticeable that Lennon is nowhere to be seen on that list!

Neither is Modric, funny you didn't notice that.

Lennon was injured for a quite a bit this season, and very similar to Modric is often very involved in the build up play of our attack without having to be the "last" assist, I would suspect a good percentage of the assists that Ade/VDV/JD have, the previous ball came from Modric/Lennon.

Neither is Modric, funny you didn't notice that.

Lennon was injured for a quite a bit this season, and very similar to Modric is often very involved in the build up play of our attack without having to be the "last" assist, I would suspect a good percentage of the assists that Ade/VDV/JD have, the previous ball came from Modric/Lennon.

I did note it but as you stated, Modders is more the ball to the main who sets up the goal. One of those players should be Lennon. He may well be the one that passes to the guy that assisted but as a Winger in our system you would expect him to get some direct assists too, and we all know he does not score enough goals as well.

What are lennons stats for goals and assists. We are berating Downing for his stats, so surely we must judge our own by the same?

I did note it but as you stated, Modders is more the ball to the main who sets up the goal. One of those players should be Lennon. He may well be the one that passes to the guy that assisted but as a Winger in our system you would expect him to get some direct assists too, and we all know he does not score enough goals as well.

What are lennons stats for goals and assists. We are berating Downing for his stats, so surely we must judge our own by the same?

Lennon cost us less than ?ú2M, and while he is not on the 10 or more lists, he does have assists for the season, Downing cost ?ú16 and got 0 assists. Big difference imo.

Lennon cost us less than ?ú2M, and while he is not on the 10 or more lists, he does have assists for the season, Downing cost ?ú16 and got 0 assists. Big difference imo.

i would say the difference between the two was astronomical.

we got robbed IMHO

To bring cost into it is just stupid. Gerrard cost them nothing but we still asses him by his ability not his cost dont we!

Some things you can't measure by stats. Lennon should probably get more, as should Modric, but both are so vital to the way we play. It was obvious to everyone how we struggled without Lennon.

I would say Downing is nothing like that to Liverpool.

Some things you can't measure by stats. Lennon should probably get more, as should Modric, but both are so vital to the way we play. It was obvious to everyone how we struggled without Lennon.

I would say Downing is nothing like that to Liverpool.

I agree with you, lennon is integral to our play, with his speed and ability to get defenders turning around. But I still think he should get more goals and assists. commentators still go on about his final ball and its true, its very hit and miss. his best cross is the cut back on the ground, but his crosses in the air tend to be all over the place. And he only seems to score when he is played on the left, but spurs fans hate to see that.

3 goals and 5 assists for Lennon this season. Thought he had more assists tbh, certainly been involvedi n a lot of goals when he's on the pitch.

I don't like total stats. They just show you have played a load of League games.

Here's Goals and Assists per minute

oiUTk.jpg

O/T: Word for Bolton...

I know it's been a little forgotten with all the Sky tossfest over Manchester, but a quick mention to Bolton, who I was genuinely sorry to see relegated.
I know they've had their critics, but that's mainly a spill-over for the BIGFATSAM days...
after the season they've had, and with the links our clubs now have, I'd like to say commiserations for yesterday, a proud Old Club like Bolton will be missed in the Top Tier (whatever your own personal feelings towards the likes of Kevin Davies!!)

After the replayed Cup tie, I saw a couple of Bolton fans outside the ground, and wished them well for the season, hoping they'd stay up...

sadly, my own personal soft spot doesn't extend to the money-obsessed corrupt version of the premier League we now currently have to endure... apparently QPR's 'project' is far more worthy of Premier league status than Bolton's... simply because it probably rolled over and allowed Emirates Marketing Project to win their title, in return for a big fat cheque that keeps Fernandes & Ecclestone in Champagne & disabled Man-Boy Hookers for another year!

I only hope Blackpool return to the premier League now... if only to inject some much needed 'old fashioned values of what a football club should be' to the Top Tier.

I despair of football sometimes, I really do!

I know it's been a little forgotten with all the Sky tossfest over Manchester, but a quick mention to Bolton, who I was genuinely sorry to see relegated.
I know they've had their critics, but that's mainly a spill-over for the BIGFATSAM days...
after the season they've had, and with the links our clubs now have, I'd like to say commiserations for yesterday, a proud Old Club like Bolton will be missed in the Top Tier (whatever your own personal feelings towards the likes of Kevin Davies!!)

After the replayed Cup tie, I saw a couple of Bolton fans outside the ground, and wished them well for the season, hoping they'd stay up...

sadly, my own personal soft spot doesn't extend to the money-obsessed corrupt version of the premier League we now currently have to endure... apparently QPR's 'project' is far more worthy of Premier league status than Bolton's... simply because it probably rolled over and allowed Emirates Marketing Project to win their title, in return for a big fat cheque that keeps Fernandes & Ecclestone in Champagne & disabled Man-Boy Hookers for another year!

I only hope Blackpool return to the premier League now... if only to inject some much needed 'old fashioned values of what a football club should be' to the Top Tier.

I despair of football sometimes, I really do!

=D>=D>=D>
Owen Coyle also seems like a decent guy, sad to see them go down, bloody hate QPR and to go down against a foy inspired stoke certainly says something. :cry:

Back