• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

So, your final thoughts 2011-2012 season?

Very sad to see them go, also they did get fudged over yesterday with both goals at Stoke. The first goal Walters just rugby tackled Bogdan into the net. The second goal it seemed a soft penalty to me as looked like Bogdan and Crouch's feet just got tangled

Bolton have been funded over the years by a multi millionaire, Eddie Davies, he has put in over 100 mill of his own money to keep the club afloat.

We have a terrible record up there, and its unbelievable how many empty seats they have at home games. Bye bye Bolton

Are you serious? a year of Owen Coyle does not undo a decade of anti-football, nor the copycats (see Stoke) that it spawned.

Add the years of brick results against them, I for one am extremely glad to see them disappear.

So agree with MK and Danish's measurements (I do something similar)

The measurement I don't get anymore is Spurs fans, the expectation level is somewhere north of stupid (and, yes someone will jump in with some quote about aiming high)

I'm going to leave some of the people who have been around with a thought, a season has ended, we have equalled our best ever finish in the PL era playing some absolutely brilliant football at times, and the only fan will to make a positive thread on the whole board is MK? wtf?

p.s. for those who don't know (and no offense MK), in the board before the board, MK was consistantly the most negative poster on the forum. The fact that he is trying to make this board see half full instead of half empty ... I'm at a loss for words, you truely are a sorry lot of unhappy basterds ...

COYFS !!

I'd like to prefer I was a realist 8-[ People claimed I was negative because I said that the team's under Jol and Ramos weren't capable of being top four (after Carrick left). I still believe that to be the case, and history proved me right.

It's pretty much the same stance as I have now to be honest. People seem to either swing to being ridiculously negative (e.g. Redknapp isn't good enough for Spurs despite us finishing 4th, 5th, 4th) to the positive (we have the team to challenge for the title). So dependant on who I am debating with will decide I am either positive or negative!

Right now I believe Spurs have the 4th or 5th best team in the Premiership (Chelsea, Utd and City are clear as the three best in my opinion) and I believe the difference between ourselves and Arsenal is minimal in terms of playing ability but Arsenal have the psychological edge due to years of being a competitive team.

In terms of where we SHOULD be in the order of things, it should be 5th/6th (along with Arsenal again) as Liverpool should be joining City, Chelsea and Utd in the top four based on fanbase, revenues etc.

To bring cost into it is just stupid. Gerrard cost them nothing but we still asses him by his ability not his cost dont we!

Ahhh . no

Carroll is a fudge up, not because of his return, but because of his cost compared to return.
You don't compare a Kia to a Mercedes without taking the cost into consideration.
Bentley/Bent were failures at Spurs because of cost, if both of them were sub 10M, it would be very different.

And Lennon is a far better player than Downing, younger, done more and will be playing at a higher level for the rest of his career. (Downing will get dumped as soon as it can be done without messing up dogleash's image, and will spend the rest of his career in bottom half PL clubs).

with Reading, Southampton and potentially Blackpool coming into the PL, football will be the winner....they all play the game in the right way

I'd like to prefer I was a realist 8-[ People claimed I was negative because I said that the team's under Jol and Ramos weren't capable of being top four (after Carrick left). I still believe that to be the case, and history proved me right.

It's pretty much the same stance as I have now to be honest. People seem to either swing to being ridiculously negative (e.g. Redknapp isn't good enough for Spurs despite us finishing 4th, 5th, 4th) to the positive (we have the team to challenge for the title). So dependant on who I am debating with will decide I am either positive or negative!

Right now I believe Spurs have the 4th or 5th best team in the Premiership (Chelsea, Utd and City are clear as the three best in my opinion) and I believe the difference between ourselves and Arsenal is minimal in terms of playing ability but Arsenal have the psychological edge due to years of being a competitive team.

In terms of where we SHOULD be in the order of things, it should be 5th/6th (along with Arsenal again) as Liverpool should be joining City, Chelsea and Utd in the top four based on fanbase, revenues etc.

Actually, with reflection we shouldn't be competing with Arsenal at the moment either due to their stadium and years of Champions League revenues. So sadly in the scheme of things 6th is the best we can get IF all other teams were playing to their potential.

Actually, with reflection we shouldn't be competing with Arsenal at the moment either due to their stadium and years of Champions League revenues. So sadly in the scheme of things 6th is the best we can get IF all other teams were playing to their potential.

the great thing about football is that its never so simple.

Look at Chelsea, all the money in the world, still some great players, but the chairmans obsession with changing managers on a yearly basis will be and is their downfall

eventually, Wenger's reluctance to buy top, ready now talent to replace the great players that have left and will leave will also catch up with them. Apart from Utd and City, the rest of the clubs haves flaws somewhere that we can exploit if we get our own house in order. 3rd place is well within our reach, we werent that far off in the end were we. In fact, its a shame we couldnt hold on to 3rd

half and half. They play much better football than under Allardyce but until this season we lost on a regular basis at the reebok.

I have to agree with this.

I'm fudged off with how our season went into a tailspin after such a great start, but this season has been incredible!

Some of the games:

United beating Arsenal 8-2

Wigan beating all the top teams

The Arsenal-Chelsea game at Stamford Bridge

I think La Liga has overtaken the premier league this season and the standard of our league has dipped somewhat, but it's still been immensly enjoyable and exciting as a football fan in general. The title, champions league places and relegation were all decided on the last day, can't really ask for much more than that.

It's been exciting but I never want to relive any part of it. Just want this cheatski CL final finished so we can finally draw a line under this season.

It's been exciting but I never want to relive any part of it. Just want this cheatski CL final finished so we can finally draw a line under this season.

From a Spurs point of view, I'm also glad the season is finished. This season has seemed like one thing after another.

That probably has been a very long time since it last occured.

The last time Spurs had four players on double figures for Top Flight League goals was in season 1963-64:

35 Jimmy Greaves
14 Cliff Jones
13 Bobby Smith
11 Terry Dyson

On the plus side I've seen some of the best football I've ever seen from Spurs this season, the good bit has been superb.
We got ourselves into a position where we were in a top 3 with a huge gap to the rest.
The bad side we blew it, lack of bottle, tactics, lack of rotation, loss of Dawson and Hudds, poor finishing, whatever the reasons, we came up short when the pressure was really on. So disappointing.

I only have one target at the start of each year, finish above Arsenal. Close but no cigar.

Here are the goals and assist per minute for Spurs:
NewPicture2-2.jpg

Back