• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

So, your final thoughts 2011-2012 season?

Depends on where we want to finish. I dont think that losing 3 home games per year is that amazing, particuarly as in years gone by we've also drawn a lot

Before this season started I was not looking forward to it... actually let me rephrase it... I just couldnt be bothered with this season. I wasnt excited. I wasnt enthusiastic. I just simply wasnt bothered.

Then the first two games occurred - that made my mind up... this season was a write off. I was demoralised. Wasnt happy etc etc etc.

But looking back - this season was the best season in my footballing memories. Its just been fantastic. Its been the best final day ever.

Brilliant season. In terms of quality, its been lower than in the past but in terms of excitement - It truly has been the best

On a plus point we can finally put to bed the goon notion that their win at anfield was the best ever end to a season.

So agree with MK and Danish's measurements (I do something similar)

The measurement I don't get anymore is Spurs fans, the expectation level is somewhere north of stupid (and, yes someone will jump in with some quote about aiming high)

I'm going to leave some of the people who have been around with a thought, a season has ended, we have equalled our best ever finish in the PL era playing some absolutely brilliant football at times, and the only fan will to make a positive thread on the whole board is MK? wtf?

p.s. for those who don't know (and no offense MK), in the board before the board, MK was consistantly the most negative poster on the forum. The fact that he is trying to make this board see half full instead of half empty ... I'm at a loss for words, you truely are a sorry lot of unhappy basterds ...

COYFS !!

So agree with MK and Danish's measurements (I do something similar)

The measurement I don't get anymore is Spurs fans, the expectation level is somewhere north of stupid (and, yes someone will jump in with some quote about aiming high)

I'm going to leave some of the people who have been around with a thought, a season has ended, we have equalled our best ever finish in the PL era playing some absolutely brilliant football at times, and the only fan will to make a positive thread on the whole board is MK? wtf?

p.s. for those who don't know (and no offense MK), in the board before the board, MK was consistantly the most negative poster on the forum. The fact that he is trying to make this board see half full instead of half empty ... I'm at a loss for words, you truely are a sorry lot of unhappy basterds ...

COYFS !!

Totally agree.

I come back and go on this forum and the first threads I read and saw were "the worst mistakes made" "who is to blame".

fudge that was annoying.

I have enjoyed this season, from a Spurs point of view. We were magnificent for the first half and couldnt sustain it (only natural). The only reason it was a massive point made out was because the poor run was towards the end rather than the start.

For the first time in 47 years...

Spurs have finished in the top six for three seasons running. This puts things in a little perspective. A bit gutted not to get third BUT historically this is our best period in almost half a century.

Spurs have finished in the top six for three seasons running. This puts things in a little perspective. A bit gutted not to get third BUT historically this is our best period in almost half a century.

they wont listen to you. the bigger picture is blurry to them

good post none the less.

we've hardly ever qualified for europe through our position before this period. nearly always via winning a pot

obviously in the 60s we'd have qualified a lot of years in a row if there were as many places as there are now.

I think it's funny how this kind of stat makes the really pro Harry fanatics think all is well when all it really does is gloss over the fact that we should've had a much stronger season.

No ones doubting that 4-5-4 is a great achievement considering where we've been the past 20 odd years. Not one. But the point still remains after two horrific collapses in the last 3 months of the season.

You can point to any match we should've won where we haven't though. Norwich at home just one of them but ameobis late equaliser when we should've Hung on, the stoke home draw, the Sunderland home draw etc..

so you wouldnt even take him as a squad player and wing cover? wow

okay then , who do you think is good enough for wing cover? someone that wont kick up a fuss about getting limited opportunities..or wont make lennon kick up a fuss you know what i mean

Whoever it is if they're cover they have to be able to play left and right. Petrov can only play on the left and he's 33.
Hoillet is the obvious candidate. Perhaps someone like McGeady? We already have Pienaar, Kranjcar, Townsend and GDS. Whoever we bring in Redknapp has to trust them. There's no point in having options like them if the manager is not gonna use them.

You can point to any match we should've won where we haven't though. Norwich at home just one of them but ameobis late equaliser when we should've Hung on, the stoke home draw, the Sunderland home draw etc..

Im sure we beat Sunderland at Home.

Stoke are better than Norwich, that was midweek just after Muamba's heart attack and we got a point from that game.

Im sure we beat Sunderland at Home.

Stoke are better than Norwich, that was midweek just after Muamba's heart attack and we got a point from that game.

Your right I did the OMT. For a team like us aspiring to get top 4 Stoke at home should be no problem.

but we did also finish like a train in 2010. winning 9 of 11 coming from nowhere to steal 4th.

i'll forgive last year. we never seemed fully focussed on the league understandably as it was our1st go at the CL. quite a few times we rested our big players before CL games. we were always just about hanging on in 5th and then fell away after the blackpool shambles

Back