• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

So, your final thoughts 2011-2012 season?

absolute disgrace that a billionaire has funded QPR's survival and poor old Bolton have had to suffer relegation

disgrace 8-[

Owen Coyle's a likeable chap, but since he won't lose his job I don't feel bad about being happy Bolton are gone.

Plus it makes Spurs life easier next season for travel if Blackburn/Bolton/Wolves becomes SCBC/Reading/WHU.

Maybe 5 years ago.

so you wouldnt even take him as a squad player and wing cover? wow

okay then , who do you think is good enough for wing cover? someone that wont kick up a fuss about getting limited opportunities..or wont make lennon kick up a fuss you know what i mean

David Wheater instead of Vertonghen too? Premier League proven.
LOL , i see your point
"premiership proven"..well he has played in the premiership yes, and guess what..i have actually seen wheater play unlike some with vertonghen. i think we can do better than wheater

wheater would probably be in the top 5 CBs in the dutch league actually come to think of it

Im actually sorry Bolton have gone, yes i used to hate them with Allardyce and his long ball percentage opta football. But under Coyle they play on the deck! that said I dont mind QPR staying up really, but had got over my hate of Bolton.

Good OP.

As usual my benchmarks are:

1: # of points from the 1st place
2: # of points from 3rd place
3: # of points from 4th place
4: # of points from relegations zone.

I can't be bothered to make a benchmark graph from the 10-15 last years, but from my benchmarks I do think it's the best season in numbers I've experienced

1: a mighty 20 points, credit to Utd and City
2: one, single, louse point. Feels awful but is brilliant progress
3: Par of expectations and a full 4 points in front of 5th
4: A full 33 points off relegation (eat your heart out, David Pleat).

Now, I still think we blew it. Circumstances fell our way and we blew it. We could have and should have done better. But even then - and even if Redknapp is such a naive manager as he sometimes do look like - we hit par of expectations.

There is potential for more.

Oh, and did I mention that we let in 8 less goals than Arsenal and finished 5 points off Chelsea ?

I'm more than happy with fourth, I would have been happy with that at the start of season, I suspected we were in a false position when we were in 3rd, 10 points clear of 4th. we'd been lucky in quite a few games when we weren't at our best and we'd played a lot of dross.

It's sods law that when we do finish 4th we can still have it taken away from us.

It's sods law that when we do finish 4th we can still have it taken away from us.

... AND that Arsenal have a stinker away against a team with nothing to play for AND yet that team makes inexplicable keeper drops AND ... AND ... AND.

Sods law indeed.

Overall a really enoyable season, despite our collapse.
Now we need a Silly Season that delivers better end-result.

Not with Kean.

For every team tha bounces ck there's bother that goes through the leagues. Look at Bradford, Leeds and Sheffield clubs

I've often wondered how much luck plays a part. Not so much refereeing decisions and injuries and the like but more playing the other team at the right time.

I'm sure some clubs must gain a lot of points just by playing a team when the opposition are in a bad run of form. i.e. playing wigan or everton at the start of the season when they are very slow starters over playing them at the end of the season when they both finish strongly.

I've often thought that the football gods don't seem to like us much. Take Chelsea for example. Do we get to play them whilst AVB is in his death throws? Of course not. We get to play them after they get rid and benefit from 'New manager bounce'.

There is no way of knowing but how different do you think the season could have been if with hindsight we could have moved fixtures to coincide with other teams poor runs?

Our Home Record...

Just looking back over the last 5 years in 95 home games we have only lost 17 in all with only 7 losses in the last 57 of those

2011/12 - 3
2010/11 - 3
2009/10 - 1
2008/9 - 4
2007/8 - 6

Not bad really is it, our away form was pretty good this year too, hopefully it will get better next season too

Back