• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

So, your final thoughts 2011-2012 season?

Tough to choose from 3 low points, Arsenal, Chelsea and City, I think i'd go for the cup semi, really need to start adding some silverware and was a great opportunity, especially considering it was the 5th semi in a row we've lost and the fact that in the end it wasnt even close. Very painful. But than again whenever i think of the Arse game i remeber the rage i was in for weeks after, and teh city game too for that matter.
Highs, nothing jumps out like you say, beating the Arse was sweet especially as at the time it really looked like we where above them at last.

The whole period when our form dipped - well results at first, and then form. The Arsenal game was therefore the low point. The scoreline against Chelsea was bloody horrible, but having been 2-0 up and cruising with a 13 point gap opening up..... to then go in at the break against the Gooners level with just minutes till half-time. That was unpleasant to say the very least.

High point - well, I have to say, not often that I've been as ecstatic about a result and PERFORMANCE as I was after coming away from Carrow Road. Still, in my view, one of the best Spurs away performances I've seen in the umpteen years I've been going regularly. I know, doesn't take much considering how tinkle poor we've often been over the past 20 years away from home, but bloody hell, when a mate of mine who regularly goes to Norwich games says that's the best he's seen for a decade there, there's got to be something in it. Yeah, OK, they've hardly been used to great football in recent times, and maybe his view will have changed after City went there and demolished them, but still.

And hopefully, come Saturday night, the high point will transform into being a place in the Champions League qualifier. The season ain't over yet!

Low points: The 3-2 against City. Everything about how that game turned out left a horrible feeling in my stomach. The 5-2 against Arsenal was also pretty shocking though I think that the City game was far worse because I felt that we were the second best team in the Arsenal game from the first second. The general collapse following the City game.

High points: Our recovery after August and the 19 or so games after that were superb. We played some great football. And finishing in the top 4 again.

Highest point: Leading against the scum. Everything was going our way.

Lowest point: Losing against the scum, beginning of the turn around and it ended up being a horrible, horrible game to watch.

High point: The win against Saudi Sportswashing Machine. Harry's court case had finished and the ground was buzzing as the "We want you to stay" chants rang around. It was against a weakened team but they were still one of the sides in the pack chasing us. The media were calling for Redknapp for England, but a lot of them were asking why Harry would even want to leave a team as good as ours. Everything was going right - title challengers and media darlings.

Low point: The home loss against United. This was now same old Tottenham, same old result. Impressive opening half before United started scoring with seemingly every shot they had. This was the day that the confidence I had in this team took a hit, and we duly won only one league game from the next seven.

Lowest for me was Bales lack of accuracy in the square ball to Defoe in the 3-2 bricky defeat. Highest point was thinking for a couple of month period that we may be getting rid of Harry.

Lowest point: Easily the loss to Chelsea in the cup semi-final. That was painful, It's never taken me so long to get over a loss like that one.

High point: Probably That great run we had at the beginning of the season after Adebayor and Parker signed.

you put a post down like that, and act surprised at the feedback?

I believe the internet response is

Bwahahahahahahaha

I put down a factual statement....the difference between a 'blip' and a 'collapse', and get told to support another team??

An entirely proportionate response to an outrageous suggestion. You would do the same.

Sorry sheff mate, last one fo now i promise

didnt we recover from this collapse you speak of? i agree though, it WAS a collapse but it looked more like a collapse of form , confidence and direction than anything redknapp did

Entirely coinciding with the England manager issue?? You are not that niave, surely?

I'm sorry but I really don't understand this thread, or others similar to it. We finshed fourth which was the objective from the off

We massively overachieved for a large part of the season with our 2nd-3rd place form then massively underachieved for another part. Neither should be used as a stick to beat the other with. If we had just chugged along nicely and finished exactly the same points and goal diff then we'd be partying like we did two years ago. Instead, some people are calling for Harry's head!

Realistically we should have finished 5th or 6th behind Chelsea and/or Liverpool - for fudges sake this is the first time we've finished above Chelsea in years - and I haven't seen one pundit who has had their post season predictions shown having us in the top 4

It may come as no surprise that I disagree with just about every word you have put.

Lowest point: That game at City. Never felt so disgusted with football. Have to say, i wasnt too happy after the Stoke away game either to say the least.

High point: They way we bounced back after our horror start.

Has any manager who has come out and railed at officialdom, ever achieved anything, apart from high blood pressure from doing what you asked for?
Personally I think it shows more dignity to not do so, like the saying goes, no-one likes a poor loser.

one mans meat, and all that

How about Wenger, SAF, Clough for starters..... even Pardew now. SGE got pilloried for not doing it.

Disagree. The pressure goes with the turf.

Last edited:
Lowest point: That game at City. Never felt so disgusted with football. Have to say, i wasnt too happy after the Stoke away game either to say the least.

Good GHod, how did I forget about that Stoke game. I've never seen that amount of decisions go against us in one game. We've had worse individual decisions given against us but the quantity in that game was astounding.

Good GHod, how did I forget about that Stoke game. I've never seen that amount of decisions go against us in one game. We've had worse individual decisions given against us but the quantity in that game was astounding.

I had not seen anything like it either, what was it like, 3 handballs on the line in the second half, kaboul off, Ade scored but goal was disallowed aswell...

The Stoke game was up there for me too. Just wanted to kick something after that. Absolutely ridiculous we didn't win it, let alone get a point.

Drawing at home to Stoke, and Wolves. Losing at home to Norwich. Losing at QPR. There is 10 points for starters. We should have won all those. Lets not even mention the Villa fiasco a week ago.

And if Redknapp was/is England manager material, he certainly should have been capable of that level and standard.

Did you go to the Norwich game?

All you're doing is the exact same thing other teams fans are doing right now on other forums, the difference is there list includes games they should have won against US. (hello fulham at the cottage 8-[)

Lows

City 5:1
Arse 5:2
Chelsea 5:1
Stoke robbery

January transfer window
England flimflam

Highs

Saudi Sportswashing Machine 5:0
Arsenal 2:1
Liverpool 4:0

Brief mention in the title race
Finishing 4th

Low: Media-handling of 'Harry for England'.

High: We saved 4th despite being perfectly able to fall to 7th. I don't think anyone should underestimate that feat, we could have collapsed so much more than we did.

Back