• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

So, your final thoughts 2011-2012 season?

A major role of a manager is to correct something when there is a problem. If its running OK then you nurture it along. Redknapp performed poorly in correcting the collapse....but the again, was he part of the problem?

Agreed that he could have done better during the crash. But AGAIN, you're still not giving him any credit for the amazing run in the first 20 games. 'nurturing it along when it's running okay'? It was running better than okay, and to suggest that he was only 'nurturing' it along suggests that we was simply maintaining the status quo; that we've been experiencing title-challenging form before he arrived.

I think we're all disappointed at 4th given the position we were in. And I'm sure that is what he was getting at. But it doesn't follow that we had the squad that should have had this wrapped up in advance!

The difference is between 3 or 4 points, max. Not 'far worst', in my book. Especially when they won the league! This is the problem with dealing with such short time frames - one or two results either way can change the picture considerably. And yes, Mancini has a far better squad. That is half the point. Plus, surely Redknapp also turned it around and as you aren't including the final 4 games in the collapse period?

1.52 points average over our 9 game collapse, instead of 0.67 would have seen us finish solidly in 3rd. 0.67 per game average is freefall relegation form!

Obviously we agree on Citys squad.

But Redknapp turned it round? Just after Hodgson is announced the new England manager, and Redknapp realises that he ain't going to get it, we suddenly improve. But he had the luxury of a home tie against the worst crud, in Blackburn, and we still struggled to beat them. And they were awful. A decent win against Bolton and then we colossally fudge it up against the shocking Villa, where a win would have put us in the driving seat.

I don't rate Redknapp as a manager, and never have. I have seen nothing to change my mind.

Redknapp's side now face stiff competition for third, which guarantees entry into the lucrative Champions League group stage, with two difficult away games approaching at Everton and Chelsea.

However, the former Portsmouth boss appeared undaunted, telling reporters: “We're still in pole position. I still fancy us to finish third.

"That 10-point lead has suddenly become four points and we've got some hard games to come. We go to Everton and we've got Chelsea away.

"It's going to be tight but I'd still rather be where we are than Arsenal. We're four points in front and we've still got a big chance.

"I'm looking to finish third, not fourth. I'd be disappointed if we finished fourth. I'd be even more disappointed if we finished fifth!"

I totally agree. I'd find it weird if there's a spurs that fan isn't disappointed. I'm gutted. But that shouldn't cloud our judgement of the big picture. Management should be JUDGED on the whole season, and the seasons before that.

i think if the manager said and thought that, then its only fair for the fans to also be disappointed at eventually finishing 4th after being in such a good position for most of the season. Its a disappointment to finish 4th, unbelievable, but there you go. Expectations are now higher than in the past.

1.52 points average over our 9 game collapse, instead of 0.67 would have seen us finish solidly in 3rd. 0.67 per game average is freefall relegation form!

Obviously we agree on Citys squad.

But Redknapp turned it round? Just after Hodgson is announced the new England manager, and Redknapp realises that he ain't going to get it, we suddenly improve. But he had the luxury of a home tie against the worst crud, in Blackburn, and we still struggled to beat them. And they were awful. A decent win against Bolton and then we colossally fudge it up against the shocking Villa, where a win would have put us in the driving seat.

I don't rate Redknapp as a manager, and never have. I have seen nothing to change my mind.

So you give him no credit for taking us to the cl with our best ever points total after a fantastic end to the season in which we beat arsenal, Chelsea and city?

Seems to me you're just stubborn and will ignore all logic and rationality in order to retain your anti-red knapp stance.

I think we're all disappointed at 4th given the position we were in. And I'm sure that is what he was getting at. But it doesn't follow that we had the squad that should have had this wrapped up in advance!

I think we had the squad last season to achieve 3rd. Bale? Modric? VdV? Adebayor? Parker? And a vastly improved goalkeeper in Friedel? I could go on. With our squad and especially with developments with competitors, I have not changed my mind.

The fact is 2 more points and this post wouldn't exist. After a collapse? Terrible season then!

You all need to fudging cheer up.

Not a terrible season but not a great season in the end was it?
Could have been, we were in a great position with two thirds of the season gone but we fell apart.
In addition the worst arsenal team since wenger took over are safely in the CL probably hoping chelsea win on saturday, all because we couldn't close the deal when it mattered.
Don't expect us to be jumping with joy for finishing in a position we were looking down at in Feb!

You miss the point on the scale of the collapse. The difference is only a few points, despite those vast difference in points average (because you are looking at so few games) and if it can happen the title winners, then why not the team in 4th? Very few teams average out their points over the course of a season, is what I'm saying.

We could also do the lost points game all day. How about just beating Wolves at home during the 'good' period? That would also have meant 3rd. It is just pointless going through it like that.

I don't rate Redknapp as a manager, and never have. I have seen nothing to change my mind

Nothing at all over the last few years?

So you give him no credit for taking us to the cl with our best ever points total after a fantastic end to the season in which we beat arsenal, Chelsea and city?

Seems to me you're just stubborn and will ignore all logic and rationality in order to retain your anti-red knapp stance.

As I have already said, I don't like Redknapp, I don't rate him as a manager, and I don't think he is right for THFC. A better manager would have done far better with the squad that Redknapp has at his disposal, IMHO. (If only Jol had this squad). Thats what I want. I never wanted Redknapp as Spurs manager and was astonished when Levy took such a risk on him.

I have not changed my opinion and don't think he can take Spurs to the level where I think they should be, which is winners, namely, at least, PL winners. Two late season blow ups rather vindicate that opinion.

Spurs have about 75% of the team to challenge for the title, IMO, but not the manager to achieve it.

I work with a few Bolton fans. So always have a bit of banter with them on a Monday morning. Did actually hope they would stay up this season, at the expense of QPR.

Yes, for years they were the awful to watch, but I felt since Coyle went there they had played a better standard of footie. As a Notherner it's a bit of a blow to lose Bolton and Wolves, (not arsed about Blackburn) and gain longer treks to Southampton and Reading,and no doubt West Ham.

Stoke did themselves no favour trying to shake off the 'Rugby team' tag yesterday. That 1st goal decision was a joke.

What do you expect it was Chris Foy at his favourite ground. fudging inept ****! His performance up there when we played them has contributed to us finishing 4th too!

Not a terrible season but not a great season in the end was it?
Could have been, we were in a great position with two thirds of the season gone but we fell apart.
In addition the worst arsenal team since wenger took over are safely in the CL probably hoping chelsea win on saturday, all because we couldn't close the deal when it mattered.
Don't expect us to be jumping with joy for finishing in a position we were looking down at in Feb!

Yup....thats the one!

As I have already said, I don't like Redknapp, I don't rate him as a manager, and I don't think he is right for THFC. A better manager would have done far better with the squad that Redknapp has at his disposal, IMHO. (If only Jol had this squad). Thats what I want. I never wanted Redknapp as Spurs manager and was astonished when Levy took such a risk on him.

I have not changed my opinion and don't think he can take Spurs to the level where I think they should be, which is winners, namely, at least, PL winners. Two late season blow ups rather vindicate that opinion.

Spurs have about 75% of the team to challenge for the title, IMO, but not the manager to achieve it.

Such a risk? Went from bottom to 8th then qualified for cl next season... I'd say the risk paid off.

Goodnight.

If we'd have given Ramos half a season we'd have gone down. I had my ST through the Hoddle years and believe me it was the worst football I've seen us play. Both sackings were fully justified.

Now it wasn't half as bad as under Graham or Christian Gross, my memory is shot but I simply can't recall us being THAT bad under Hoddle. I had my season ticket from 85 to 2004 prior to emigrating and TBH I think both the sackings of Hoddle and Jol were somewhat harsh. Paul Kelmsley seemed to be the main agitator regarding replacing Jol, and in fairness Kemsley wanted Redknapp then , but we ended up with Ramos, mainly thanks to Comolli and the rest is history.

Last edited:
Such a risk? Went from bottom to 8th then qualified for cl next season... I'd say the risk paid off.

Goodnight.

And we run back into the 'we were bottom' argument. We could have put Micky Mouse in at the time, after Ramos, and he would have done better.

Sweet dreams....

very sad to see them go, escpecially after the FA cup tie. It??s not the greatest club in the world, is it? I remember that James Brown song everytime they scored a goal years back, hated it! The ground is half empty most of the time..

If we'd have given Ramos half a season we'd have gone down. I had my ST through the Hoddle years and believe me it was the worst football I've seen us play. Both sackings were fully justified.

Are you serious about Hoddle? Teddy, poyet, anderton, Ziege, Carr, king and Richards and Davies when they were good! We were 4th at Christmas playing 3-5-2 and destroying teams, completely playing them off the park, including Chelsea 5-1(!) and getting to cup finals! Because of the age of the side we ran out of steam and were shot to pieces by Feb. the reason for that was hoddle was promised a war chest if we got to Europe, the easiest way to that was league cup so he bought players for a short term goal and we were les Ferdinand away from it working perfectly! As it turned out we lost the cup final, hoddle wasn't given the funds to overhaul the squad and we were left with an ageing squad, the writing was on the wall from then.

Seriously you should have tried sitting through Graham's era, after his 1st 6 months it was the worst side I've seen in 25 years by an absolute country mile. Losing 3-0 at home to league 1 birmingham and it should have been double that, was arguably the lowest point!

"Seriously you should have tried sitting through Graham's era, after his 1st 6 months it was the worst side I've seen in 25 years by an absolute country mile. Losing 3-0 at home to league 1 birmingham and it should have been double that, was arguably the lowest point!"

This..

Been spending way beyond their means for years and are finacially fudged. Coyle shown up as an average manager. Hopefully they won't be back for a while.

I think we had the squad last season to achieve 3rd. Bale? Modric? VdV? Adebayor? Parker? And a vastly improved goalkeeper in Friedel? I could go on. With our squad and especially with developments with competitors, I have not changed my mind.

Understood...BTW, had he
(Harry) shown he gave more of a brick, then maybe the players would've too during the elongated wobble. Has he ever, and I mean, EVER, come out and fudging HAMMERED officials after any one of the travesties of reefing we had to tolerate this seasons? Get in there, tell the WORLD how fudged it is, TAKE the 3 match ban and SHOW our players he's prepared to go out on a limb for them...but let's face it, he wanted no part of anything potentially unfancyful and has always put Harry first...

Back