• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

So, what happened today?

There was a long story I wanted to post about seeing a cashier in a budget supermarket berate an elderly lady for a minor inconvenience holding up the queue and me bottling up the emotion that would have lead to me being arrested for throwing a can of tinned tomatoes at the employee in a speedy impromptu actions / consequences workshop.

Instead of that convoluted story of feeling that an innocent old dear had been wronged and the guilt I felt for not standing up for her and sucking it up, I’m wondering about how double vinyl records don’t cost double the amount of a single disc (if that is the right word) record. That’s kind of odd isn’t it?

There was a long story I wanted to post about seeing a cashier in a budget supermarket berate an elderly lady for a minor inconvenience holding up the queue and me bottling up the emotion that would have lead to me being arrested for throwing a can of tinned tomatoes at the employee in a speedy impromptu actions / consequences workshop.

Instead of that convoluted story of feeling that an innocent old dear had been wronged and the guilt I felt for not standing up for her and sucking it up, I’m wondering about how double vinyl records don’t cost double the amount of a single disc (if that is the right word) record. That’s kind of odd isn’t it?

Is it because they are stamped, so either way the process is the same?

Let’s hope the cashier got home and found all her milk had gone sour

Is it because they are stamped, so either way the process is the same?

Let’s hope the cashier got home and found all her milk had gone sour

I’m legit not sure what you mean by stamped so sorry i’ve missed your point entirely! On that point I guess i’d rather people just have respect for each other even if there’s some kind of external pressure to rush people through checkouts, it’s not crucial to me who is getting remunerated for the exchange.

Edit - Ahh you mean the tinned tomatoes :Dyep I think I’m with you

My son checked in today from the wilds of Colombia. Well, a cool-looking suburb in Bogota. He's on a five-week ramble as part of his year-long sabbatical from teaching. It's the third five-week junket he's taken. The first was a solo trip by van camper all over Quebec and the east coast of Canada. The last one involved scuba diving in the Caribbean.

Really enjoying his travels in this fantastically scenic and, by his accounts, friendly and welcoming country. Far cry from the assumptions shaped about Colombia from the US media. He's been into all sorts of environments - desert, Andean slopes, rain forest, artistic graffiti-covered barrios and thriving urban centres. Enjoyed para-sailing, white water rafting, mineral hot springs, salsa dancing lessons and more. Meeting all sorts of interesting people, incl. plenty of Europeans.

Man, I gotta confess my total ignorance. Colombia looks incredible and inviting. I've been to Peru and always wanted to go back. A side trip is in the cards.

Wife spotted a rat in the basement. Her scream woke the eldest up. I now hope rats like sausage, as that was my best bet for the traps I borrowed from the neighbour.

It's a minor incident in the grand scheme of things, but I can't say I'm too happy about 2022 so far.

Wife spotted a rat in the basement. Her scream woke the eldest up. I now hope rats like sausage, as that was my best bet for the traps I borrowed from the neighbour.

It's a minor incident in the grand scheme of things, but I can't say I'm too happy about 2022 so far.

Update: Rats are not overly keen on sausage. I have now put large chunks of peanut butter on top of the sausage bits.

On top of that, some idiot scratched the entire left side of my car today, while trying to park next to me. Less than two weeks after we fixed a similar scratch, on the same side of the car.

FML. Can't wait for 2023.

Bingo
Very popular in my daughters class
In my sons year there was a cracking David Bowie… kid had his hair dyed red to match the outfit

@Baleforce thats a hell of an outfit I bet

Cheated, bought the Disney one. I’ve told him he has to say he’s a Mandalorian, not The Mandalorian, so he can say it’s from a book (plenty in the SW EU).

Bowie one sounds ace.

Back