• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

So, what happened today?

Lego just has to be one of the strongest brands in the world. Its a fantastic toy.
It is right up there brand wide globally
The company has generally a great ethos too

Something about Scandinavian companies getting the basics right more regular than most it seems to me

the English lad doing the Lego stadiums are very impressive

I remember creating my own as a kid but his are a whole different scale

I watched the Lego Masters TV programme/competition a couple of years back. I was amazed at what these people, kids and adults alike, could construct from lego. So much imagination (and ability). Incredible.

Not finding much joy in the world atm, went looking for a gift for my dad's birthday and third or fourth one down caught my eye.
What's happening to the world.
Did give me a chuckle though.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-11-25-13-32-52-29_b5f6883d2c20a96c53babc0b4ac88108.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-11-25-13-32-52-29_b5f6883d2c20a96c53babc0b4ac88108.jpg
    407.2 KB · Views: 19
It is right up there brand wide globally
The company has generally a great ethos too

Something about Scandinavian companies getting the basics right more regular than most it seems to me

the English lad doing the Lego stadiums are very impressive

I remember creating my own as a kid but his are a whole different scale
i suppose the only image issue they have these days, it is a big pile of plastic at the end of the day.

The reason why, in modern times, it's such a winner (for adults and kids) it is actually a product that can hold your attention span for more than minutes and gets you to live 'in the moment'. I can easily while away 3-4 hours with the daughter literally not thinking about anything else. It's a real switch off plus a creative outlet.

i suppose the only image issue they have these days, it is a big pile of plastic at the end of the day.

The reason why, in modern times, it's such a winner (for adults and kids) it is actually a product that can hold your attention span for more than minutes and gets you to live 'in the moment'. I can easily while away 3-4 hours with the daughter literally not thinking about anything else. It's a real switch off plus a creative outlet.

shame it’s become such a premium product

I watched the Lego Masters TV programme/competition a couple of years back. I was amazed at what these people, kids and adults alike, could construct from lego. So much imagination (and ability). Incredible.

Loved it! First TV show I can watch with my son and truly enjoy watching. :p

Anyone looking at any Black Friday deals and purchases? If so, what?

As mentioned few pages before am probably picking up a TV and new Sky package (Sky have some decent discounts on for Black Friday).

Amazon Ring stuff also knocked down quite well too.

I would personally stay away from the Ring doorbell, I have the hard wired pro version and it comes with a massive US transformer in it because they're too lazy to make a UK power specific version. It also doesn't film continuously and shows you the action before each motion (approx 20 seconds before they appear at your door) but because of the sensitivity if you have several events happening within a short space of time e.g. a couple of burglars scoping out your house within a minute then it can't process them and will only record the first interaction. The chimes you plug in your house so you get the doorbell sound when not at your phone are also cheap and break very easily (mine permanently flashes and needs resetting daily even though it's only 18 months old).

Also I find that I never ever use the functionality to talk to a delivery person, looks cool in the ads but for me it wasn't practical.

If I was doing things again I'd get a doorbell that films continuously such as the Nest ones or just install a security cam on the front of the house instead which would give you more options of where to place it for a better view.

Ring floodlight cams are great though - works perfectly in my back garden.

What i would say though it very rarely gets thrown away...handed down the generations or to some other family
Exactly. My kids have probably outgrown it for now but there was no way I was getting rid. It's all gone into the attic for my grandkids, whenever they start appearing (not soon I hope).

Bought some shares, made some investments. chge
I would personally stay away from the Ring doorbell, I have the hard wired pro version and it comes with a massive US transformer in it because they're too lazy to make a UK power specific version. It also doesn't film continuously and shows you the action before each motion (approx 20 seconds before they appear at your door) but because of the sensitivity if you have several events happening within a short space of time e.g. a couple of burglars scoping out your house within a minute then it can't process them and will only record the first interaction. The chimes you plug in your house so you get the doorbell sound when not at your phone are also cheap and break very easily (mine permanently flashes and needs resetting daily even though it's only 18 months old).

Also I find that I never ever use the functionality to talk to a delivery person, looks cool in the ads but for me it wasn't practical.

If I was doing things again I'd get a doorbell that films continuously such as the Nest ones or just install a security clam on the front of the house instead which would give you more options of where to place it for a better view.

Ring floodlight cams are great though - works perfectly in my back garden.

Agree the doorbell is definitely not as fast acting as the advert tells you, quite misleading, i guess it's more a deterrant than anythign else. Seen to many dodgy videos of people trying to get into people's houses or dodgy knocks etc and that's WITH the Ring doorbell.

I have the doorbell for front door and Floodlight Cam above the car on the drive. Again, not a total deterrant but makes me feel a bit better about things at least.

Today has involved work, wasting time here, sorting out some shares and funds investments and gonna go for a drive in a bit, fill some petrol, put my foot down and have a little spin.

4,560 I think
a6437b7278da0aee9f7b9b7fc173949e.jpg

i think they've invented lego slippers,how many times when you've woken up half asleep and put you foot on one then another then another when you go into the living room with a cup of tea!!!

I put a remote control bypass on my exhaust valve today.

Car now sounds like it was meant to when it was designed.
Pondered whether to do something on my X3 M40i, it's got a great sounding exhaust but they toned it down in the 2019+ models.

But at same time, i like the fact my car is a sleeper. People thinking it's not rapid and then it just flies.

Spent 5 hours last night in hospital with the new mini me, he had to have some checks as gave us a few scares, we think he's ok now. Lot of needles taking blood though poor fella :(

Today should be quiet for work as its Thanksgiving so hopefully not a bad one, gotta pick the new tv up. Should probably do something constructive like go for a run or something...

Spent 5 hours last night in hospital with the new mini me, he had to have some checks as gave us a few scares, we think he's ok now. Lot of needles taking blood though poor fella :(

Today should be quiet for work as its Thanksgiving so hopefully not a bad one, gotta pick the new tv up. Should probably do something constructive like go for a run or something...
Scariest brick in the world when a little one is ill. Hope all is well.

Back