• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

So, what happened today?

He is the head of state of 14 nations.
So that accident of birth means he's entitled to far better healthcare than his plebs? Probably a life expectancy of 10-15 years longer than if he'd been born outside of privilege.

50% of over 70s are classed as disabled because their health has declined so much, whereas others are permitted healthy ageing by the system.

So that accident of birth means he's entitled to far better healthcare than his plebs? Probably a life expectancy of 10-15 years longer than if he'd been born outside of privilege.

50% of over 70s are classed as disabled because their health has declined so much, whereas others are permitted healthy ageing by the system.

Yeah my parents are elderly and disabled and I look after them so won’t be taking no lessons from you.

The NHS is a complete red herring in this instance. Either it is funded properly or not and if is not then you need to pay more towards it.

It’s an accident of birth that people get better healthcare than others all over the planet.

Not to mention an accident of birth whether or not you have to pay for it.

The same accident of birth (and relentless voter stupidity) means we're stuck with the NHS instead of better systems like Germany and the US.

The same accident of birth (and relentless voter stupidity) means we're stuck with the NHS instead of better systems like Germany and the US.
Its what I never understood about the pro EU lot. Surely if your pro Europe you would want their superior health care.

I don't hate the NHS, but I have had to fund a lot of my own health care the last few years, I really think insurance is the way to go.

The US has BETTER systems?? Hahahhahahaha!
I'm sure we'll agree that their method of getting healthcare to those who cannot afford it is entirely insufficient.

But they have an insurance based system and the quality of care is therefore unrecognisable from that of the NHS.

I'm sure we'll agree that their method of getting healthcare to those who cannot afford it is entirely insufficient.

But they have an insurance based system and the quality of care is therefore unrecognisable from that of the NHS.
But Norway has a public healthcare that is on par with the private in the US, yet we spend about half per capita compared to the failed US public healthcare system.
This despite that we have a very expensive system, due to geographical and logistical issues, with many small hospitals.

And we still have room for massive improvement. Just shows that a well run public system is both very good and very affordable, for EVERYONE!

But Norway has a public healthcare that is on par with the private in the US, yet we spend about half per capita compared to the failed US public healthcare system.
This despite that we have a very expensive system, due to geographical and logistical issues, with many small hospitals.

And we still have room for massive improvement. Just shows that a well run public system is both very good and very affordable, for EVERYONE!
Norway has the population of a reasonably large city. It's not really comparable.

Had a lovely day today
Took little one Ten Pin Bowling, Pool & Air Hockey, she twice broke 100 at 8, her best scores ever
Then went to B&Q and brought some flowers, etc to start planting in the back garden
Never had our own garden so was awesome to start this today

Norway has the population of a reasonably large city. It's not really comparable.
It definitely is, because there are hospitals fudging everywhere, with intensive care, because of long distances/travel time. That is extremely expensive. Yet we mange to do far more for less cost per capita. That has nothing to do with population. If anything, that should make it more difficult and expensive.

It definitely is, because there are hospitals fudging everywhere, with intensive care, because of long distances/travel time. That is extremely expensive. Yet we mange to do far more for less cost per capita. That has nothing to do with population. If anything, that should make it more difficult and expensive.
Is your healthcare paid for (via taxes) by the government?

Population 6m?

Now tell me, how big is your sovereign wealth fund?
Big enough that the government are only allowed to use 2% of it to add to the ordinary budget. Yes, we are rich, but the healthcare system isn't only about money. It's as much to do with culture and a belief within the population, that everyone is entitled to have access to the same good healthcare. That and equal education is imprinted in everyone here, and is an unquestionable demand from the population.

Big enough that the government are only allowed to use 2% of it to add to the ordinary budget. Yes, we are rich, but the healthcare system isn't only about money. It's as much to do with culture and a belief within the population, that everyone is entitled to have access to the same good healthcare. That and equal education is imprinted in everyone here, and is an unquestionable demand from the population.
Due to compounding interest 2% is not even digging into it....quite the contrary.

I don't doubt the culture and belief... and if I was a government with that level of financial security I'd make damn sure everyone in my country has the best possible access to state of the art healthcare as and when they want. Not as political point scoring BUT the simple truth that human health trumps everything and I am (the gov) in the most fortunate position to be able to supply that with no pain to the countries exchequer.

Something this high on the list of importance, you should be demanding that it is of no cost to you.(tax or fees) I don't think you fully grasp your countries financial situation?

Of course scale makes a difference.

There are ways that I can successfully run my house that wouldn't work to run my city. My city to my county, county to country, etc.

The Norwegian system works well because
a) It doesn't have to look after many people
b) The wasters are weeded out with a consultancy fee
c) It's really, really fudging expensive

Back