• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

So, what happened today?

It's just supply and demand, nothing wrong with it at all.

It meant I could get tickets to the Taylor Hawkins tribute that otherwise I'd have missed out on.

Tip for Wembley tickets - always go for the Club Wembley tickets. They sell out much slower than the rest. Or go hospitality - I got AC/DC tickets without any of the fuss and they were less than the surge priced standard ones.
Lots of tickets left in the 200's (Club Wembley as you say) also get earlier entrance and later leave so better for congestion

On a Saturday I treat myself to a Greggs Sausage and Omlette Bap with a Latte Coffee.
The Gregg's is part of a small Spar supermarket. In front of the shop is a lay-by which accommodates 3 vehicles. I park up if there is a space, buy the breakfast then drive down the road 100 yards or so to eat it. I don't sit in the car in the lay-by and eat it because I'm considerate to Spar and its customers.

This morning a van was parked at one end and a Ford Kuga taking up 2 places with inconsiderate parking so that there was no room for me. Add to that the occupants were eating their breakfast.

I parked further on and walked past the Ford. The passenger window was down with a middle aged woman in the drivers seat, a tall 30 something man was stood by the passenger door talking through the open window.
I stopped and said....if you had parked properly and considerately I could have fitted in the gap !!

Guess what happened .

On a Saturday I treat myself to a Greggs Sausage and Omlette Bap with a Latte Coffee.
The Gregg's is part of a small Spar supermarket. In front of the shop is a lay-by which accommodates 3 vehicles. I park up if there is a space, buy the breakfast then drive down the road 100 yards or so to eat it. I don't sit in the car in the lay-by and eat it because I'm considerate to Spar and its customers.

This morning a van was parked at one end and a Ford Kuga taking up 2 places with inconsiderate parking so that there was no room for me. Add to that the occupants were eating their breakfast.

I parked further on and walked past the Ford. The passenger window was down with a middle aged woman in the drivers seat, a tall 30 something man was stood by the passenger door talking through the open window.
I stopped and said....if you had parked properly and considerately I could have fitted in the gap !!

Guess what happened .
They apologised? :)

That’s awful, I’m sorry that happened to you.

You should report it to the police, spar probably have the number plate on their security footage.

The conversation went something like this....
F Off and don't have a go at my sister.

I'm merely pointing out her parking is inconsiderate, no need to swear.

F Off, you are a c--t.

Oh you are a nice example of society today.

Then came the assault...he shoved me in the chest.

Out came my phone and 999 was dialed right in front of him. Reg number given, description of him given right in his face I didn't walk away.

Police came but too late, the couple had left. I was parked down the road and the police met me there.

They asked what I wanted them to do. I said if he had shoved you in the chest what would you do ? I answered it for them....you would arrest him !!

I said the man seemed mentally unstable and possibly has previous. I said you deal with it as you see fit. They traced the vehicle as local to the area. I think they will pay them a visit and have a word.

I await an update.

I am 17 plus stone and an ex boxer, I'm 63 though and this guy was maybe mid 30s.
I probably could have sparked him with one punch but kept calm, he probably had a knife.!!

Had an absolutely bumpin' night at a sold-out Trombone Shorty concert last night. Lead singer/trombonist/trumpeter/keyboardist Troy Andrews is quite the talented showman. First of two shows here in Toronto's Danforth Music Hall (1,500 cap.). Wife and I at the back of the floors - standing only - enjoying G&T doubles and bouncing hips off one another as they worked through popular tracks like Here Come The Girls, Backatown and Hurricane Season. Did a great cover version of Prince's Let's Go Crazy. And the room happily obliged.

I think prices also increase if demand is high - which for these kind of shows basically means ticket prices will skyrocket immediately after they go on sale.

Yeah bit ridiculous when you know the show will sell out, just a cash grab really. I mean £300 for one concert is ridiculous. You can get festival tickets for that.

You don't need to increase taxes to pay for the NHS you just need to prioritise it. For a currency-owning country like the UK tax is not how you pay for things. You can just create the money. Tax is only the mechanism to control inflation and even then it is a very crude instrument to do that,
How's that worked out for the last 15 years? The experiment in continual money printing has failed miserably (as anyone with even the briefest time spent in front of a book on economics could have predicted) - leaving us with decades of having to spend less and tax more.

Yeah bit ridiculous when you know the show will sell out, just a cash grab really. I mean £300 for one concert is ridiculous. You can get festival tickets for that.
You can always buy 4 tickets, sell 2 and cover the cost of your own ones.

Joined a nice little snooker club near me, had a good hour or so just remembering how to pot balls

Using my cue I’ve had for over 35 years too, still works well

How's that worked out for the last 15 years? The experiment in continual money printing has failed miserably (as anyone with even the briefest time spent in front of a book on economics could have predicted) - leaving us with decades of having to spend less and tax more.
Horrendous mismanagement of the economy by the Tories, I agree. They haven't a notion of how to make the most of the independent currency advantage. The idea that the Tories are the 'good for the economy' party is a galactic-sized myth they have somehow managed to keep regurgitating through a compliant media. They are good at lining their own pockets though. I'll give them that.

Horrendous mismanagement of the economy by the Tories, I agree. They haven't a notion of how to make the most of the independent currency advantage. The idea that the Tories are the 'good for the economy' party is a galactic-sized myth they have somehow managed to keep regurgitating through a compliant media. They are good at lining their own pockets though. I'll give them that.
You're right, this lot have done a great impression of a Labour govt.

So it's probably best not to suggest they print money to reinvigorate the NHS.....ah yes, all those lovely new tenders....I wonder who'll be winning them? :)

That's the elephant in the room, nobody in politics will say it cannot operate without massive increase in funding and that can only be resolved by massive tax rises or making it means tested with those above the limit paying for treatment.

That’s a harsh dynamic isn’t it?
For my recent shoulder surgery and subsequent physio I’ve gone private though my company scheme, which I pay tax on as a benefit in kind
Why would I accept paying more for the NHS?
What should happen to fix some of the issues is make private healthcare (which isn’t great IMO) not a benefit but a choice. So that companies offer it as a salary choice or salary sacrifice therefore taking the burden off the NHS

And the incoming labour government are doing its best impression of the Tories. So who will you vote for?
It's genuinely tough this one - more so than anything since Theresa May.

Ignoring election promises as not worth the paper they're printed on, I'd trust the Conservatives to know how to conservative more than I would Labour over the longer term.

The school fee stuff shows them for what they really are, despite their attempts to show themselves as a serious party. If they were to ditch that then I'd be right on the fence.

That’s a harsh dynamic isn’t it?
For my recent shoulder surgery and subsequent physio I’ve gone private though my company scheme, which I pay tax on as a benefit in kind
Why would I accept paying more for the NHS?
What should happen to fix some of the issues is make private healthcare (which isn’t great IMO) not a benefit but a choice. So that companies offer it as a salary choice or salary sacrifice therefore taking the burden off the NHS

It is harsh, but the vast majority of the population have only known "free" health care and many companies do not offer it.

Back