• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

So, what happened today?

This is meant to be a jovial account of what happened today so to bring it back on course, I went to the gym for the first time in ages today, trying to work off the holiday weight and click back in to gear with the diet / cutting out booze etc some people transition back to normalcy easily, I do struggle with it!

Light session, we'll see how I feel tomorrow, thinking of doing full body three times a week and swimming on the other days with one day of rest.

Good stuff with the exercise - but have to say I don’t know how people use swimming pools. Human soup and some folk are pure mulligatawny.

This is meant to be a jovial account of what happened today so to bring it back on course, I went to the gym for the first time in ages today, trying to work off the holiday weight and click back in to gear with the diet / cutting out booze etc some people transition back to normalcy easily, I do struggle with it!

Light session, we'll see how I feel tomorrow, thinking of doing full body three times a week and swimming on the other days with one day of rest.
Always one step at a time with exercise and normality (whatever that means)

I went for curry and some beers in Brick lane. Never been before. Good food but the drinking was not enjoyable

Maybe it’s me.. I used to be able to socially drink loads but it felt like a slog tonight and the lager wasn’t enjoyable

I have just started exercising again after my shoulder op and it’s been a GHod send regarding getting good sleep. Keep on going as much as you can I say

I went for curry and some beers in Brick lane. Never been before. Good food but the drinking was not enjoyable

Maybe it’s me.. I used to be able to socially drink loads but it felt like a slog tonight and the lager wasn’t enjoyable

I have just started exercising again after my shoulder op and it’s been a GHod send regarding getting good sleep. Keep on going as much as you can I say
What did you order curry wise ? And how was it ?

What did you order curry wise ? And how was it ?
It was a lamb saag
Honestly it was decent
I’m 47
Well travelled and yet have never been
I love British food.. which for me is a curry, pizza, pasta, some Chinese dishes etc (yes I’m being sarcastic)
But it wasn’t good. I’ve had better and I’ve had a LOT worse
I’d go back there with some of my country teams. They would love it
Never knew it was so close to Spitalfields and Liverpool Street. Both places I’ve been too many, many times

It was a lamb saag
Honestly it was decent
I’m 47
Well travelled and yet have never been
I love British food.. which for me is a curry, pizza, pasta, some Chinese dishes etc (yes I’m being sarcastic)
But it wasn’t good. I’ve had better and I’ve had a LOT worse
I’d go back there with some of my country teams. They would love it
Never knew it was so close to Spitalfields and Liverpool Street. Both places I’ve been too many, many times
Went last year for the Monet exhibition, brick Lane is ok. Very much on the tourist trail now.

Went last year for the Monet exhibition, brick Lane is ok. Very much on the tourist trail now.
I’ve never been before tonight
i was taken by a supplier
ive been going to London since I was 13 so a long time…
I love history and culture So this is perfect
but…. I’d never been as I say. Was enjoyable and different for sure

Good stuff with the exercise - but have to say I don’t know how people use swimming pools. Human soup and some folk are pure mulligatawny.

Fair point, but with a shower before and after + plus way I swim effectively ensuring no water is going in to my mouth / nose I'm not hugely concerned, even if people can be a bit grim as you say!

Yeah it works wonders for sleep ,mood + productivity. It's just getting in to the routine but not hitting it too hard, I did about 6 minutes of skipping a week ago and for the next days muscle wise it just sucked as I could feel something tighten up. So I am going low impact and losing the ego in the gym and literally doing a 20 minute session and calling it there. Within a couple weeks I should be able to get a bit more in but slow and steady for now makes sense.

I’ve never been before tonight
i was taken by a supplier
ive been going to London since I was 13 so a long time…
I love history and culture So this is perfect
but…. I’d never been as I say. Was enjoyable and different for sure
I am an antiques and small time art dealer based in Northamptonshire. History and culture is a large part of my business and I enjoy learning. I used to visit London 3 or 4 times a week but no more for various reasons. I am 63 now and still learning.
I have a 1960s print of a work by Monet and it surprised me, not typical of the norm, a street scene with buildings. It was a fairly early piece by him I think.

I am an antiques and small time art dealer based in Northamptonshire. History and culture is a large part of my business and I enjoy learning. I used to visit London 3 or 4 times a week but no more for various reasons. I am 63 now and still learning.
I have a 1960s print of a work by Monet and it surprised me, not typical of the norm, a street scene with buildings. It was a fairly early piece by him I think.
Did the street scene resemble anywhere you have been ?

Your not in Olney are you ?

Did the street scene resemble anywhere you have been ?

Your not in Olney are you ?
The title of the piece is Rue de la Bavolle, Honfleur......or similar. It depicts a street with shops and people. Painted in 1864 very early in the artists career, possibly the first year.
The print I have is framed and inscribed to the back, given as a wedding present in 1961.
I know Olney very well and visit fairly regularly usually on the way to MK. I live in Raunds close to Rushden.

Last edited:
The title of the piece is Rue de la Bavolle, Hornfleur......or similar. It depicts a street with shops and people. Painted in 1864 very early in the artists career, possibly the first year.
The print I have is framed and inscribed to the back, given as a wedding present in 1961.
I know Olney very well and visit fairly regularly usually on the way to MK. I live in Raunds close to Rushden.
I think you mean Honfleur?

Another beautiful and favourite spot of mine...whether your sailing or overnighting to then catch the ferry back the next day. Tres Jolie!

The title of the piece is Rue de la Bavolle, Honfleur......or similar. It depicts a street with shops and people. Painted in 1864 very early in the artists career, possibly the first year.
Just down the road from me then😀
We have a lot of spurs fans that get the train from Kettering

Got circumcised this afternoon.

Apparently very common procedure for older gentleman. Guy doing it said he does 400 a year which is mad. Asked me before if I was any medication. Haha took 5 minutes to go through all my pills.

Was worse thinking about it then the actual procedure. Now off to the pub, got Tanya to make chef do toad in the whole for dinner. Its one of my favourites.

Back