• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Sick sick world what is wrong with people

While I'm not saying a deeper layer doesn't exist, son of a copper so I have my own thoughts, his "self-harm" is covered by laws now that we never had years back until people started crying about "think of the prisoners" and "just because he took a life doesn't mean we should disrespect theirs" hence why they now have to be along the lines of "oh, they might hurt themselves so we should be nice" gonad*s.

The real deeper issue is society in all walks of life and stature has some weird fudged up individuals who are prone to kill for no reason or just for kicks and we have had this throughout all of history and until we can work out how to spot this in people it will continue to happen to woman, man and child.

Technology now is thousands times better than before, will still be cases of the wrong person mind, but if there were harsher pelanties for such crimes then we may just see a lessening of them - nowadays people can do anything and the repercussions are next to fudge all.. Eye for an eye and all that, fudge em.

Totally agree and better then my ramblings on the subject.

That's you.

What have her parents said? If it was my daughter I'd want everyone out and screaming about it. There are many clams out there who think it is OK to abuse women in all manner of ways. Members of my family have suffered.

One time, my missus had to regularly walk by a driving depot en. route to work and got whistled and verbally propositioned several times. I went down, stood in the forecourt and told them all, loudly, to stop or there'd be trouble. Being tossERS they stopped. More people need to stand up and shout about this brick. Be great if more men did to, you know, proper men.

My girlfriend was raped in 1992 by a close acquaintence of hers. She told me this in the presence of that person. I‘ve felt the shock of that and the immediate instinct to react without restraint. However she explained her reasoning for and made me promise that there was not to be any physical reprisals, I’ve never been able to deal with it. She is now a very senior police officer.

I’m not sure what a proper man is, I’m sure I’m not. But she is a proper woman GHod bless her.

My girlfriend was raped in 1992 by a close acquaintence of hers. She told me this in the presence of that person. I‘ve felt the shock of that and the immediate instinct to react without restraint. However she explained her reasoning for and made me promise that there was not to be any physical reprisals, I’ve never been able to deal with it. She is now a very senior police officer.

I’m not sure what a proper man is, I’m sure I’m not. But she is a proper woman GHod bless her.

I have replied off-list/sent you a PM. I'd appreciate it if you read it. I explain what a "proper man" is and I relate to our situation (not a phrase I use casually). Bless her indeed and bless all women, who continually put up with flimflam.

There he is, hiding behind the curtain of sarcasm. Why don't you say what you mean?!
Genuinely, water cannon them.

Public displays of emotion disgust me. That kind of thing should be private - I don't want them getting their grief all over me.

Genuinely, water cannon them.

Public displays of emotion disgust me. That kind of thing should be private - I don't want them getting their grief all over me.
Well, you'll be delighted that all forms of protest will effectively be banned in the UK come Monday because of the new police bill. Sounds a bit authoritarian to me.

Well, you'll be delighted that all forms of protest will effectively be banned in the UK come Monday because of the new police bill. Sounds a bit authoritarian to me.
I don't believe a bill against protesting is right, just one that stops protesting that gets in the way of real people.

This wasn’t a protest, it was a vigil, I’m not sure on what grounds there was a mass police presence in the first place.

It looks terrible for the police because it is, when people show you who they are believe them.

We are on a dangerous path to authoritarianism with this government.

I don't believe a bill against protesting is right, just one that stops protesting that gets in the way of real people.
Wait! Are you telling me some of the people are not real? Are we talking androids or lizards?

The language in this bill is vague enough that it really could be used to crack down on any protest based on the whim of the police. And as last night shows maybe their judegment is a little out of whack on occasion. Protests are the voice of the unheard so I guess the top of the hieracy wants them to remain unheard. It is just another step taken down the road to illiberalism.

Wait! Are you telling me some of the people are not real? Are we talking androids or lizards?

The language in this bill is vague enough that it really could be used to crack down on any protest based on the whim of the police. And as last night shows maybe their judegment is a little out of whack on occasion. Protests are the voice of the unheard so I guess the top of the hieracy wants them to remain unheard. It is just another step taken down the road to illiberalism.
The ones who can spend their days walking around getting in everyone's way instead of going to work aren't real. They're burdens.

I used to drink in a few of the bars alongside it fairly regularly.

If I did would that be a problem?

People holding a vigil on Clapham Common "gets in the way of real people". How? If you were cruising the common and the vigil was being held at the tree you normally frequent then maybe you'd have a point.

Yeah, women coming out in solidarity for other women really are tiresome. Much like black people, gays etc.
I have no issue with that, it's the public grief that I find sickening. As I already said - I don't want them getting their grief all over me.

Make it happen in the North, take all the press attention away and I no longer care.

The ones who can spend their days walking around getting in everyone's way instead of going to work aren't real. They're burdens.
Oh I see. You mean real people are those who should know their place.
EwbKlhzW8AAbGRP

The Police, as always, are in a no win situation. The organisers of the vigil were told last week that they could not hold it because of the precarious situation with covid. They said they would switch to a candle light vigil. Then you get the situation where people turn up in a large crowd.

I can only speak for myself, but when I was a police officer there was nothing I hated more than violence to women. Now I work in public health, I have seen the devastation covid has wrought on our communities. My colleagues regularly knock on doors of people notified by the test and trace system to find that the person they are looking for has died. It’s been incredibly harrowing. Children have only just returned to school, livelihoods are shut down.

No one wants to stop people’s right to protest especially on such an important, sensitive matter. But a vigil could be held in a few weeks when the situation is safer. These decisions are not as black and white as some people think. The politicians and the mayor piling into the Police are out of order.

I have replied off-list/sent you a PM. I'd appreciate it if you read it. I explain what a "proper man" is and I relate to our situation (not a phrase I use casually). Bless her indeed and bless all women, who continually put up with flimflam.

Thank you Steff.

People holding a vigil on Clapham Common "gets in the way of real people". How? If you were cruising the common and the vigil was being held at the tree you normally frequent then maybe you'd have a point.
That was more a comment about my dislike of most protests - they usually happen in the centre of London and get in everyone's way.

My concern with this event is the public outpouring of grief. Probably a little difficult for millennials to understand just how ridiculous it is for everyone else.

Back