• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Shane Long

He wasn't just sitting next to him. Jesus Perez was sitting the other side of him. The three of them were definitely at the game together. The only other player Dolan represents is Kevin Doyle.

CjfLsOsWEAA1VCr.jpg

Isn't that Paul Mitchell on the other side next to Poch?

Anyway, Shane fricken Long?

WTF?

I wouldn't mind Long for the right price if there was no better option on the table. He has a couple of good seasons left in him I would think. He is not a like for like for Kane but then who is. What he does have is pace in abundance, a willingness to chase everything down. He would seem perfect for the Poch game really.

His goal scoring stats are not great, about 1 in 4, but since he moved to Southampton that has improved a bit to about 2 in 5. And to be fair a lot of those appearances were from the sub bench.

Oh and he scored 2 against Arsenal on boxing day. That's a few brownie points from the get go.

More likely we were looking to add to our Dutch contingent. They just happened to have a chat, which is part of the game.

Levy will never sanction a big money move for a 30 year old and Southampton don't sell their players for peanuts.

This is why Levy doesn't give too much power to his head coaches. Dear oh dear

The only hope is that Dolan being a friend of Poch and Mitchell and he gave them tickets to be able to watch other players of interest like Vincent Jansen in particular. AZ Alkmaar striker who had a fantastic season

Im clutching at straws though.

The only hope is that Dolan being a friend of Poch and Mitchell and he gave them tickets to be able to watch other players of interest like Vincent Jansen in particular. AZ Alkmaar striker who had a fantastic season

Im clutching at straws though.

I've always liked Shane Long but there is zero chance that Levy will sign him given his age, re-sale value and likely fee. If we genuinely want to establish ourselves as a top 4 team, we should also be aiming higher particularly with the carrot of CL football next season

Shane Longs a good player and Southampton fans seem to rate him really highly - I doubt he's the reason they were at the game together though but I think those dismissing him as a player are wrong to do so

Janssen was the top scorer in the Eredivisie last season with 27 goals at just 21 years old, and a new, young centre-forward is of priority to Spurs this summer.

Sources in the Netherlands have told Sky Sports News HQthat Janssen is of interest to a number of Premier League clubs, with Tottenham and Leicester among them, and Janssen is keen on a move to England.

Pochettino, Perez and Mitchell were pictured sitting with Southampton striker Shane Long's agent Pat Dolan, whom they all know well and looks after a number of Republic of Ireland players.

But they were primarily there to watch Janssen, who is a target for Spurs along with the Marseille striker Michy Batshuayi, whom Mitchell recently watched in the French Cup final, and Bournemouth's Callum Wilson.

Sky sources understand that Spurs also want to bolster further attacking-midfield, defensive-midfield and centre-back options in the next transfer window and the Dutch national team have other talented young players including Ajax midfielder Riechedly Bazoer.

I really like Long, would be perfect for us, a narky little fudger who doesn't stop moving, just what we need

Reactions: DTA
Leicester should be all over that.

Re: Jansen. Is he any good? Or just top goalscorer? Remember Alfonso alves!?

You really have to question the Eredivisie based on the brick strikers that have been top scorer there.
His record last season was a goal every 102 minutes in the League but only a goal every 202 minutes in the Europa League.

Long would be perfect sub for Harry. Change it up a bit and with his pace and work rate against tired defenders would be productive.

Sky sources understand that Spurs also want to bolster further attacking-midfield, defensive-midfield and centre-back options in the next transfer window and the Dutch national team have other talented young players including Ajax midfielder Riechedly Bazoer.

Mum & Dad were having a laugh there, weren't they?

Not enough goals in his game if we are going to play him and rest Kane.

We'll be lucky to have a second/third choice striker who is as prolific as our first choice. I think that Long is a decent player, whose game would be a good fit for a Poch side. He would not be my first choice but I would not be unhappy if we signed him.

Shane Longs a good player and Southampton fans seem to rate him really highly - I doubt he's the reason they were at the game together though but I think those dismissing him as a player are wrong to do so

SaintsWeb are positively amazed that anyone would want him whatsoever. I'm inclined to agree with their incredulous reaction; if Shane Long's what we're looking at in a summer when nearly every club is looking to pull off massive signings with their TV money, we've already thrown in the towel on a whole lot of players people generally assumed we'd be looking to acquire above the likes of Long.

He's a decent, hard-working, fast player. I wouldn't mind him here. But he's technically limited, can't pass more than 5 yards to save his life, misses about 4 out of every 5 chances (going by SaintsWeb), and will hardly improve given his age. If we're desperate, I wouldn't mind him one bit. But I was sort of hoping that this summer wouldn't see us being desperate.

SaintsWeb are positively amazed that anyone would want him whatsoever. I'm inclined to agree with their incredulous reaction; if Shane Long's what we're looking at in a summer when nearly every club is looking to pull off massive signings with their TV money, we've already thrown in the towel on a whole lot of players people generally assumed we'd be looking to acquire above the likes of Long.

He's a decent, hard-working, fast player. I wouldn't mind him here. But he's technically limited, can't pass more than 5 yards to save his life, misses about 4 out of every 5 chances (going by SaintsWeb), and will hardly improve given his age. If we're desperate, I wouldn't mind him one bit. But I was sort of hoping that this summer wouldn't see us being desperate.

Can't say Im familiar with Saints Web but their fans on a mixed board I read have been talking him up all season

Back