• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Shane Long

Southampton must be going to shift a striker now Austin has been signed. I quite like Pelle and Long, both decent players, but considering the attributes of each player you'd have to guess that Pelle is the more likely of the two to make way.

Always felt Long was underrated as a squad player. I think we can do better long-term, but for now, as a squad player, he would be very useful IMO. Workmate is tremendous, scores, likes to take a pop, a thorn to others. Only question for me is whether he can rotate easily as part of a fluid 4. But of any options right now in the Prem, he is the one who could probably work/give Harry a rest. More than Perez. Have to agree, chances of getting him are feck all.

Always felt Long was underrated as a squad player. I think we can do better long-term, but for now, as a squad player, he would be very useful IMO. Workmate is tremendous, scores, likes to take a pop, a thorn to others. Only question for me is whether he can rotate easily as part of a fluid 4. But of any options right now in the Prem, he is the one who could probably work/give Harry a rest. More than Perez. Have to agree, chances of getting him are feck all.

Plus, doing business of any kind with 'SCBC' isn't exactly appealing. Alex Ferguson once said that he wouldn't sell Real a virus if he could help it: seeing the same extended to cover transactions both ways between us and Soton would suit me just fine.

I agree that his workrate is first class but he does not score enough (38 goals in 191 games) is poor for a striker, I think it would be a poor buy and not the type of move Poch will do ( imo).

I thought Pelle was the one that was going to be moved on? 31 in July and 18 months left on his contract.

Son also works very hard. And he seems to score more goals... Not as physical as Long, but other than that I fail to see any aspect where Long is superior? Whereas to me Son seems quite a lot better on the ball.

Apparently Liverpooh had £6.5m turned down, don't see how they will fit him in with Benteke, Sturridge, Firmino and Caulker as their strikers.

Apparently Liverpooh had £6.5m turned down, don't see how they will fit him in with Benteke, Sturridge, Firmino and Caulker as their strikers.
..and don't forget Ings and Origi. Ridiculous buying another striker when you have so many already on the books.

Back