• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Sh1t Holes

incorrect, Liverpool was the European capital of culture... Hull is the UK city of culture. Different awards.

I have lived in both. Both are ****holes at the **** end of nowhere.

Wow, so two different panels are that stupid? Or is it just one of those things where it's everyone's turn to win once?

Maybe we should offer the Miss World award to Susan Boyle?

They are both awarded to the city/place which would benefit most from mass regeneration and influx of visitors.

Both cities are at opposite ends of the M62 and suffer the same problems; ex ports, lots of unemployment, poverty, social division and brownfield sites. As a planner it was great the live in Liverpool whilst it under went massive regeneration.

Unfortunately, regeneration in this country generally involves building shopping centres.... To be fair to these awards, they do try and encourage regeneration through different tools. Its generally referred to a cultural regeneration... You may have noticed the new fad of 'cultural quarters' in many cities.

As a result of the capital of culture status Liverpool is fairly well connected now to Europe through rail and air links.

I believe your right Eric, these type of awards have helped both Liverpool and Glasgow improve their international status and enhance the lifestyle of their population, I'm all for anything that tries to stop the wave of macaronic behaviour.

Back