• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Sh1t Holes

Re: brick Holes

Surprised no one has mentioned Tottenham. My In laws live a stone's throw from the ground, last year a young lad was found dead outside their front door, the thing was it didn't even seem like major news to them, stabbings and shootings are a regular occurrence. More recently east european gyppos roam the streets going through bins for things they can salvage. Great team obviously but crap place.

Ive lived in Tottenham and Algeria.
Tottenham all day long, Algeria`s a dump with nice beaches.
And more sand than even the biggest bucket can carry.

Hmmmm.

The fact that Winchester and Windsor are on there (two of the nicest places I've ever been) suggest that there's plenty of reverse snobbery in that voting.

I've read similar things online about Chichester - "It's full of snobs and everyone looks down at you....." - no doubt written by someone who turned up in a tracksuit and baseball cap.

Isn't saying 'no doubt' the person who wrote those things a wild overgeneralisation on your part?

Is there also something wrong with people who wear tracksuits and baseball caps?

For your information, I used to live in Chichester. I have read various comments of the kind you have quoted and I agree with them to a very large degree.

Isn't saying 'no doubt' the person who wrote those things a wild overgeneralisation on your part?

Is there also something wrong with people who wear tracksuits and baseball caps?

For your information, I used to live in Chichester. I have read various comments of the kind you have quoted and I agree with them to a very large degree.

Case closed.

200px-TonyPulis.jpg

Yes

Yes

Do you own a "going out" tracksuit?
;)

We may disagree on Liverpool but there'll always be common ground in hating Coventry \o/

Is there a term worse than brick hole for a place? If there is, Coventry deserves it. Find it odd that 6 or 7 miles out of Coventry you find some really nice countryside-y places...

Since I'll be there in three weeks, the mighty Motor City - Detroit, Michigan.

Stunning levels of neglect, decay and racially-motivated spite. Decades of irreversible decline.

Got lost in fog there one night looking for the sanctuary of the Detroit Tunnel and safety in Canada. Finally found a lit petrol station with a shop next door featuring a big sign saying 'Liquor. Party Supplies. Guns.'

The station attendant in a bulletproof booth pointed the way back to the Tunnel and told us to 'Git goin'. They shoot white boys like you for fun around here. And they'll beat the hell outta me for even talking to you.'

Last edited:

Can I add Naples to the list?

What an utter hole of a city. Due to a disagreement between the government and the mafia-owned unions the motorway that allows you to avoid it has been closed (or reduced to one lane) for years too.

We last went through there a year ago, on a weekday morning in the middle of tourist season and everything was shut. I've never seen a place like it.

We may disagree on Liverpool but there'll always be common ground in hating Coventry \o/

Is there a term worse than brick hole for a place? If there is, Coventry deserves it. Find it odd that 6 or 7 miles out of Coventry you find some really nice countryside-y places...

One of the up sides of working on the railway is that you get to realise that even the grimmest towns have some lovely places not far outside them as soon as the line goes semi-rural. I'm currently working in between Northampton and Rugby but some of the villages along the way are little havens.

Can I add Naples to the list?

What an utter hole of a city. Due to a disagreement between the government and the mafia-owned unions the motorway that allows you to avoid it has been closed (or reduced to one lane) for years too.

We last went through there a year ago, on a weekday morning in the middle of tourist season and everything was shut. I've never seen a place like it.

My family is from Naples (Avellino to be precise). Camorra have a stronghold of the area, shops have to pay protection money to this day and the garbage collection saga is an example of how much power they have. Real shame as the pizza there is some of the best you'll ever find. Ice-cream also is right up there as some of the best. Having said that there are some nice parts and if you like the traditional markets and way of life you can find it there. There are however also some areas the police do not dare to visit so knowing where you are going is a must.

Last edited:
Back