• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Server move

Good work on the upgrade.
Is the new site compatible with Tapatalk? Not loading for me on there. Have logged out and then tried to log back in, but won’t let me login again on there now.

Looks good and seems more responsive.

Tapatalk would be nice but maybe PWA is as good an option?

This is what I hate about technology, everything has to be changed/upgraded frequently. I only use my tablet for reading, playing scrabble, sudoku and email. Email is being phased out by most companies and you can only get in touch by messages for macaron sites like Twitter, Facebook and their like which I dont use as few people would be interested in what Ive had to eat, my cat sleeping or me holding up a glass of alcohol.
Did @parklane1 hack your account?

Good job @scaramanga. I generally moan a lot about changes like this but I quite like the new UI.

Did @parklane1 hack your account?

Good job @scaramanga. I generally moan a lot about changes like this but I quite like the new UI.

No but nothing regarding Internet would surprise me, great tool for businesses and conmen, the user can go and F*** themselves they've got your money, you can always contact customer services (oxymoron) and push multi buttons to listen to more options before either being asked to jump through many hoops or have a chat with a computer or overseas call centre. Rant over

Need some suggestions for emojis that we can add.

Also there's a wider range of reactions - I'm thinking a middle finger would be a good start.
The only thing I reckon it's missing (other than the acknowledgement that we're a bunch of mainly grown men discussing which emojis we want to express ourselves) is something like the facebook "care" one - It's odd to me if you have someone sharing bad news or talking through difficulties in the mental health thread and it has a bunch of likes, it's not meant antagonistically but does seem a bit off.

The other changes I'll hopefully get used to although it'd be handy to have the page number navigator at the top of the thread in addition to the bottom, and page numbers on the thread when viewing it on SNAV / General / The cheese room (excellent name).

It's also funny that it counts our overall reactions received rather than just positive ones if you click a profile. Which seems to suggest it's better to be a contrarian rather than being likeable or at least equally valued, so a few poster's (myself included) stats may go through the roof!

Looks better on my computer than it did on my phone.

Just some minor stuff so far. I've tried looking through some of the options myself, but haven't been able to affect much yet.

On the phone the banner at the top with the badger sends you to https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community, which doesn't work as it's missing a / at the end. On the desktop version the link is simply for https://www.glory-glory.co.uk.

Desktop version has the page numbers neatly lined up as before, but they're missing on the phone version.

Also, can we leave push notifications permanently off? Surely we're not that kind of web site?
It's a user option. Unfortunately you can't have it as available but default off.

I've been using it today and it's quite handy.

Question - 9n the phone how do you get to the most recent post on any given thread? The link seems to just have an arbitrary decision on where it drops you into the thread?

It's a user option. Unfortunately you can't have it as available but default off.

I've been using it today and it's quite handy.

Oh well. Managed to turn them off (there are a lot of them) on my profile page, which is hard to get to on my phone.

Looks better on my computer than it did on my phone.

Just some minor stuff so far. I've tried looking through some of the options myself, but haven't been able to affect much yet.

On the phone the banner at the top with the badger sends you to https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community, which doesn't work as it's missing a / at the end. On the desktop version the link is simply for https://www.glory-glory.co.uk.

Desktop version has the page numbers neatly lined up as before, but they're missing on the phone version.
The nav stuff is all about screen size. If I turn my phone landscape or open up the large screen it's there. On the smaller front screen it isn't.

Back