• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serious relegation fears

Its now a straight shot out....

If we go wave after wave after wave like we did yesterday, against Liverpool, who are in fairness a better team than Bournemouth, I think we will beat them.

My worry is Leicester are not slipping, they actually slipped up more earlier in the season with nothing to play for, no they seem to have the finishing line in sight they are more focused than ever.....4 x 1-0 wins is not a fluke, they are being able to take each game as its last, which for once is not just a cliche.

I will probably look back at our game against them and Saudi Sportswashing Machine at home as to where the points swing is, they go 8 points clear in early games and we have to claw back to just get to 5 points...its gonna be tough

I think we will win it if we do manage to get level on points with them. The trouble is, I can see us losing to Liverpool and Chelsea so they will have to drop points in multiple games and sadly, I don't see that happening. They have perfected the art of grinding out 1-0 wins, you have to give them credit for that if nothing else.

We still have to worry about scum, they will go on their typical run of winning 8 in a row immediately after playing us and getting dumped out of the CL. I just want 3rd as a minimum from here on out and not have to worry about a silly CL qualifier.
‘My friend, we can win the league’ - Erik Lamela 2016

Be interesting to see how the break affects them. Claudio is off to Rome to avoid the pressure supposedly. It's building now and with no distractions it could play on them.
Of course they could come back rested and blitz everyone. Who knows!

Werent liverpool 5 pts ahead with 3 games to go? Nothing one or lost yet but I don't think we can afford anymore than 1 loss and 1 draw. Will be a tough ask but we are a superb team and will have chances in all the games. If Kane keeps firing and Eriksen and the others chip in then we might just nick it while relegating Saudi Sportswashing Machine on the last day!!

Since the two week break Leicester have looked less convincing. I know we aren't meant to call it lucky, but they haven't dominated all those games and when teams are crashing shots off the woodwork and narrowly missing the target in games, you have to call it lucky.

I still think they will win it mind. A few weeks ago I had Everton down to cause them to stumble, but right now I can't see Everton keeping a clean sheet against a League 1 side, let alone Leicester. Meanwhile we have to target 6 points from our next 3 games, not only to keep up with Leicester but to keep the rest at arms length. I'm hoping to see us have the mentality that we had in the run that got us our first season of UCL football, grinding out results against the bigger teams.

Werent liverpool 5 pts ahead with 3 games to go? Nothing one or lost yet but I don't think we can afford anymore than 1 loss and 1 draw. Will be a tough ask but we are a superb team and will have chances in all the games. If Kane keeps firing and Eriksen and the others chip in then we might just nick it while relegating Saudi Sportswashing Machine on the last day!!

2 for 1 special. Like your style.

Last edited:
I loved the chant going round the stadium yesterday a dew minutes to the end of the match yesterday:

We're coming for you
We're coming for you
Leicester City we're coming for you

I loved the chant going round the stadium yesterday a dew minutes to the end of the match yesterday:

We're coming for you
We're coming for you
Leicester City we're coming for you

I hate it when we do chants like that. Even more so the "you're brick" chant.

No. It is the right thing to chant. Chanting Leicester City, we're coming for you means something. it emboldened me and I'm sure it will have emboldened the players. It was not a live game but the report I read in the paper this morning quoted the chant, we need Leicester to know we have them in our sights. Yes they are winning and that's impressive but they are not playing well, not dominating teams like we did yesterday against an in form Bournemouth.

I am supremely confident in this team, they have earned that confidence by their consistent fine play. I think we will win six and draw one of our last seven games and we will win the league.

Leicester WILL drop points. I see both Sunderland and West Ham as obvious games, but remember Chelski...I think we are right in it, and I have renewed hope. I am also hopeful that we might get a 'Football Gods' return on those 'balls 7/8 over the line' and double-woodwork moments from previous games might swing our way. I am still sticking with my gut-feeling of a few weeks back that goal difference is going to be absolutely vital...COYFS!!!!

So Leicester have Chelsea on the final day of the season, lets say it all comes down to that final game ....... No way do they want us winning the league, pretty sure they would do their best to throw that game. Hopefully it dosn't come to that it would be hard to take on so many different levels.

There are some additional factors that could help us:

They could have European football at stake.

It could be Terry's last game at Stamford Bridge.

Ranieri could win league title at Stamford Bridge.

Regardless of Ranieri (Roman might find an important engagement for that day), would they want to surrender their title on their own patch?

There are some additional factors that could help us:

They could have European football at stake.

It could be Terry's last game at Stamford Bridge.

Ranieri could win league title at Stamford Bridge.

Regardless of Ranieri (Roman might find an important engagement for that day), would they want to surrender their title on their own patch?

Yes if it meant we couldn't win it

I hie stay believe they will work their hardest against us and bend over backwards against Leicester

So Leicester have Chelsea on the final day of the season, lets say it all comes down to that final game ....... No way do they want us winning the league, pretty sure they would do their best to throw that game. Hopefully it dosn't come to that it would be hard to take on so many different levels.

From a fans perspective this may be true, and possibly it may be the case for Terry etc, However the likelyhood is that a fair amount of the chelsea players are friendly with our players. Giroud and Lloris are very close for example. The crowd may not push them on however id imagine Hazard would be gunning for his belgium team mates to win the league rather than Danny Drinkwater. Also wouldnt take the fact that the russian doesnt want ranneri having a party on his pitch`

From a fans perspective this may be true, and possibly it may be the case for Terry etc, However the likelyhood is that a fair amount of the chelsea players are friendly with our players. Giroud and Lloris are very close for example. The crowd may not push them on however id imagine Hazard would be gunning for his belgium team mates to win the league rather than Danny Drinkwater. Also wouldnt take the fact that the russian doesnt want ranneri having a party on his pitch`

Ranieri is held in high regard by Chelsea fans and old players so I think they would welcome it as its not exactmy competition for them next season in their eyes

Leicester are cornering the underdog / fairytale / rags-to-riches sympathy vote all over the place. No-one wants us to win it. Being in London surrounded by so many bitter rivals we probably have more haters than most, so if so if we do end up winning it we will be the party-poopers.

Wouldn't that be just brilliant!

Having been a Spurs fan for many years and, as a result, knowing the team's capacity to offer hope only to snatch it away at the last minute (or seconds), I find it difficult to even contemplate the faintest possibility that we might actually win the league. It just feels so wrong. I find myself instead poring over the remaining fixtures and, for each game, finding plausible reasons why we might only scrape a point or worse.

It is scary how supporting a football team can erode rationality. I just hope the team takes a personal chef everywhere they go, from now until the end of the season.

Leicester WILL drop points. I see both Sunderland and West Ham as obvious games, but remember Chelski...I think we are right in it, and I have renewed hope. I am also hopeful that we might get a 'Football Gods' return on those 'balls 7/8 over the line' and double-woodwork moments from previous games might swing our way. I am still sticking with my gut-feeling of a few weeks back that goal difference is going to be absolutely vital...COYFS!!!!

Remember we have to play Chelsea too.. Also Liverpool and United.
If we got three draws from those three games and Leicester slip up and draw with Sunderland and lose to Spam and Chelsea, then we're still three points shy.

I want to believe we can get 7 points from Chelsea, Liverpool and United and that would make all the difference, however I have a feeling we'll end up with one point in total.. I want to believe in your optimism Steff, I truly do!

Back